LYME DISEASE (BORRELIOSIS)
Written by Slawomir Gromadzki, MPH
Lyme disease (Borreliosis) is a complicated infection caused by bacteria (borrelia burgdorferi) that’s transmitted from a tick or insect bite.
The disease can start with muscle and joint pain, headaches, fever, and flu-like symptoms. Over time, the symptoms may turn into a chronic inflammatory response similar to that of an autoimmune condition.
Acute Lyme disease should be treated with either synthetic (followed by good probiotic formula) or natural (high dosages of garlic, golden seal, etc.) antibiotics.
Chronic (or recurrent) Lyme disease requires more effort, and natural antibiotics must be associated with positive lifestyle changes and using best remedies able to weaken bacteria and strengthen the immune system.
As it in case of any bacterial or viral infection also here the development of Lyme disease depends on the strength of the immune system. Weakness of this system (caused by vitamin D and zinc deficiency, diet high in sugar and bad fats, dairy products, cheese, refined foods, stress, pessimism, nutritional deficiencies, toxins, diet low in antioxidants, avoiding raw vegetables, sedentary lifestyle, etc.) is the main cause of chronic Lyme disease. That’s why the key element of treating chronic Lyme disease is improving overall immunity by implementing the following principles and using listed below supplements, which must work together (as many at the same time as possible).
LIFESTYLE AND NUTRITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS
– Most important aspect of the treatment is lifestyle and diet according to the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN as in this way you will deal with the causes of the problem.
– Until complete recovery, avoid everything which weakens immune system: Milk and all dairy products, cheese, pizza, chocolate, traditional ice creams, refined sugar and foods containing sugar, breakfast cereals, high fructose/glucose syrup, antibiotics, stimulants, pessimism, refined foods, white flour products, white rice, etc.
– The only oil to use is raw coconut oil as it can kill bacteria.
– Eat more raw vegetables, cabbage family vegetables, carrots, onion, garlic, etc.
– In case of treatment-resistant cases, go on Hallelujah diet for 3-6 months or even longer.
– Stress control and positive thinking is crucial for strong immunity.
– Every day include in your diet the 5 CRITICAL and MOST POWERFUL SUPER FOODS:
1. Fresh raw sprouts
2. Freshwater algae (chlorella, spirulina)
3. Super grasses (barley grass, alfalfa, wheatgrass)
4. Fresh cold pressed vegetable juices
5. Fresh raw organic turmeric powder (Pukka) or wholistic turmeric capsules (Pukka) with 10 x better bioavailability than powder.
SUPPLEMENTS AND HERBAL REMEDIES
– Vitamin D3 is probably the most important supplement as it may have a tremendous influence on strengthening the immune system which is the most important element of treating chronic Lyme disease – 20,000 to 30,000 IU for 4 weeks or till recovery. After that 10,000 to 20,000 IU a day (must be with magnesium as it leads to its deficiency). Try to increase the blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D to at least 50 or more ng/ml.
– Magnesium citrate or another well absorbed magnesium: Two times 400mg of Magnesium citrate a day (30-60 min before breakfast and before bed). The more vitamin D3 is used, the more magnesium must be taken, as D3 uses magnesium for its own activation in kidneys, leading to magnesium deficiency!
– Zinc: 15-30mg after meals. Zinc is very important! Take zinc with 500-1000mg quercetin as it will make zinc much more effective.
– Good probiotic formula (ImmuProbio or DailyProbio (HealthAid) would be the most recommended in this case) for 2 months or longer. It is extremely important as lack of beneficial bacteria in intestines is one of the key causes of weak immune system!
– Raw garlic (or at least raw onion) 3 x a day or Garlic Max capsules (as it must contain standardised allicin): 3 x a day 1 caps. with meals until recovery.
– According to one study, “stevia kills Lyme disease better than antibiotics”
– Black seed oil (Nigella sativa): Lyme disease (Borreliosis) is a complicated infection caused by bacteria (borrelia burgdorferi).
Nigella sativa has powerful antibacterial properties, so it would be strange if it wasn’t working against bacteria causing Lyme disease. There are articles that claim it works. Here is an example: “Particularly, in Nigella Sativa oil (black seed oil) form, it is famous for killing Lyme bacteria. Apart from this, thymoquinone also inhibits NF-kappaB. This group of protein is associated with inflammation and autoimmune disorders. In a way, thymoquinone works on the roots of the Lyme and banishes it from your body – forever. Many Lyme disease victims have used it for their quick recoveries. Unlike other herbal oils, it doesn’t only treat Lyme, but also your entire body. If you are dealing with chronic, severe third-stage symptoms, you can count on this compound to treat Lyme.” Unfortunately, can’t find enough research to prove the above. Below is the link to what I have found:
Black Cumin Seed (Nigella Sativa) May Enhance Memory and Have Neuroprotective Benefits in Lyme Disease – Prohealth
There are also some Lyme sufferers who claim to get better as a result of taking Black seed oil but the benefit was not permanent: “As for the black seed oil I came across it in a desperate search for a cure, and I’m not kidding there is something in that oil that cures you! As I mentioned above I was literally cured overnight, I had no back pain, no light sensitivity, no feeling faint after walking past smokers etc. But for some reason it just stopped working for me after a good few weeks… PS if you do decide to get the oil it must be cold pressed and solvent free.”
– Vitamin C (must be L-ascorbic acid, not Ascorbic acid): 2-3 x 1000mg with meals.
– Golden seal tincture or Bee Propolis: Three times a day between meals with water.
– Methylcobalamin (form of vitamin B12) is another very important remedy which helped many people to get rid of chronic fatigue and problems associated with weak immune system as deficiency of this vitamin is regarded as “rampant” today. > Methylcobalamin (should be sublingual) 2,000 to 3,000 mcg a day under the tongue (only with breakfast) for one month. After 3 months reduce to 1,000 to 2,000 mcg a day (with breakfast). Read very important and interesting article on VITAMIN B12
– Good quality Multivitamin-mineral formula or Vitamin B-complex: 1 tablet after breakfast. Please do not buy cheap formulas as their potency is very low and they contain only short list of inorganic ingredients. It must be a good quality formula such as Healthy Mega (HealthAid) which are an excellent multi-vitamin and mineral formulas fortified with alfalfa powder, rutin, citrus bioflavonoids, bromelain, herbs, digestive enzymes and many other super nutrients. If your diet is very healthy and you stay away from refined foods, sugar and stimulants then take only 1/2 tablet after breakfast.
– Since Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folate) play very important role in dealing with ADHD I recommand getting B complex with a good quality multivitamin-mineral formula which is high in B vitamins. One of my favourite ones is Healthy Mega (HealthAid) as it is not only high in B vitamins and at the same time it contains zinc, selenium, herbs, digestive enzymes, micronutrients, and few super grasses. Compared with other popular formulas Healthy mega may contain even up to 60 times more vitamins per tablet!
Adults may take 1 tablet of Healthy Mega after breakfast, children 1/2 tablet (or less) crushed and mixed with juice after breakfast.
– Hot and cold alternative showers 2 x a day. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! See HYDROTHERAPY
– One of the most powerful remedies against upper respiratory diseases is Hot Foot Bath. Before bed keep your feet in hot water plus very cold compress on forehead and neck and a lot of water to drink as you should sweat a lot. Watch two following VIDEOS:
Please read this extremely important part (LINK) very carefully as it reveals the secret of finding true source of strength necessary to overcome bad habits and will help you to gain a powerful motivation to not only practice but also enjoy the new and very healthy way of life.
– Address the excess stress that weakens your immune system and wore out adrenals. Learn to control stress by exercise, plant based unrefined mostly raw diet, good quality supplements, morning and evening meditation (prayer) and reading the Bible (starting from the Gospel of John). Read about MOTIVATION to learn more about it. From my own experience I know that it is the most effective way to cope with stress including existential fears which are the part of our nature.
– In order to speed up the recovery, it is crucial to implement principles included in HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN
Share this article!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved