WOUNDS, SKIN TEARS, SKIN ULCERS
Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
– Skin tears are acute, traumatic injuries, mostly found in the elderly. They occur principally on the extremities 9especially legs) as a result of friction and shearing forces which separate the principal layers of the skin.
– Diabetes leads to poor blood circulation to the legs and feet and very slow wound healing. Leg and foot ulcers in diabetics have three underlying causes: venous insufficiency, peripheral neuropathy (neurotrophic ulcers), or peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Infections in ulcers often lead to other adverse outcomes. Find out how to treat DIABETES >
– Many lifestyle and nutritional factors may contribute to this condition by damaging valves, weakening walls of the veins, and leading to poor blood circulation. That includes bad diet (refined foods, lack of fibre, sugar, meat, dairy), nutritional deficiencies, free radicals, obesity, smoking and other stimulants, etc.
– Poor venous (vein) tone and elasticity (due to bad diet which is deprived of rutin and bioflavonoids).
– Thick blood caused by bad diet (meat, dairy, milk, sugar, refined products, eggs, bad oils and fats, etc.).
– Poor blood circulation caused by inactivity, dehydration and bad diet.
– Overweight and obesity.
– Dehydration (drinking insufficient amount of water) as it makes blood thicker and causes of impaired blood circulation.
– Failure to have regular exposures to sunlight.
– Deficiency of vitamin D. Vitamin D plays an important role in helping promote relaxation of blood vessels.
– Vitamin C and E deficiency. Both vitamins are antioxidants which help to repair cellular damage in the body including veins. Vitamin E is also known to reduce the spider veins.
– Vitamin K deficiency as it is a procoagulant vitamin.
– Heart problems.
– Eating foods high in sugar.
– Saturated fats (found in meat, dairy products, butter, or margarines).
– Increased estrogen caused by birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy.
– Stimulants, especially smoking.
– Deficiency of antioxidants.
Arginine has been shown to improve wound healing in injured and stressed humans.
Propolis is a resin-like substance bees make by mixing beeswax with sap from trees and a bit of their own saliva. It is used to seal the hive and protect hive against viruses, bacteria, fungus or parasites. Propolis is renowned worldwide for its wide ranging health benefits.
Modern medical research confirms propolis actually can speed up wound healing which is attributed to its ability to improve the regeneration of damaged tissue. According to a 2018 research article, reviewing the composition and functional properties of Propolis, “The presence of bioflavonoids, arginine, vitamin C, provitamin A, B complex along with some minerals possesses wound healing property and therefore enhances injury cure. Instead of individual component, there may be combined action, which leads propolis to have diverse biological performance.” Do not use Propolis if you are allergic to bee products.
When I was living in a small village in Polish mountains sometimes people from other villages asked my college and me to help them with their health problems. And I remember certain lady who developed a horrible pain in one of her legs. Her husband took her to a doctor who prescribed a medication for her but the drug didn’t work and the pain was even stronger. So they came back to the doctor hoping he would prescribe another medication. Unfortunately, the physician had no idea how to help her and said he couldn’t do anything else. Fortunately, after returning home someone in the village told them about us and they immediately sent a messenger to ask us to visit her. When we arrived she told us she was suffering a horrible pain in one of her legs. The whole leg was swollen and pain was so severe that she couldn’t walk nor sleep for three days and nights.
After seeing her leg and knowing the symptoms we realised it was an acute inflammation of the veins (phlebitis) due to poor refined diet, which was high in sugar, pork, animal fat, dairy, white flour products and low in raw vegetables, fresh fruits, and other unrefined plant foods.
Since they were farmers and lived in a village, in the garden they had plenty of very potent fresh organic herbs. So we picked some horse tail herb which is the highest source of mineral silica. When the horse tail herb is dry and when you shake it you can actually hear a kind of faint rustling sound. That’s because it is very high in silica which is extremely important for blood vesicles as it strengthen them, increases their flexibility, and has anti-inflammatory properties. But because horse tail contains a chemical which is called an anti-vitamin B1 factor it is important to take it with vitamin B1. So we told her husband to buy a nutritional yeast tablets which were high in this vitamin.
Apart from that, also in their big rich garden full of potent remedies we dug out a very good quality green clay which is also very high in silica. W boiled it in a big pot with water for about 30 minutes and when it was warm we put a thick clay compress on entire sick leg and rapped it with a cling film and left the compress for 2 hours. And the whole procedure was repeated twice a day.
At the same time we prayed with them asking for God’s blessing and encouraged them to pray and read the Bible every day. We also explained them what was the cause of the problem and encouraged to improve their diet. As a result of the treatment the very next day she was better. In a few days the inflammation was gone and in about two weeks she was completely healthy, free from pain and was able to walk and work again.
It can cause pain and swelling in the leg and may lead to complications such as pulmonary embolism (when a piece of blood clot breaks off into the bloodstream and blocks one of the blood vessels in the lungs).
Charcoal powder mixed with water can be also used externally for oral hygiene, various skin inflammations, insect and snake bites, cuts, wounds, and burns, or mouth, eye and ear infections. Opening a capsule and using charcoal powder and brushing the teeth with it is regarded as very effective for stained teeth.
To make a small external poultice: Open about 5 charcoal capsules (1 teaspoon of activated charcoal powder) and mix it with 1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds or corn starch in 1 tablespoon (or more if required) of very hot water. Stir until blended and cool to room temperature. Place mixture generously on a strip of gauze large enough to cover the area and tape the sides so that the mixture does not leak. Leave for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Silica stimulates the rapid re-growth of damaged skin tissue. It is important for optimal synthesis of collagen and for activating the hydroxylation enzymes, improving strength and elasticity of the skin. Careful analyses of scientific research on silica leads to a clear conclusion that silica is absolutely essential for the body to create and maintain collagen.
Silica has an alkalising effect that is important because poor dietary habits result in creating acidic environment in the body that affects the immune system and contributes to various illness. In addition, silica also supports immune system by helping manufacture antibodies, the special weapon our immune system uses to fight invaders.
Bamboo Extract is the richest known source of silica as it contains 70% organic silica and therefore is significantly more potent source of silica than even horsetail herb, regarded as one of the highest natural sources of this mineral.
In addition to bamboo and horsetail extracts, there are two other forms of silica available on the market: colloidal silica and orthosilic acid.
BLACK SEED (NIGELLA SATIVA)
Some studies suggest that Nigella sativa may be a very useful reduce scars and to prevent their formation on wounds. Black seed oil is also used for skin problems like eczema and psoriasis. It helps soothe inflammation and improve the speed and which skin heals. Nigella sativa contains thymol (found also in thyme essential oil), a natural monoterpene which is commonly used as a medical and general-purpose disinfectant to kill various viruses and bacteria.
COMFREY (SYMPHYTUM OFFICINALE)
Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) is one of the most effective remedies for external use I know and recommended many times often with great results. It is used on the skin to treat wounds, ulcers, and heal bruises as well as pulled muscles and ligaments. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also very effective in regenerating damaged tissues and treating painful conditions such as backaches >.
Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) compress: In order to prepare a Comfrey compress you need to make a strong tea or concoction. Take about 4 tablespoons of comfrey root or leaf and place it in about 1 litre of boiling hot water. Cover it and steep or simmer for at least 30 minutes (simmering will make the tea stronger). Strain, soak a clean cloth or gauze in this strong comfrey water extract (concoction) and apply directly to the affected painful area of the body that need treatment leaving it overnight or at least two hours (the longer the better). Make sure the compress is wet all the time. In order to prevent it from drying cover it with cling film or another material. Do it in the morning and evening or at least once a day until the pain is gone.
You can also try comfrey oil or cream.
Unfortunately, this excellent herb has been demonised and effectively discouraged many from using it even externally due to some biased and controversial animal studies. According to those studies, taken orally, Comfrey is supposed to be toxic to the liver and as a result is no longer sold in many countries except in creams or ointments. Read more about it here >
Castor oil is one of the best kept beauty secrets as it is high in vitamin E, beneficial essential fatty acids and other ingredients that stimulate blood circulation, slow down ageing and nourish skin and hair. It is superb especially for dry and damaged skin and hair. Castor oil also helps to stimulate elastin and collagen, preventing wrinkles, softening and hydrating skin. For external use take one teaspoon or break 3 capsules, mix with olive oil or coconut oil and massage into the skin or roots of your hair at least once a week.
Topically, colloidal silver can reduce swelling, speed up healing, and boosts skin cell recovery. It can be used externally to ﬁght fungal infections and to promote the healing of wounds, cuts, rashes, and sunburns (it soothes the skin and repairs damage). Researchers from the National Institutes of Health found that the inflamed skin of animals treated externally with colloidal silver had almost normal skin after 3 days, while skin of animals that was not treated with colloidal silver remained inflamed. Used externally, colloidal silver can be also very beneficial for psoriasis & eczema.
Chlorella reduces high blood pressure, accelerates wound healing, and lowers cholesterol levels. Chlorella also balances the body’s pH levels, improves digestion, and reduces radioactive damage.
Castor oil is one of the best natural remedies to strengthen the hair. It also has strong antifungal properties and can help to treat certain skin problems. Apply it directly to your hair and skin, cover and leave overnight. In the morning wash your hair with good quality shampoo (free from harmful chemicals) with biotin, sulphur, silica or herbs. Castor oil is also oil also stimulates the production of collagen, which helps to reduce wrinkles.
Castor oil has a low comedogenic score, which means it is unlikely to clog pores in the skin. It reduces the risk of developing blackheads, making it suitable for use on sensitive skin.
Castor oil packs boost immunity
A study published in the Journal of Naturopathic Medicine found that a castor oil pack significantly improved the immune cell count. Just a single 2-hour pack produced a “significant” increase in the number of T-11 lymphocytes! Lymphocytes are defend the body especially against viruses and cancer cells. The study found that castor oil pack increased the T-lymphocyte count for over 7 hours before slowly retreating back to normal levels over a period of 24 hours.
However, castor oil packs shouldn’t be applied on an open wound.
HOW TO MAKE CASTOR OIL PACK
Prepare the following items: Organic cold-pressed Castor oil, natural cloth (wool, flannel, cotton or unbleached pre-washed white t-shirt cut into wide strips and folded so there are at least three layers), plastic (plastic bag, wrap, etc.), electric heating pad or hot water bottle.
Remember that Castor oil will stain fabric so be careful.
– Fold the cloth into a 3 or 4 layer pad which should fit the size of the area to be treated.
– Soak the cloth in cold-pressed castor oil until it is saturated. Pour castor oil over the cloth to saturate it (but not too much to prevent dripping).
– Place the soaked cloth pad on a piece of plastic that is larger than the pad.
– Apply the pad to the skin, with the oily side down and plastic on top.
– Put a thin towel over the plastic and place the hot water bottle or heating pad over it
– Leave the pack for 1-2 hours (not more than 2 hours).
– Relax, read a book, pray, visualize healing process, practice deep breathing, listen to a Bible, relaxing classical music or worship music, or take a nap.
– Repeat 1-2 times a day until recovery or improvement.
– Saturated with castor oil clothe can be kept in the fridge (in a sealed glass jar) and reused after being warmed with electric pad or hot water bottle. If it is not sufficiently saturated it needs to be soaked again. Replace the clothe once a week or when u notice colour changes.
– Be sure to stay well hydrated as it will improve the detoxification effects.
Capsicum, nature’s greatest stimulant, is probably the key active ingredients found in the Cayenne Pepper. Capsicum kills harmful bacteria and prevents infections from sores, burns and injuries. The following quote on cayenne pepper comes from the book “Back to Eden” by Jethro Kloss, regarded as the father of American herbalists, health teacher and inventor of soya milk: “Capsicum (Cayenne Pepper), one of the most wonderful herbal medicines, can be put in an open wound, either fresh or an old ulcer. It is effective as a poultice for sores and wounds or taken internally for rheumatism, inflammation, fevers and pleurisy. It is a stimulant, when taken internally, as well as being an antispasmodic. Good for kidneys, spleen, pancreas, and lockjaw. Will heal a sore, ulcerated stomach. The key to success in therapy is stimulation, and capsicum is the great stimulant! Capsicum, not whiskey, is the thing to do that. It is excellent in the prevention and cure of the common cold and flu, yellow fever, black vomit, decay and putrefaction, gangrene, and cancers! It increases the power of all other agents, helps the digestion, when taken with meals, and arouses all of the secreting organs, and may be given with the utmost safety! Fear of capsicum is unfounded! We’ve used it freely over 1/4 century. It’s a wonderful liniment when used alone as cold pressed extract or mixed with 2 ounces gum myrrh, 1 ounce golden seal and 1/2 ounce ground cayenne pepper. Mix into 1 quart of grain alcohol. Let stand 7 – 10 days, shake every day. Heals wounds, bruises, sprains, scalds, burns, sunburns, and pyorrhea of the gums, skin cancer etc. apply freely.”
2013 Study Abstract: “Neem Oil is of various medicinal uses, such as a contraceptive for intravaginal use, a mosquito repellent, and treatment of vaginal infections, treatment of gastric ulcers, cardiovascular disease, malaria, rheumatism and skin disorders, external applications for treatment of septic wounds, ulcers and boils, treatment of allergic skin reactions, asthma, bruises, colic, conjunctivitis, dysmenorrhoea, fever, gout, headache, itching due to varicella, kidney stones, leukorrhoea, psoriasis, scabies, sprains and muscular pain, and wounds. In conclusion, the plant oil had antifertility, antihyperglycaemic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, antiulcer, estrogenic, immune, contraceptive, antibacterial, insect repellent, and skin treatment effects.” (>)
OTHER EXTERNAL REMEDIES
– Use only soaps, shampoos, cosmetics, deodorant or detergents with harmless natural ingredients. Google “tea tree oil soap”, “natural charcoal soap” or “clay soap”, etc. and you will find some good options.
– You will find relief from itching and pain by taking warm 30 – 60 min baths with goldenseal root, calendula or clay with a few drops of tea tree oil or neem oil.
– Neem oil can be also directly applied to the skin while a few drops of tea tree essential oil must be first mixed with a tablespoon of neem oil or raw organic coconut oil and then applied directly to the skin.
– One of the best essential oils for external use is grapefruit essential oil because like pineapple it is also high in anti-inflammatory bromelain. Grapefruit essential oil can be even more effective when mixed with raw organic coconut oil which nourishes, hydrates, and protects the skin. In order to make the cream mix about 30 drops of grapefruit essential oil with 1 cup of raw organic coconut oil in a glass container (don’t use plastic containers). Rub into the effected skin areas in the morning and before bed.
– Mumio is an excellent remedy for cellulitis as it will nourish and tighten the skin. It will work even better if you combine it with few other ingredients. To make a cream or ointment mix about one teaspoon or 10 tablets of Mumio (freeze Mumio first and grind it in a coffee grinder to make powder) with 10 drops of any citrus essential oil (grapefruit, orange, lemon, etc.), 5 drops (not more) of tea tree essential oil and about 100ml of vegetable glycerine or vaseline or any baby cream (free from harmful additives) in a glass jar (don’t use plastic containers). Keep closed in the fridge. Rub into cellulite in the morning and before bed.
– Amazing healing properties of Clay have been known for centuries in many cultures around the world. Cleopatra used Dead Sea clay twice a week in order to maintain her skin smooth and unblemished. Back in Poland I used and recommended this wonderful remedy externally and internally for many different conditions often with great success. There are different types of clay such as Kaolin Clay (White), Green Clay, Bentonite (Grey/Cream colour), or Rhassoul Clay (Moroccan Red Clay). All of them can be effectively used to detoxify, regenerate and nourish the skin, to eliminate inflammation, or brighten dark areas. Clay mask is also one of the most effective ways to get rid of dark spots and to effectively treat almost any skin problems.
Clay baths should be much more effective than chamomile flowers or anything else. Adding green clay to your baths is one of the most effective methods to reduce itching. Clay is so amazing because apart from having anti-inflammatory properties it is able to absorb all the substances which cause itching. In addition it also provides a soothing effect and can even nourish and regenerate damaged skin. You do not need too much clay in the bath. About 1/2 cup of a green or bentonite clay in a warm bath should be enough.
– Externally you may also try to use raw organic coconut oil, castor oil and vitamin E oil. Avoid cosmetics with harmful chemicals. About external use of coconut oil someone wrote: “Coconut oil has worked wonders for me after I clubbed it with proper diet free from refined flour, fried items, alcohol, citrus fruits. Earlier I have used 777 oil (extract of the herb wrighitia tinctoria mixed with 50% coconut oil). Then it had no effect. With diet control, avoiding above items, there is total healing with only some scars on the legs. Otherwise it was like battlefield all over the body. It is now nearly three months and I am totally free, but I still continue to apply the same with higher coconut oil content so that the skin is smooth”.
SUPPLEMENTS AND HERBAL REMEDIES
– Vitamin D3 is probably the most important supplement as it may have a tremendous influence on strengthening the immune system which is the most important element of treating chronic disease – 20,000 to 30,000 IU for 4 weeks or till recovery. After that 10,000 IU a day (must be with magnesium as it leads to its deficiency). Try to increase the blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D to at least 50 or more ng/ml.
– Magnesium citrate or another well absorbed magnesium: Two times 400mg of Magnesium citrate a day (30-60 min before breakfast and before bed). The more vitamin D3 is used the more magnesium must be taken as D3 leads to magnesium deficiency!
– Zinc: 15-30mg after meals. Zinc is very important! If you decide to take Healthy Mega at the same time you don’t need additional zinc supplementation
– Good probiotic formula (ImmuProbio or ColiProbio by HealthAid would be the most recommended in this case) for 2 months or longer. It is extremely important as lack of beneficial bacteria in intestines is one of the key cause of weak immune system!
– Raw garlic (or at least raw onion) 3 x a day or Garlic Max capsules (as it must contain standardised allicin): 3 x a day 1 caps. with meals until recovery.
– Siberian mixture of fermented garlic and lemon juice: I was given this recipe from my Polish colleague who spent some time in Siberia. It also lowers bad cholesterol and triglycerides, regulates blood sugar level and blood pressure, boosts immune system, and kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, candida, or cancer cells. In order to make this mixture you need two ingredients: fresh juice from 24 lemons and 400 grams of squeezed fresh raw garlic. Place both ingredients in a glass jar and mix them together. Cover the opening of the jar with a clean cloth and live it in a dark cool place for 14 days until the content ferments. After two weeks strain the fermented mixture pouring the liquid into smaller glass jars. Close them with lids and keep the jars in the fridge. Always shake before use and for insomnia take one teaspoon with a half glass of worm water about one hour before going to sleep. After one month of using the mixture take a 7 days break and after that you can start using it again. After using it for 3 months you will need a whole month break. In this way it shouldn’t lose its effectiveness.
– Vitamin C (must be L-ascorbic acid, not Ascorbic acid): 2-3 x 1000mg with meals.
– Golden seal tincture or Bee Propolis: Three times a day between meals with water.
– Methylcobalamin (form of vitamin B12) is another very important remedy which helped many people to get rid of chronic fatigue and problems associated with weak immune system as deficiency of this vitamin is regarded as “rampant” today. > Methylcobalamin (must be sublingual) 2,000 to 3,000 mcg a day under the tongue (only with breakfast) for one month. After 3 months reduce to 1,000 to 2,000 mcg a day (with breakfast). Read very important and interesting article on VITAMIN B12 >
– Hot and cold alternative showers 2 x a day. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! See HYDROTHERAPY >
– One of the most powerful remedies against upper respiratory diseases is Hot Foot Bath >. Before bed keep your feet in hot water plus very cold compress on forehead and neck and a lot of water to drink as you should sweat a lot. Watch this VIDEO >
LIFESTYLE AND NUTRITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS
– Most important aspect of the treatment is lifestyle and diet according to the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN as in this way you will deal with the causes of the problem.
– Until complete recovery avoid everything which weakens immune system: Milk and all dairy products, cheese, pizza, chocolate, traditional ice creams, refined sugar and foods containing sugar, breakfast cereals, high fructose/glucose syrup, antibiotics, stimulants, pessimism, refined foods, white flour products, white rice, etc.
– The only oil to use is raw coconut oil as it can kill bacteria.
– Eat more raw vegetables, cabbage family vegetables, carrots, onion, garlic, etc.
– In case of treatment-resistant cases go on Hallelujah diet for 3-6 months or even longer.
– Stress control and positive thinking is crucial for strong immunity.
– Every day include in your diet the 5 CRITICAL and MOST POWERFUL SUPER FOODS:
- Fresh raw sprouts;
2. Freshwater algae (chlorella, spirulina);
3. Super grasses (barley grass, alfalfa, wheat grass);
4. Fresh cold pressed vegetable juices;
5. Fresh raw organic ground turmeric.