Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
Muscular dystrophy is a group of conditions that cause progressive muscle weakness and various symptoms affecting entire body.
Muscular dystrophy is caused by abnormal gene mutations interfering with the production of proteins required to form healthy muscle tissue and maintain strength and normal function of organs, muscles, bones and joints.
COMPLICATIONS OF PROGRESSIVE MUSCLE WEAKNESS
Shortening of muscles or tendons around joints.
Breathing problems. People with muscular dystrophy may need breathing assistance device, initially at night but possibly also during the day.
Curved spine (scoliosis). Weak muscles may be unable to hold the spine straight.
Swallowing problems if the muscles involved with swallowing are affected.
Heart problems. Muscular dystrophy can reduce the efficiency of the heart muscle.
Although there is no cure for muscular dystrophy yet there are many nutritional supplements, herbal remedies, super foods, exercise, hydrotherapy (water treatments), healthy diet, positive mental attitudes, stress control techniques, etc. that can greatly help manage symptoms, strengthen muscles, increase, energy levels, improve blood circulation and oxygenation, improve quality of life.
Read and use remedies listed in article MUSCLE WEAKNESS & PAIN >
THE BEST MULTIVITAMIN & MINERAL SUPPLEMENT
I was looking for the best possible quality multivitamin with better forms of vitamins and minerals, high in D3, magnesium, and K2 MK7, and finally found one. It is Daily Essentials Multi Vitamin & Mineral by Phoenix Nutrition. Since then, I try to recommend it to others (I don’t have any profit from it). Here is what one of those persons wrote to me today after giving it a try: “Regarding the multivitamins from Phoenix Nutrition, I bought them and have been using for a couple of weeks. The benefits have almost been instant. My energy levels are high and it’s working well. I recommended to a fried and he was asking if children can also use…”
Daily Essentials is a Multi Vitamin and Mineral formula containing effective, therapeutic dosage of active ingredients. Unlike most multi vitamins which contain trace amounts of poorly absorbed ingredients, Daily Essentials uses only chelated minerals and coenzyme vitamins for maximum absorption and bioavailability. Using the coenzyme forms of vitamins B2, B6, B12, and folate, namely Riboflavin 5’phosphate, Pyridoxal 5’phosphate, Methylcobalamin and L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (Methylfolate). The later, methylfolate, is superior to cheap, synthetic folic acid which many people have a genetic inability to convert into the active form.
Look at the forms of vitamins, strength of B vitamins and especially D3, presence of extremely important Vitamin K2 MK7 (without K2 vitamin D leads to dangerous calcification, K1 in Centrum is unable to do it), or presence of equally vital Magnesium in the form of glycinate which is one of the best forms of magnesium (poorly absorbed and cheap magnesium oxide is included in centrum). Vitamin B6 in Daily Essentials is in the form of much better P5P. Instead of the controversial folic acid (found in Centrum) Daily Essentials includes perfectly safe and well-absorbed Methylfolate. It also contains high dose of 500mcg of Methylcobalamin – the best form of B12. Although Methylcobalamin works best when it is put under the tongue, yet even taken orally it is still much more effective than useless tiny amount of 2.4 mcg cyanocobalamin B12 in Centrum.
In addition, Daily Essentials is in the form of a vegetable capsule, suitable for vegetarians, free from excipients (additives): Other Ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule. Centrum, on the other hand, contains dangerous Calcium (leads to calcification of arteries, pineal gland, kidneys, joints, etc.) & generating free radicals Iron (if you need Iron, get it from super foods such as chlorella, spirulina, moringa, barley grass, molasses, etc.), numerous additives and gelatine (made from animal bones).
As far as value for money is concerned, Daily Essentials is very inexpensive (£10 for 180 vegetarian capsules – 2 a day, though you can take 1 a day if you are on a healthy diet), while for Centrum Advance, which I personally would never dare to use due to low quality, you need to pay about £5 for 30 tablets or £10 for a 100 tablets. Therefore, taking into consideration the price, bioavailability, quality and concentration of nutrients, the Daily Essentials seems to be 10-20 times superior to Centrum Advance. Even though Daily Essentials is a 2 a day formula the concentration of nutrients and bioavailability is much higher than that of Centrum which claims to be a one a day multivitamin.
Although it doesn’t say anything about children, yet Daily Essentials is much better for them than any multivitamin recommended for kids, simply because they mostly contain cheap very poor quality ingredients. For children over 12 years old I would suggest 1-2 capsules a day, over 5, one a day, and for 3-5 old, half capsule a day.
KEY VITAMINS & MINERALS
In mentioned above Daily Essentials Multi Vitamin & Mineral you have all key vitamins, minerals and trace elements: Each Serving (2 Capsules) Contains: Vitamin A (Acetate) [5,000 IU] 1,500mcg, Vitamin E (natural succinate) 24mg (32IU), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Hcl) 20mg, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5’Phosphate) 10mg, Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 25mg, Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 20mg, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5’Phosphate) 10mg, Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 500mcg, Biotin (D) 500mcg, Folate (L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) 400mcg, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) [2,000 IU] 50mcg, Vitamin K2 (MK-7) 150mcg, Zinc (as Picolinate) 15mg, Magnesium (as Bisglycinate) 150mg, Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 200mcg, Manganese (Bisglycinate) 5mg, Copper (Bisglycinate) 2mg, Chromium (Picolinate) 50mcg, BioPerine (Black Pepper Extract), 3mg (BioPerine is a natural extract known to significantly improve absorption of various nutrients). Other Ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule.
What I like very much about this formula is that unlike all other multivitamins, it is free from harmful Calcium carbonate and Iron; It is much higher in the most important Vitamin D3 (2000 IU per daily dose); It includes one of the best forms of Magnesium (Bisglycinate) instead of commonly used and poorly absorbed Magnesium Oxide; It contains more than enough Vitamin K2 (in the best form of MK-7 based on fermented Natto) to prevent D3 from leading to calcification; It is high in Biotin (500mcg) – the best beauty and hair-strengthening vitamin; It is high in cognition- & energy-boosting B Vitamins (in much better and more bioavailable forms); and it also contains other key Vitamins and Minerals, also in the best forms. As far as Iodine is concerned, you will get enough by taking mentioned below Chlorella, Spirulina or Kelp. Although Daily Essentials contain much superior form of Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) than cheap Cyanocobalamin, yet this form is much better absorbed when placed under the tongue. For this reason, it is recommended to get sublingual Methylcobalamin and put 1000mcg under the tongue every day after breakfast or 5000mcg once or twice a week.
However, since many people today are very deficient in certain essential nutrients, especially Vitamin D and Magnesium, these nutrients often need to be taken in addition to the amount found in Daily Essentials. In case you decide to use different multivitamin than Daily Essentials, you must always get additional Vitamin D3, Magnesium and K2 as they are very low in them.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): Experts recommend us to take about 4,000-5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily. Don’t take vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) as it is very poorly absorbed. If you are diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency, take 10,000-20,000 IU per day with breakfast for about 1-2 months and after that reduce to 4-5,000 IU. Vitamin D is associated to huge number of health benefits and it is the strongest immune system booster and regulator and deficiency of this vitamin today is rampant. Even in hot parts of the world such as Africa or India majority of people are deficient in vitamin D because they do not expose their uncovered bodies to the sun on a regular basis. Remember to take Magnesium every day as vitamin D without enough magnesium in the body is useless! In addition, taking vitamin D supplements lead to very dangerous magnesium deficiency resulting in sleep problems, muscle cramps, and other symptoms! To maximize the benefits of vitamin D supplementation while also minimizing the potential risk of toxicity and dangerous calcification (to which supplemental vitamin D contributes), vitamin D must be taken with Vitamin K2 (not K1). Vitamin K2 activates the MGP, a protein that helps direct calcium to the right places (bones) and lead calcium away from the undesirable areas (pineal gland, kidneys, joints, colon or arteries) eliminating risk of hypercalcaemia and calcification of these organs. Apart from Vitamin K2 also Magnesium plays crucial role in proper conversion and absorption of Vitamin D. Vitamin K2 MK7 – based on fermented Natto, is the best form of this vitamin.
Magnesium: Take Magnesium of high bioavailability such as magnesium bisglycinate, magnesium chloride oil spray (highly absorbed through the skin), magnesium citrate tablets or magnesium citrate in powder form as it is free from binders and fillers: 150-200mg about 30 min before breakfast and the same amount about 1 hour before bed. Due to soil depletion and refined diet millions suffer from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it. Magnesium deficiency contributes to all health problems and it is almost impossible to detect it because it does not show up in blood tests as only 1% of the body’s magnesium is stored in the blood.
Vitamin B12: Take 1,000-2,000mcg of B12 supplement only in the form of Methylcobalamin (must be sublingual – dissolved under the tongue) every day only after breakfast. Vitamin B12 is the best vitamin to protect nerves from being damaged by high blood sugar levels, toxins, statins and other factors. It is also an excellent energy booster and detoxifier. Deficiency of this vitamin is also very common not only among elderly and vegans but also meat eaters. All vegans, those on Warfarin (causes B12 deficiency), statins, antacids, and people over 60 (they don’t make intrinsic factor required for absorption) should take B12 on a regular basis.
Zinc: One or two time a day take about 5-15 mg of Zinc with meals (most multivitamin-mineral formulas should contain this amount). Make sure your zinc formula includes about 1mg of Copper per every 10mg of zinc. Other minerals and trace elements such as Selenium, Molybdenum, Manganese, etc. you should have in a good multivitamin formula mentioned above.
Note: Avoid Calcium supplements. If you have to take calcium choose only pure calcium citrate powder as it is more organic but never use calcium carbonate as it contributes to many health problems and calcification of various organs and body tissues. The best source of natural Calcium are green leafy vegetables, but not milk or dairy as protein found in this products lead to acidity and osteoporosis. Avoid supplemental Iron as it is a free radical generator. However, if you are deficient in this mineral and suffer from anaemia or heavy menstruation, for some time you may take Iron in the form of Bisglycinate. At the same time take also Alpha Lipoic Acid, an excellent antioxidant which prevents oxidative stress triggered by Iron. However, it is always better to provide body with Ion in a natural form found especially in chlorella, spirulina, moringa, wheat grass, spinach, or black strap molasses. All these super foods are high in this mineral.
MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS
Take the following most powerful antioxidant supplements to slow down ageing process, prolong life, boost energy, protects and strengthen immune system, heart, nervous system and memory, increase fat and sugar metabolism, improve detoxification and liver function, prevent cancer, and more:
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (600-1200mg a day): Effective or very beneficial in reversing nerve damage in the body (especially when combined with sublingual methylcobalamin form of B12) such as peripheral neuropathy (often caused by statins & chronic high blood glucose), diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc. It also helps prevent and treat diabetes, heart damage and cataract. It increases body levels of glutathione and CoQ10, improves skin condition, memory, removes heavy metals from the body and increases energy. Together with Acetyl L-Carnitine reduces sciatic pain caused by a herniated disc, lowers blood pressure and was able to improve vascular function in patients with coronary artery disease.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (1 to 3g per day in divided doses): Like Alpha lipoic acid, it gives many benefits for the brain, nervous system, metabolism, heart, immune system, and blood sugar levels. In one study it imposed a huge energising and rejuvenating effect on ageing rats, and can do the same for ageing humans. It is even more effective when combined with Alpha lipoic acid and CoQ10.
Two Antioxidants that Made Old Rats Younger: According to a study conducted at the University of California, Berkeley, Research Institute, Alpha Lipoic Acid together with Acetyl L-carnitine were able to impose a huge energising and rejuvenating effect on ageing rats, and might do the same for ageing humans. A team of scientists led by Bruce N. Ames, professor of molecular and cell biology at UC Berkeley, supplemented old rats with ALA and Acetyl-L-carnitine. As a result, not only the memory of the rats was significantly improved, but they also had much more energy. According to Professor Ames, “With the two supplements together, these old rats got up and did the Macarena. The brain looked better, they were full of energy – everything we looked at looks more like a young animal!” Also another scientist associated with the same study, Professor Tory M. Hagen, suggested that they actually observed “a reversal in loss of memory” and “a dual-track improvement which was significant and unique that is really starting to explode and move out of the realm of basic research into people. We significantly reversed the decline in overall activity typical of aged rats to what you see in a middle-aged to young adult rat. This is equivalent to making an 80-year-old individual act as middle-aged person!“
NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) (500 to 1000mg a day): One experienced physician, who recommended this powerful antioxidant to his patients, wrote that “in certain cases, this supplement can make the difference between life and death.”
Coenzyme Q10 (30-300mg a day with meals): Extremely important especially for the heart health and heart function. You must take 100-200mg per day if you are on statins as this drug causes huge deficiency of CoQ10! Deficiency of CoQ10 and Magnesium leads to heart failure and eventually to heart attack.
Glutathione: Often consume foods which increase levels of Glutathione (king of all antioxidants): Asparagus, Okra, Garlic, Onions, Rice bran, Mangosteen, Chlorella, fresh Dandelion leaves and fresh Nettle leaves (rinsed with very hot water to prevent stinging), Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Maca, Turmeric, Lentils, Parsley leaves, Collard greens, Kale, Brazil nuts, Mustard greens, Radish, Turnip, Watercress, Bok Choy, Rosemary, Berries, Avocado, Peaches, Watermelon, Beets, etc. Keep in mind that cooking (heating) reduces the glutathione content of vegetables by 30-60%! Canning is even worse as it almost completely destroys glutathione!
CAUTION: Since nutritional supplements and herbs may interact with medication, consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime. Also, never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this book.
Ashwaganda: Chronic stress, adrenal fatigue, hormonal imbalance in both men and women, lack of physical and mental energy, poor memory and other cognitive issues, sexual problems, infertility, etc.
CBD Oil (Cannabis Oil): Cancer, autism, pain, epilepsy, seizures, anti-inflammatory, muscle spasms, IBS, colitis and IBD, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, mood disorders, anxiety, high blood pressure, etc.
Ginkgo Biloba: Poor blood circulation in brain, legs and hands, cold feet and hands, poor memory, aged people, heart problems, oxygenates brain cells, erectile dysfunction (improves blood circulation in penis), low mood, etc.
Holy Basil (Tulsi): Anxiety, low mood, irritability, detox, sleep problems, insomnia, etc.
Hops: Irritability, nervousness, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, cancer, digestive problems, sex addictions, etc.
Maca Root: hormonal imbalance, low energy and testosterone levels, promotes stamina & physical endurance, etc.
Rhodiola: Adrenal fatigue, stress, energy, fatigue, memory, concentration, sexual health, etc.
Star Flower Oil and Evening Primrose Oil: Menopause, PMS, candida, nervous system, immunity, etc.
5-HTP (the best form of amino acid L-tryptophan): Low mood, depression, anxiety, migraine, etc. Boosts serotonin levels as tryptophan is the precursor of this most important in our body “happy” hormone and antidepressant. Take 50-100mg with breakfast and before bed.
MSM (form of sulphur): Arthritis, detox, hair, skin, immunity, cancer, etc.
Mumio: Indigestion, gas, bloating, inflammation, immunity, hair, colon, skin, etc.
Probiotics: Colitis, gas, diarrhoea, constipation, colorectal cancer, leaky gut, inflammatory bowel diseases, autoimmune conditions, depression, anxiety, lactose intolerance, diverticulitis, allergies, weak immune system
Magnesium Chloride oil spray.
EFFECTIVE WATER TREATMENTS
Alternative (contrast) hot and cold showers will give a tremendous boost to the blood circulation, improve metabolism, the elimination of toxins, and stimulate both the nervous and the immune system. Always start with hot shower and after about 3–5 minutes (when your body is warm enough) take a 1-3 min cold shower, slowly reducing the temperature until it is as cold as possible. After that, repeat this procedure alternating the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 1-3 times in a row. You can also take a hot bath (or sauna) and rub entire body with a towel dipped in a very cold or icy water every 1-3 minutes. If you need to stay in a hot bath for a longer time, you must apply cold compress to your forehead and neck. Remember to drink plenty of water before during and after water treatments. The more you sweat the more water you need to drink (urine colour should be pale).
CAUTION! Consult your primary healthcare physician before these treatments if suffer from any heart problems or other serious chronic conditions. If you are a diabetic use thermometer or ask someone to check the temperature as diabetics have lower sensitivity to heat and may burn themselves.
Super Foods are the most vital element of an effective recovery plan so do your best to remember about them every day.
Super Greens: Every day, about 30 minutes before breakfast, take 1-2 full tablespoons of mixture of super greens that should include some or all of the following (organic) powders: Chlorella, Spirulina, Barley grass, Wheat grass, Alfalfa, Moringa, Turmeric, Bee Pollen, and Maca (most important among them are Chlorella and Spirulina, plus either Barley grass or Wheat grass). You may also buy them separately and mix at home. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture with warm water or a vegetable juice (the only good fruit juice you can use is a 100% grapefruit juice) about 30 minutes before breakfast. If you don’t like powders or taste of the mixture you can have about 10-20 tablets (500mg each) of chlorella and 10-20 tablets of organic spirulina every day about 30 minutes before breakfast with 1-2 glasses of water, fresh vegetable juice or a smoothie. Super greens are excellent sources of best quality protein, chlorophyll, natural iron, iodine, EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and trace elements that are often missing in commercially grown foods. Chlorella, Spirulina, Wheat grass (it’s gluten-free), and barley grass powder, like cold-pressed vegetable juices and raw vegetables, should be the most important and always present ingredients of your diet! The above mentioned super foods can be taken two times a day but most important is to consume them before breakfast. If you take them before or instead of the second main meal (probably not later than 2pm) make sure you don’t do it too late as chlorophyll is a powerful energy booster and in case of some individuals it may make it more difficult to fall asleep.
Omega 3: In order to make sure your intake of Omega-3 is sufficient, every day consume Chlorella and Spirulina because they contain both the animal (DHA/EPA) and plant based (ALA) omega 3 fatty acids. In addition, unlike fish oils, they are not contaminated with heavy metals (If you use omega 3 fish oil make sure it comes from molecularly distilled oil). In addition, take also one or two tablespoons of soaked (for at least 30 min. in water, plant milk or juice) Chia seeds and fresh ground Flaxseed with your meal. Both are the highest plant sources of ALA omega 3 fatty acids which in our body should be converted into DHA and EPA (if our body makes the required for the conversion enzyme).
Sprouts: Every day, or often, eat fresh raw (not cooked) Sprouts (alfalfa sprouts, watercress sprouts, sunflower sprouts, etc.). Please keep in mind that some of them, such as bean sprouts, shouldn’t be consumed raw as they may contain irritating substances which are deactivated by cooking. Without it they may trigger a severe indigestion including heartburn. You must always steam them or cover them and fry for a short time (use lower temperature to avoid overheating them and destroying some of their healing properties). Make sure you always wash sprouts with warm water.
Bee Pollen: Some claim that it is the only perfect food on earth.
Probiotics from Raw Sauerkraut: Make your own home-made raw Sauerkraut (don’t buy it as it is heated) and have at least 1-2 tablespoons with meal every day as it is the highest natural source of extremely beneficial Probiotic Bacteria you desperately need in your intestines. Alternatively, you may take a good probiotic formula. But make sure it contains live bacteria that are stomach acid- & bile-resistant as majority of probiotic supplements and yogurts on the market contain dead bacteria or bacteria that are not able to survive in the stomach. Raw home-made sauerkraut was analysed in the lab and it was found that in just a cup of it there were literally about ten trillion probiotic bacteria! That means a half cup of home fermented raw sauerkraut contains more probiotics than a whole bottle of the best and very expensive probiotic supplement! Unfortunately, most of the commercial sauerkrauts are pasteurised (heated), which means they are either completely deprived of live probiotic bacteria or are too low in them to be a good source of probiotics. Also probiotic count of store-bought, shelf stable sauerkraut does not compare to the raw home-brewed sauerkraut. Most yogurts are also deprived of live probiotics. In sauerkraut, the predominant bacteria strain that’s born during the fermentation phase is especially Lactobacillus plantarum. When you eat sauerkraut the large part of the probiotic bacteria from ingested sauerkraut will survive stomach acid and 30–40% of them will rich the intestines to greatly benefit your immune system, mood, nervous system, colon and general health. TO MAKE RAW SAUERKRAUT AT HOME: Wash a stone or a glass jar with hot water and dry it. Make sure it’s clean. Wash your hands. Shred a medium cabbage (white or red or both) and one washed carrot. If you want to make more sauerkraut shred 2 or more cabbages and remember to proportionally increase other ingredients. Add 1 teaspoon of pink salt, Celtic salt or sea salt (2 teaspoons for a large cabbage). If you add too much salt it will slow down the fermentation process as salt preserves food. Add a tablespoon of each of the following seasoning (at least 3 of them, but the more you add the more health benefits you may expect): Ginger, Garlic, Onion, Juniper berries, Caraway seeds, Dill, Oregano, Fennel seeds, Coriander seeds, and one teaspoon of Cayenne pepper. Mix all ingredients together. Before putting the mixture in the jar pound it for about 10 minutes until the cabbage releases juices. Place it in a mason jar and press down firmly (very important!) until the juices come at the top of the cabbage. Cover tightly and leave at room temperature for 2-3 weeks before moving it to the refrigerator. Although the fermentation process will last and the optimum amount of probiotic bacteria will be reached after 2 to 3 weeks yet you can start consuming it after one week (about 1-3 tablespoons a day). Kept in the fridge the sauerkraut will be preserve for months. Consume your sauerkraut raw as cooking will kill probiotics it contains. It is important to remember that if the jar is stored in an environment which is too warm, the sauerkraut to form the wrong consistency, can get too acidic too early the lactobacillus get in on the action early leading to soft sauerkraut. Although the finished sauerkraut is too acidic for pathogenic bacteria and fungi to live in, fungal spores may settle during the process if the temperature or other factors are not right spoiling the sauerkraut.
Fresh Raw Vegetable Juices are the key element of the most effective diet in the world – the Hallelujah Diet. Drink 2 times a day 2 glasses of cold-pressed Vegetable Juice (mostly carrots, beets, and dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale) about 30 minutes before each meal, then start you meal with most healthy and nutritious foods. It is even better to have them with 1 tablespoon of organic chlorella or spirulina, alfalfa, barley grass, etc. If your intention is only to maintain your health drink 2 to 3 times 1 glass. But in case you want to treat different health problems you need to have 2 glasses 3 to 4 times a day. Fresh raw vegetable juices contain much higher concentration of nutrients than raw vegetable salads or smoothies as vegetables are high in fibre while juices are deprived of it. Therefore, one glass of carrot juice will contain all the nutrients found in approximately one kilo of raw carrots and those nutrients are easy and quickly assimilated by the body. Dr. Kirschner treated his patients, who often suffered from so called ‘incurable diseases’, with fresh vegetable juices for over 50 years with excellent outcomes. As a result of drinking mostly vegetable juices many people recovered from various cancers, cardio vascular diseases, leukaemia, arthritis, eyesight problems, depression, skin problems, diabetes, haemorrhoids, kidney disease, obesity and many other diseases and health-related problems. There are many places where vegetable juices are used to treat different disorders. One of them is the Gerson Hospital in Mexico where patients recover from terminal cancers as a result of being on plant-based diet and drinking eight glasses of carrot juice every day. You can make juice from any fresh vegetables, but the ones which are recommended to use most often are carrots and green leafy vegetables as they contain a lot of chlorophyll. The chemical structure chlorophyll is very similar to the human blood component – haemoglobin. According to the Science Newsletter in over one thousand recorded cases chlorophyll has been effective in fighting various infections, chronic sinusitis, common colds and many other problems. The most popular and recommended vegetables for juicing are the following: Carrot, Green leafy vegetables (Kale, Spinach, Watercress, etc.), Celery, Beet, Turnip, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Sweet Peppers, Parsley, Chard, Beet greens, etc. Dr. Kirschner also recommended adding some other ingredients to the vegetable juices such as Spirulina, Alfalfa, Turmeric, young Dandelion or Nettle leafs, Mint, Comfrey, and other herbs. If you don’t like the taste of vegetable juice and have to mix it with a fruit juice try to use apples. Normally vegetables shouldn’t be mixed with fruits at one meal as together they may cause some fermentations and small indigestion but apples are believed to be the only fruit which can be used with vegetables.
According to the concept introduced by Dr. H. E. Kirschner, in order to get today proper amount of minerals and vitamins from vegetables we would have to consume them in too big amounts. For this reason he proposed drinking raw vegetable juices simply because they are much higher in essential minerals. Also Dr. Walker encourages to drink raw vegetable juices by stating that the harmful toxins present today in vegetables remain mostly in the pulp. By the way, it was after Dr. Walker became very ill (in his early 50s) that he totally changed his diet and became a raw vegetarian. As a result he not only recovered from all health problems, but he managed to live almost 120 years! Another reason our diet should include more vegetable juices than raw vegetables is our insufficient ability to digest and break down the cellular structure of raw vegetables, and assimilate their nutrients. In addition, it is believed that we also use huge amounts of energy to digest raw vegetables, thus, by drinking raw juices we may omit this process and feel better by saving a lot of energy. Fibre is very important in case of fruits because it greatly slows down digestion of sugar, but in case of vegetables it is much less important as they are significantly lower in sugar. That is why fruits should be consumed with the pulp. Apart from that, fibre itself contains no significant nutritional value and is only the carrier of the nutrients. Also because vegetable juice is deprived of fibre, the percentage of nutrients able to reach the cellular level raises from 30 to even 90 per cent! In addition, the nutrients from the juice reach our cells almost immediately after it is consumed. Nevertheless, because we still need fibre our diet should include some raw vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds and nuts. Seeds and nuts are important also because they are usually relatively high in omega 3 fatty acid. Vegetable juices provide our body with much higher amount of nutrients than raw vegetables. For example, in order to make a glass of carrot juice we have to use one pound of carrots. But, because during the process of digestion and assimilation of raw vegetables we are able to absorb much less nutrients than from a juice, it means that to get equal amount of nutrients which is found in this one glass of juice we would have to consume at least two or even three pounds of raw carrots! The problem is, though, that nobody is able to eat that amount at one meal, and even if we tried we would still lose 60 to 70 per cent of the nutrients during the digestive process. This example also shows that just one glass of vegetable juice contains the amount of nutrients which is found in all the raw vegetables people usually consume in a week and some even in a whole month! However, in order to make a juice which would be fully beneficial to your health you can’t use a blender but a cold pressed and low speed juicers such as Hurom slow vertical juicers which make juice surprisingly quickly and without heating or oxidizing it, and destroying enzymes and vitamins. It is possible by keeping a really low RPM rate of around 70-80. But in spite of that, they can squeeze the ingredients until nothing is left apart from dry pulp. The secret of incredible health benefits of vegetable juices squeezed in slow juicers is that they allow to preserve enzymes alive for up to 48 hours. Apart from that, tests done in the Michelson Laboratories Inc. and the Korean Food Research Institute revealed that slow juicers are able to extract over 40% more Vitamin C, and over 60% more Vitamin A than traditional juicers.
– Your diet must include variety of unrefined plant products such as vegetables (mostly raw and steamed), fresh fruits, well-cooked legumes (pulses, beans), whole grains, and unroasted seeds and nuts. After all, this was the original diet which the Creator of this world gave us in the beginning: “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it” (Genesis 1:29). That original diet included fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, legumes, and seeds. Human digestive system seems fit for this diet as the length of our digestive tract is 12-14 times our shoulder-to-hip trunk length, the same as fruit-eating animals.
– You can eat as much fresh and raw vegetables as you want (especially carrots, green leafy vegetables, and cabbage family), but if you prefer to cook them do it moderately or steam your vegetables. You will achieve much better results if your diet consists of at least 50% or even better up to 85% of raw (uncooked) and unprocessed plant foods (especially raw vegetables and raw vegetable juices).
– Include in your diet well-cooked wholegrain products, especially barley, millet, oats, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth.
– Instead of cow’s milk and dairy use plant-based milk substitutes and products such as unsweetened coconut milk, oat milk, almond milk, organic soya milk (make sure is non-GMO), organic Tofu, etc.
– Make soaked overnight and cooked pulses (beans, lentils, chick peas, etc.) your best source of protein.
– Each day have about a handful of one type of raw unsalted and unroasted soaked overnight in clean filtered water nuts or seeds (almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, ground sesame seeds, etc.), changing them often.
– It is better to not eat any sweet and flavoured yogurts (especially based on cow’s milk) because of fat, dangerous animal protein, and often high sugar content. Instead, from time to time have some unsweetened coconut or organic soy yogurt and mix it with sweet fruits, seeds (or nuts), oat bran or another good source of fibre, and add some raisins, dates, or a little bit of raw honey, stevia or xylitol.
EAT LESS OR AVOID
– Never consume so called “unclean animals” which the Creator forbade to consume (Leviticus 11) as they were designed to clean the environment and for this reason are high in toxins. Examples of unclean meat include pig (pork), camel, hare, snakes, any seafood that doesn’t have fins such as eel, shellfish (crustaceans) including shrimp, crab, lobster, prawns, crayfish, krill and barnacles as well as snails, slugs, clams, mussels, scallops, oysters, etc. are prohibited in the Bible. Among birds, eagles, vultures, kites, ravens, ostriches, seagulls and owls are forbidden.
– Also any meat or foods containing blood has been forbidden by God (Genesis 9:4). The same law was repeated in the New Testament (Acts 15:20).
– Never use any animal fat (especially lard as it is high in toxins) and avoid also unhealthy free plant fats such as refined oils or margarines. Instead use only moderate amounts of cold pressed coconut oil or flax seed oil.
– Try to significantly reduce consumption of all foods that come from animals (meat, dairy, fish, etc.) or if possible switch to a totally plant-based (or at least mostly plant-based) unrefined diet eliminating the intake of all animal-based foods (dairy, meat products, and fish) as they contain too much protein, are packed with high-risk factors (cholesterol, triglycerides, dioxins, heavy metals, antibiotics, bacteria, virus, cancer cells, prions, etc.) and because they don’t contain fibre. According to Professor Colin Campbell author of the bestselling book China Study, “The more you substitute plant foods for animal foods, the healthier you are likely to be.” The same scientist considers “veganism to be the ideal diet.” If you only reduce the consumption of animal products you may not see the positive results quickly which may lead to discouragement and resignation. However, when you decide to make radical changes in your diet and lifestyle you will see the positive results much quicker and thus gain stronger motivation to keep on following this excellent and optimal plan.
– If you are unable to eliminate animal foods from your diet make sure they make less than 20% or even better 10% of your diet and come from grass-fed animals, farm chickens (not free-range).
– Never use refined salt but only Celtic salt, sea salt or Himalayan salt.
– Avoid foods containing refined sugar as it spoils your appetite, weakens your immune system and leads to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Don’t consume sweetened beverages and foods which are high in empty calories, refined sugar, white flour, and fat. Never use artificial sweeteners nor high glucose / high fructose syrup as they are more harmful than even refined sugar. Avoid drinking fruit juices because they have high glycaemic index due to the fact that they are deprived of fibre and are high in sugar. Drinking fruit juices between meals will also cause stomach to release some digestive enzymes thus reducing their amounts during meals and impairing digestion. Don’t eat overripe or unripe fruits, and avoid canned, fried, or frozen fruits.
– In case you have a sweet tooth try to substitute the unhealthy products with fresh and dried fruits (dates, raisins, figs, prunes, etc.). If you miss traditional dairy ice creams, which are very unhealthy, make your own delicious and healthy ice creams by blending frozen bananas or other frozen fruits. You can experiment adding some raw honey (or sweeten the ice cream with raw honey, xylitol or stevia), coconut cream, lemon juice, plant-based milk, a little bit of carob powder, ground cashew or other nuts to improve the flavour.
OTHER DIETARY PRINCIPLES
– Always eat good breakfast and avoid skipping it as otherwise you will be tempted to snack between meals and eat more in the evening which is unhealthy and dangerous because the metabolism at night slows down. Make breakfast the largest meal while supper the lightest.
– Try to have only two meals a day with the second one not later than at 6:00 pm (if possible) remembering that any food consumed after 6 pm will tend to be stored as fat. If you must have the supper make it very light (only either vegetables or fruits). Vegetable juice would be the best option.
– Don’t eat between meals. If you are hungry drink warm water (or unsweetened herb teas) as it reduces appetite for at least 30 minutes.
– Avoid cooking and frying with any oil but if you really need it, use only coconut oil. Bake your food without any fat and then add some raw organic coconut oil or cold pressed flax oil if you wish.
– Avoid mayonnaise, pickled foods, vinegar, ketchup, mustard, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, pepper (black or red), cheese, soy sauce, baking soda, baking powder, or refined salt, because they tend to stimulate appetite and irritate the stomach and nervous system.
– Do not keep any junk refined foods at home as the accessibility to junk food encourage people to eat it.
– If possible you can try to fast one day each week from breakfast to breakfast, or skip one or two meals (not breakfast) one day a week as it will allow your digestive organs to rest and improve their functioning.
– Avoid eating fruits and vegetables at the same meal as it may lead to fermentation.
– Don’t eat fruits after meals to avoid fermentation. Much better time to consume them is about 30 minutes before meals as they are digested much quicker.
– Include uncooked (raw) carrots, green leafy vegetables, beets, cabbages, cauliflowers and other vegetables in your diet as they are low in calories, but high in fibre and essential nutrients. In this way your body will stop craving for more food in between meals as it will have enough nutrients. Raw cabbage reduces the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
– Before cooking vegetables always first boil water alone (for about 2 minutes), then add vegetables, lower the heat cover and simmer for about 10 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring once in a while. In this way before placing vegetables into water you remove oxygen from it and may save up to 20 times more vitamin C (according to Earl Mindell). Unfortunately, the longer you cook them the less vitamins you will have. It is better to use steam or pressure cooker.
– Avoid overeating: In order to reduce appetite: Learn to control stress; Remember to drink 2 glasses of warm water between meals 3 times a day; 30 minutes before each meal drink 1 glass of cold pressed vegetable juice mixed with 1 or 2 teaspoons of spirulina or barley grass powder; Pray before each meal thanking God for the food and asking with faith for His strength to stop eating when you really should; Start each meal consuming big portion of fresh and raw vegetables; Always eat very slowly taking small bites and chewing food to a cream before swallowing. Doing this you will feel satisfied before eating too much.
– Find good vegan recipes. The best are found on Hallelujah Diet website (or book Hallelujah Diet).
– Avoid stimulants such as alcohol, caffeine (in coffee, guarana, chocolate, green tea, cola drinks, etc.), theophylline (in tea) or and theobromine (in cacao and chocolate) because although they appear to give you a short time energy boost yet it is only a borrowed energy, which means sooner or later you will have to pay for it with the loss of energy. And, as soon as you feel exhausted it will force you to use stimulants again and again thus causing a vicious circle and addiction. Apart from that, stimulants also weaken your immune system and lead to nutritional deficiencies and may contribute to depression and other health problems. Don’t believe media promoting coffee and chocolate as beneficial for our health as those claims are based on biased studies sponsored by coffee and chocolate industry.
– As soon as you wake up in the morning, drink 2-3 glasses of water and exercise for at least 30 minutes. Brisk walking outside is the best exercise. In order to enable healthy diet to be more effectively used by your body you need to exercise on a regular basis. If you suffer from different heart conditions you shouldn’t start with energetic exercise routine. In this case you need to change the diet first, keep in touch with your physician, continue taking your prescribed medication, and after some time start from short distance and slow walking routine, gradually and carefully increasing the pace and distance every day. Fast walking outside is the best type of exercise. If the weather is bad exercise at home. You can use exercise bike, mate, treadmill, Xbox Kinect, etc., but aerobic exercises (outside in the open air) are the best. You need a minimum of 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity four to five times a week. The most effective form of exercise is known as HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).
REST & SLEEP
– Every seventh day of each week take one whole day of rest, according to the given by God fourth Commandment (found in the Bible): “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you are to labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. You are not to do any work—neither you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your livestock, nor any foreigner who lives among you— because the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything that is in them in six days. Then he rested on the seventh day. Therefore, the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.” (Exodus 20:8-11) According to the Encyclopaedia Britannica, “Sabbath is the day of holiness and rest observed from sunset on Friday to sunset of the following day (Saturday)”. In the New Testament this Commandment was never changed neither by Jesus Christ nor the Apostles. In fact, first Christians (both Jewish and pagan) kept Sabbath holy according to the fourth Commandment until fourth century when Constantin the Great supported by raising power of the papal Rome, issued a decree forcing Christians to observe the first day of the week – Sunday. However, throughout centuries there were always groups of believers who were blessed by resting on each holy day Sabbath according to God’s perpetual Commandment. Today the largest Christian denomination known to keep the Sabbath is the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
– Try to Sleep 7 to 9 hours each night and if possible go to bed before 10 pm because the more you sleep before midnight the more efficient your rest will be.
BEST WATER TO DRINK
– Drink 3 times a day about 2-3 glasses of water (distilled or at least filtered) about 30 to 60 minutes before each meal or about 2 hours after. During hot days you need even more. Your urine should be transparent, if it is yellow it means you don’t drink enough water. Don’t drink unfiltered tap water or water stored in plastic containers. Tap water contains dangerous toxins such as fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals, antibiotics, estradiol, dioxins, etc. Water stored in plastic containers is contaminated with hundreds of harmful chemicals from plastic. Here is the recent evidence how dangerous both tap and bottled water can be today: “A powerful form of oestrogen called estradiol (100 times more powerful than natural oestrogens) is causing half the male fish in our (UK) rivers to change sex, research shows! Experts believe the hormone can get into drinking water and affect hormones.” The best and most economical way to get perfectly clean water is by filtering tap water using inexpensive water distillers as they not only remove all toxins but also very harmful inorganic calcium carbonate. As far as filters are concerned, reverse osmosis filters are regarded as most effective. The water you drink should be as low in minerals as possible (soft water) because minerals in hard water are inorganic and are not beneficial but harmful, especially calcium carbonate which contributes to kidney stones, heart attacks, arthritis or constipation. For this reason the best water to drink is distilled water as it is free from calcium and other inorganic minerals as well as all contaminants. Water distillers are inexpensive and you can purchase the on eBay for about £50. Before drinking distilled water add a pinch of sea salt or Himalayan (pink) salt.
– At home use a strong light imitating sunlight. Whenever possible, expose your uncovered body to the sun, especially during summer season between 10 am and 2 pm (15-30 minutes front and 15-30 minutes back at least 3 times a week) as sun rays transform your body cholesterol into vitamin D which is extremely vital for your health, detoxify your body, boost immunity, increase serotonin levels, improve mood, lower cholesterol, normalise blood pressure and glucose levels, etc. Don’t take a shower after sunbathing (especially with soap) for as long as possible. Wash only armpits and intimate places. If you can’t do that you must take vitamin D supplements as deficiency of this vitamin is very dangerous. There is no scientific proof sun causes skin cancer. The opposite is true as the closer we get to the equator the lower the prevalence of skin cancer.
CONTACT WITH NATURE
– Spend time in nature as often as possible. In the beautiful book Ministry of Healing Ellen G. White wrote that, “The sick, shut within four walls, look out on houses and pavements, with perhaps not even a glimpse of blue sky or sunshine, of grass or flower or tree. Shut up in this way, they brood over their suffering and sorrow, and become a prey to their own sad thoughts. The pure air, the glad sunshine, the flowers and trees, and outdoor exercise amid these surroundings, are health- and life-giving. Outdoor life is the only remedy that many need. It has a wonderful power to heal diseases caused by the excitements and excesses of fashionable life, a life that weakens and destroys the powers of body, mind, and soul. How glad would they be to sit in the open air, rejoice in the sunshine, and breathe the fragrance of tree and flower.”
– Try to find a support group or an individual person that might be able to support you in your efforts to recover.
– Taking care of others, helping people in need, going for a walk, enjoying life and the beauty of nature is very effective in improving mood.
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.