First of all, if you intend to control your appetite in a safe way, do not use harmful appetite suppressing pills such as Proactol, Chitosan, Reductil, Meridia, Phentermine, Xenical, Alli, and other medications as they can be very unhealthy and even dangerous. Those anorectic drugs usually suppress hunger by reducing secretion of epinephrine and norepinephrine (noradrenaline) that stimulate our appetite. The following negative effects are usually the result of using those drugs: insomnia, nervousness, high blood pressure and increased heart rate, restlessness, headache, blurred vision, etc.
According to a 2012 clinical trial also popular Hoodia Gordonii extract actually did not demonstrate any appetite suppressing abilities and at the same time induced a lot of side effects, such as elevated blood pressure and heart rate, strange skin sensations, nausea, and vomiting.
The appetite suppressants based on high doses of caffeine or ephedra are not free from harmful side effects too. Usually they lead to anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, nervousness, headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, or muscle twitching.
Another popular appetite suppressant is apple cider vinegar which is high in acetic acid. However, if you decide to include apple cider vinegar in your diet avoid consuming it in large doses for a long period of time as it may lead to potassium deficiency, reduction of bone mineral density, and since it is highly acidic it may induce indigestion or heartburn and can damage tooth enamel.
Practising the following principles will help you to suppress appetite in between meals in a natural and safe way:
– According to Prof. John Foreyt of Baylor College of Medicine, if we are tempted to eat an ice cream, a chocolate, chips, or any other junk food in between meals, its usually a sign of craving, and not a true hunger. In this case, since according to Prof. Foreyt cravings typically last only about ten minutes, we just need to recognize that it is just a craving and cope with it by diverting our mind or involving it in different activities such as conversation with someone, listening to a music, watching an interesting program, meditating, reading, or exercising until the craving disappears.
– In order to overcome hunger especially in between meals and in the evening remember to drink 2-3 glasses of water (very warm is more effective in suppressing appetite) between meals 3 times a day. Water will definitely reduce appetite for about 30 minutes. If you still feel hungry immediately after drinking water just wait 5-10 minutes, and you will find that your appetite is either completely gone or dramatically reduced. Studies demonstrated that drinking enough water helped participants to lose weight and increased their metabolic rates by 30%.
– If drinking 2 glasses of water is not enough to suppress appetite, have some warm Slimming Vegetable Soup without potatoes (see Recipes). It is very low in calories and will fill your stomach helping you to suppress hunger. But please eat this soup in between meals only if you really have to as any type of food including soup will stimulate your stomach to release digestive enzymes and as a result the ability to make those enzymes during regular meals would be impaired.
– The best way to control hunger and lose weight is by eating plenty of leafy vegetables such as lettuce, different types of cabbage, and other leafy vegetables. They are so low in calories that you shouldn’t worry about them at all and feel free to have them in unlimited quantities. And if you take into consideration the fact that your body has to use calories in order to digest them we can actually consider them as calorie free foods. In addition, they also help to control appetite by filling our stomach and thus satisfying hunger. You can eat those vegetables after mixing them in a large bowel with fresh lemon juice, humus, or other healthy and low calorie home maid salad dressings. This is an excellent way to fill your stomach and overcome hunger while only giving yourself about a hundred calories from the salad dressing.
– Include soaked in water or any plant-based milk (for about 30 minutes or longer) chia seeds in your breakfast because it is helpful in suppressing hunger. It is high in soluble fibre and can absorb large amounts of water (up to 12 times its own weight) thus providing a feeling of fullness that lasts for quite a long time. It means that adding just about 30 grams or an ounce of chia seeds to our diet can significantly reduce caloric intake and greatly increase the amount of fibre.
– Because Agar is 80-percent fibre it is regarded as an excellent and highly effective dietary supplement helping to lose weight as it works as a safe laxative and appetite suppressant because of its ability to absorb water, it increases its volume in the stomach thus giving a feeling of fullness.
– Spirulina contains a substance named phonylanine which can help us to reduce appetite. Also the high content of nutrients found in spirulina as well as chlorella and other super foods (alfalfa, wheat grass, maca, barley grass, etc.) can help us to relieve hunger and boosting energy encourage us to exercise.
– Always eat very slowly taking small bites and chewing food to a cream before swallowing. Doing this you will feel satisfied before eating too much. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to figure out that your stomach is actually full and that it is time to stop eating. For this reason you need to slow down while consuming your meal so that the brain could have enough time to catch up with the stomach. As a result you will greatly reduce the tendency to eat too much. If you feel you are losing time eating so slowly, engage your mind in watching or listening to something, reading a book, or any other beneficial activity while eating. Another problem is that most people drink different beverages while they eat not realizing that it is an unhealthy habit which promote overeating by encouraging quick swallowing of food.
– Start each meal consuming big portion of fresh and raw vegetables.
– Make breakfast the largest meal while supper the lightest. Two meals a day are even better than three, especially if you don’t use a lot of energy during the day. If you are unable to overcome the temptation to eat at night, always first drink warm water, wait a little and if you still feel like you have to eat something have one or two fruits, some vegetables, or the ‘slimming vegetable soup’.
– Since stress is a huge trigger for cravings you need to learn how to cope with it through regular exercise, healthy unrefined diet, prayer, supplements, herbal remedies and other methods which are described in this book.
– Get spiritual and moral empowerment from the chapter Motivation and Empowerment.
– Pray before each meal thanking God for the food and asking with faith for strength needed to refuse snacking in between meals and ability to stop eating when you really should.
– Drink 1 – 2 glasses of cold-pressed vegetable juice about 30 minutes before each meal, then start your meal with most healthy and nutritious foods such as raw vegetables.
– If you have to eat something sweet then make a banana- or strawberry-flavoured soy protein shake by blending together the following ingredients: 1 banana, a cup of plant based milk (oat, rice, almond, hemp, etc.), soy protein powder, 1 tablespoon of guar gum or xanthan gum powder, and a bit of stevia or xylitol as a sweetener. Mix all ingredients in a blender until it will look like a pudding. You may also experiment adding a teaspoon of carob powder, etc.
– Raw and cooked vegetables are the best to satisfy your hunger and reduce body weight as they are very low in calories but if you don’t like them than fresh fruits such as apples, strawberries and other fresh fruits or even dried fruits are much better than processed and refined high-calorie foods as they are loaded with fat, sugar and deprived of fibre. And while it is easy to eat 1000 calorie junk food no one get even close to the same amount of calories by consuming apples as you will probably have enough before reaching 200 calories! Apples are great appetite suppressing foods because the bulky fibre fills up your stomach before you overeat. In addition, apples contain various phytonutrients, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals.
– You can also increase the appetite suppressing effects of any meal you consume by swallowing a good quality fibre (psyllium husk, glucomannan, apple pectin, oat bran) in the form of powder, capsules or tablets about 15-30 minutes before meals. Avoid overdosing those fibres and always have them with at least two glasses of water and make sure you drink minimum of 8 or 9 glasses of water every day. It is very important because those fibres absorb a lot of water and in case your body is dehydrated they get hard and can even block your intestines! After about 15-30 minutes start your meal by eating a large portion of raw vegetable salad.
– Take tryptophan supplements (5HTP) and often consume foods high in tryptophan (cooked soy beans, Tofu, ground sesame seeds, pulses) as in one study 1 to 3 grams of tryptophan taken one hour before meal reduced appetite and calorie consumption. Sweet unrefined carbohydrates such as fruits (especially bananas and dried fruits) are the best type of food to increase production of serotonin without which it is very difficult to control appetite and negative emotions. Some studies also suggest that without sweet unrefined carbohydrates (fresh and dried fruits) in our diet it is impossible for amino acid tryptophan, from which serotonin is produced, to pass the blood-brain barrier.
– Cooked soybeans should be regarded by you as one of the best foods if you want to keep your appetite satisfied for a longer time. First of all, together with Tofu (soya cheese), it is the highest source of tryptophan which is used in our body to make serotonin – a very important appetite regulator. Soya also increases satiety due to the fact that it is also the best source of high quality protein and at the same time it contains complex carbohydrates which help tryptophan to pass the blood-brain barrier. But apart from that, a 2003 study demonstrated that soybeans contain a special chemical called beta-conglycinin which suppresses appetite by stimulating cholecystokinin release.
– Remember about physical activity as apart from improving metabolism and burning calories it also reduces hunger by increasing the body sensitivity to hormones that control appetite. Exercise also increases the ability of to improve insulin sensitivity in our skeletal muscles which lowers insulin levels in the blood thus reducing appetite especially in between meals. According to the American Journal of Physiology one hour of high-intensity aerobic exercise is able to suppress appetite stimulating hormones so effectively that we can forget about food for a couple hours.
– Get rid of all the refined and rich in empty calories foods as they make you hungry soon after consuming them and force your body to crave for more food. As soon as you start increasing the consumption of high-nutrient plant foods (vegetables, whole grains, fresh fruits, beans, lentils, seeds, nuts), your appetite for the unhealthy and low-nutrient foods will gradually decrease. Keep in mind that any refined diet (meat products, dairy, foods containing refined sugar, white flour products, etc.) which is low in fibre, vitamins, and minerals always quickly stimulates our appetite again thus forcing us to eat between meals in hope that next time we will nourish it with sufficient amount of nutrients. The situation gets even worse if you habitually use stimulants such as caffeine products, tea, cola drinks, or alcohol which tend to farther deprive your body of these few nutrients you supplied it with your refined diet. Dense living nutrients found in raw unrefined plant-based foods (especially vegetables) are what meet and satisfy our cells nutritional needs, so that there is no need to struggle with uncontrollable hunger.
– Read and practice principles included in the chapter about hormones, especially leptin and serotonin which play important role in controlling your mood, appetite, and metabolism.
– Do not use any of the calorie-restricted diets as studies demonstrated that they significantly reduce tryptophan levels leading to reduced serotonin synthesis, increased hunger and reduced probability of maintaining weight loss.
– If you suffer from the symptoms of low blood sugar levels treat the problem according to the information included in the chapter dealing with hypoglycemia because people with low blood sugar levels have tendency to overeat.
– Increase efficiency in burning fat by consuming low-glycemic and higher in fiber foods for breakfast as in this way you will reduce the appetite and tendency to overeat during the next meal. British researchers concluded that unrefined plant foods rich in complex carbohydrates and fibre which at the same time have low glycaemic index may encourage our body to burn fat rather than using only blood sugar as a source of energy. This very important study again proves that it is not the amount of calories which is most important in dealing with obesity and overweight but the quality of food is the key to success. It means that our meals should be rich in fibre and at the same time low in GI!
– Consume healthy, natural, high in vitamins and minerals, and unrefined foods. Doing this very day you will be free from craving and eating between meals simply because your body will finally get what it needs to be able to function properly. Remember that too much insulin (which increases appetite) is produced only when you consume refined carbohydrates (anything which contains white refined sugar and white flour).
– Sleep at least 7 hours a day and avoid alcohol as lack of sleep and alcohol stimulate ghrelin production in our stomach thus increasing hunger. Proper rest and sleep help the fat cells in our body to produce more leptin a hormone which plays very important role in increasing satiety and improving our ability to control appetite. Apart from the lack of sleep also stress greatly reduces the amount of this hormone in our body leading to binge eating.
– If you have to use a sweetener use xylitol instead of sugar as sugar impairs leptin hormonal signalling resulting in increased hunger and weight gain, while xylitol may boost satiety effect leading to reduced calorie consumption.
– The pinolenic acid (omega-6 fatty acid) found in pine nuts can actually promote weight loss and reduce food intake as it has been shown to increase the release of satiety hormones GLP-1 and CCK (cholecystokinin) that work as a hunger suppressant. Eat only unroasted and unsalted pine nuts and avoid eating them in between meals.
– Fennel tea at night reduces cravings and resets taste buds.
– If possible get rid of all the junk food you can find in your house and working place and avoid buying it again. I myself practice this principle and it works great simply because it is impossible to eat something we don’t even have.
– You can also take raspberry ketones twice a day in order to increase satiety and metabolism.
In a very interesting experiment scientists divided women into two groups. Both groups received an identical milkshake to drink, but first group was informed that their milkshake was very high in calories, the second one was told it was low in calories. After women consumed the milkshake all of them received a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. Guess which group consumed more of the ice cream? The participants who were persuaded that their milkshake was high in calories consumed more ice cream! It is not difficult to explain this phenomenon when we take into consideration the fact that when most of us are overcome by the temptation and eat something we know is unhealthy then we feel discouraged and have a tendency to go the whole hog.
Recently I was listening to an excellent lecture on depression by Dr. Neil Nedley in which he mentioned about a woman who was on a diet but when she saw an ice cream in her fridge she thought it wouldn’t be a crime if she had a little. But after she ate some of the ice cream she felt as if she had committed a crime. As a result she felt so down that she said to herself, “I am nothing but a pig”, and then she consumed the entire 2 litre box.
The body’s drive to make us eat is immensely powerful, and not only overweight individuals but the great majority of us, including myself and even skinny individuals, do not usually possess strong will power which is necessary to overcome daily temptations associated with rich in fat and sugar foods or harmful stimulants. Although numerous old and new studies demonstrate that majority of obese people possess weak will power it doesn’t mean that this is always the key cause of the problem as there are other factors such as slower metabolism, hormonal imbalance, or certain drugs that often play even more important role. I know guys who do not eat more than slim people and still struggle with their body weight. The sad truth is, however, that majority of us are not naturally equipped with a strong will power, and that’s why there are so many alcoholics, cigarette smokers, drug, caffeine, meat, cheese or sugar addicts.
Over two thousand overweight people were recently surveyed in England and almost seventy percent of them stated that although they were aware of the fact that being overweight greatly increases the risk of cancer and other complications, yet they failed to reduce their calorie, fat, and sugar intake because of weak will power. They clearly stated that it was the lack of willpower which was the biggest obstacle in their attempts to lose weight.
For this reason it is often not enough to instruct someone to change diet, get rid of junk foods, and exercise on a regular basis because most of us are not able to practice it without strong motivation and proper empowerment. Apart from that, also the deprived sense of taste needs to be modified, because otherwise it might be very difficult or even impossible to overcome all the long-cultivated and deep-rooted dietary habits. That is why in order to live a really healthy lifestyle and enjoy it at the same time, we also need to find strong motivation, the source of moral strength, and we also need an inner influence which would enable us to control our inherent as well as acquired tendencies.
The very good news is, however, that such influence and empowerment is available to everyone, and it is available free of charge. All the information which is necessary to discover the true and only source of this power and how to receive it you will find in this and the following chapter.
In 1990 I had a privilege to participate in a nutritional training which took place in New York. It was conducted by John A. Scharffenberg, M.D., MPH, and Professor of Nutrition at Loma Linda University. During one of his lectures he stated that, “Studies conducted in America demonstrated that if someone became determined to overcome an addiction because of religious beliefs and moral convictions the final success was almost always guaranteed.”
About 30 years ago I myself was addicted to junk food, smoking, and alcohol. Fortunately, after many pathetic attempts and failures, when I realized I was too week to overcome all those bad habits using my own will power, I started to look for the strength outside of myself. I wanted that freedom and change in my life so much that I even tried the effectiveness of spiritism as at that time I didn’t realize how dangerous it was. But when spiritism failed me too, I finally decided to give God a chance, although at that time I wasn’t even sure He existed. Yet, one day, I was so desperate that somehow I knelt down on my knees and with tears in my eyes I started to beg God to change me, to give me the moral strength I needed and set me free from my addictions.
Soon after that an amazing process of transformation slowly began in my life. As an answer to my desperate prayer I was given a book titled “The Great Controversy” by Ellen G. White. That book made such a huge impression on me that I started to feel a very strong desire to get even more acquainted with this totally new vision of God I have found there. Consequently I started to study the Bible and talk with God using my own simple words. As a result I have experienced the ‘new birth’ and became so effectively empowered that eventually I gained total victory over my bad habits and addictions. Since that time I haven’t touched alcohol nor cigarettes for almost thirty years. Also my diet and the whole lifestyle have been completely transformed. But, what is also very important, I’ve been really enjoying my totally new way of living.
That wonderful experience, which in the Bible is called ‘the new birth’, I could describe using the words of famous Russian writer – Lew Tolstoy, who about his conversion wrote the following words:
“When five years ago I came to believe in Christ’s teaching, my life suddenly changed; I ceased to desire what I had previously desired, and began to desire what I formerly did not want. What had previously seemed to me good now appeared to be evil, and what I regarded as evil now seemed good. It happened to me as it happens to a man who goes out on some business and on the way suddenly decides that the business is unnecessary and returns home. All that was on his right is now on his left, and all that was on his left is now on his right; his former wish to get as far as possible from home has changed into a wish to be as near as possible to it. The direction of my life and my desires became different, and good and evil changed places”.
I know that for some people it might be quite humiliating to admit that they are too weak to be able to overcome their bad habits, unhealthy appetite or cravings on their own, but please forget about your pride and give it a try! You have nothing to lose, and if you only put your heart into it you will not be disappointed. If you need the same empowerment please study the small and wonderful book Steps to Christ by the same author – Ellen G. White. It is available online in different formats (including audio) and free of charge:
But, please remember that in order to experience the new birth (transformation) and receive the strength you are looking for, you have to carefully study each chapter step by step, meditating, believing and doing exactly what the book says, because only with true faith and whole-hearted involvement you won’t be disappointed. Here is a short passage from this great and inspired book:
“You are weak in moral power, and controlled by the habits of your life. Your promises and resolutions are like ropes of sand. You cannot control your thoughts, your impulses, your affections. The knowledge of your broken promises weakens your confidence in your own sincerity. But, you need not to despair… You cannot change your heart, but you can give your will to God; He will then work in you. Thus your whole nature will be brought under the control of the Spirit of Christ… By surrendering your will to Christ, you ally yourself with the power that is above all powers! You will have strength from above, and thus through constant surrender to God you will be enabled to live a new life. You cannot change your heart but God promises to do all this for you through Christ. You believe that promise, confess your sins and give yourself to God. Just as surely as you do this, God will fulfil His word to you. Do not wait to feel that you are made whole, but say, ‘I believe it; it is so, not because I feel it, but because God has promised.’ There is a condition to this promise, that we pray according to the will of God. But it is the will of God to cleanse us from sin! It is the will of God to make us His children, and to enable us to live a holy life! So we may ask for these blessings, believe that we receive them, and thank God that we have received them! It is our privilege to go to Jesus and be cleansed, and to stand before the law without shame or remorse… Consecrate yourself to God in the morning. Make this your very first work. Let your prayer be, ‘Take me, oh Lord, as totally Yours. I lay all my plans at Your feet… Abide with me, and let all my work be done in You.’ This is a daily matter. Each morning you must consecrate yourself to God for that day. Surrender all of your plans to Him to be carried out or given up as His providence shall indicate. Thus day by day you may be giving your life into God’s hands, and your life will be moulded more and more after the life of Christ. Your weakness is united to His strength; your ignorance is joined to His wisdom; and your frailty is merged to His enduring might. So you are not to look to yourself or to let your mind dwell upon self, but look to Christ. Let your mind dwell upon Christ’s love and upon the beauty and the perfection of His character”.
Every morning surrender your life and your mind to God in prayer. Often pray while walking, driving, working, and before each meal, thanking God for His gifts, and asking for empowerment with faith. Immediately after you ask thank Him for improving your taste and giving you strength to overcome your bad habits and weaknesses. Pray more for others than for yourself. God loves you and knows what you need anyway. He appreciates when we think and care about others because the foundation of His nature, His law, government, and all actions is His perfectly unselfish and everlasting love. Keep on doing it every day and you will surely gain victory and as a bonus you will enjoy a wonderful inward peace, and freedom from existential fears.
And, please never get impatient like a wayward child. Don’t get discouraged or give up if you can’t see the results quickly. Remember that even if sometimes you lose a battle it is already guaranteed that with God you will surely win the whole war, simply because He promises it to you in His Word!
Also keep in mind that when you suffer being tempted the periods of strong craving or temptation never last long (usually 5 – 15 minutes), and then they disappear or get much weaker. So be patient and wait for a while. Remember that every time you overcome the temptation you get stronger while the temptation gets weaker and weaker until after some time it disappears completely. Just keep on thanking God and asking with faith for the strength and transformation and you will receive it. God loves you and it is His desire to help you. But He can do it only when you allow Him to work for you and in you. Ask therefore, pray, and submit your life and mind to Him every day using simple words and talking to God as to a loving Father who is almighty and able to solve any problem.
Driving a car, travelling, and especially walking give great opportunity to talk to God, to thank and praise Him for the gift of life, for empowerment, and especially for His gift of the wonderful new eternal life which can be ours through faith in His Son. Keep on reading the Bible and books like the Desire of Ages every day. You can try to memorize some great and powerful Bible verses and repeat them while walking. Remember that unlike other books the Word of God doesn’t only talk about power but it contains the saving and transforming power because it is inspired by Holy Spirit. That is why Apostle Paul wrote about it in the book of Hebrews 4:12 the following words: “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
Here are some examples of powerful Bible verses and promises that will give you strength and improve your emotional and spiritual condition if you claim these promises and repeat them with faith, confidence, and thanksgiving:
“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10);
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7);
“I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:12-13);
“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1-2);
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice! The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:4-7);
“God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” (1Corinthians 10:13);
“Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Matthew 7:8);
“Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” (Matthew 7:9-11);
“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.” (John 6:37);
“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defence – Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.” (1John 1:7);
“The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.” (1John 1:7);
“If we refuse to admit that we are sinners, then we live in a world of illusion and truth becomes a stranger to us. But if we freely admit that we have sinned, we find God utterly reliable and straightforward – he forgives our sins and makes us thoroughly clean from all that is evil. For if we take up the attitude ‘we have not sinned’, we utterly deny God’s diagnosis of our condition and cut ourselves off from what he has to say to us.” (1John 1:8-10, J. B. Phillips NT Translation);
“Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature: old things have passed away; behold, all things are new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17);
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20);
“I urge you (…), offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God (…) And do not conform any longer to the pattern (lifestyle and diet) of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” (Romans 12:1-2).
Blom WAM, Abrahamse SL, Bradford R (2012). Effects of 15-d repeated consumption of Hoodia gordonii purified extract on safety, ad libitum energy intake, and body weight in healthy, overweight women: a randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, October 12, 2011.
Nishi T1, Hara H, Asano K, Tomita F. 2003. The soybean beta-conglycinin beta 51-63 fragment suppresses appetite by stimulating cholecystokinin release in rats. J Nutr. 2003 Aug; 133(8):2537-42.
Dr. Agatha Thrash, Health Recovery Program. Online: http://www.ucheepines.org/health-recovery-program/
Nickols-Richardson, S.M., Volpe, J.J., Coleman, M.D., “Premenopausal Women Following a Low-Carbohydrate/High-Protein Diet Experience Greater Weight Loss and Less Hunger Compared to a High-Carbohydrate/Low-Fat Diet,” Abstract Presented at FASEB Meeting on Experimental Biology: Translating the Genome, April 17-21, 2004, in Washington, D.C.
King, N. A., Horner, K., Hills, A. P., et al. Exercise, appetite and weight management: understanding the compensatory responses in eating behaviour and how they contribute to variability in exercise-induced weight loss. Br J Sports Med. 2012; 46(5):31522
Astrup A, Vrist E, Quaade F (February 1990). “Dietary fibre added to very low calorie diet reduces hunger and alleviates constipation”. Int J Obes 14 (2): 10512. PMID 2160441.