NAUSEA, TRAVEL (MOTION) SICKNESS
Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
It is caused by the vomiting centre of the brain which receives and reacts to messages sent from other parts of the body or brain, including stomach and intestines, brain, anxiety and fear, smell and pain, inner ear, which sends messages of motion sickness, vertigo or dizziness to the brain when the messages from the eyes don’t match those of the inner ear.
Causes of nausea may include: Food poisoning, Motion sickness, Morning sickness during pregnancy >, Overeating, Flu symptoms, Kidney or liver stones, Migraine headaches, Drinking too much alcohol, Ingestion of toxins, Neurological changes in the brain, etc.
Motion sickness occurs when the brain receives conflicting messages from the inner ears, eyes, and other parts of the body in response to motion, most often during some kind of travel. Effects may vary from mild nausea to severe distress and incapacitation.
– Ginger can be more effective than Dramamine for motion sickness and nausea, with the added benefit of not causing side effects such as drowsiness. Take 2 capsules of powdered ginger about 30 minutes before travel.
– Many people successfully use activated charcoal to calm nausea.
– During pregnancy one of the key causes of nausea can be molybdenum deficiency as this trace mineral is very important in eliminating nitrates from the body. Without molybdenum nitrates cant be removed and trigger nausea.
– Antihistamines such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and cyclizine (Marezine) are usually recommended for motion sickness but they they can be unpleasantly sedating and cause other side effects. It is therefore much better to try first natural antihistamines in the form of supplements that are free from side effects. One of the best formulas with antyhistamines is Allergforte by HealthAid as it contains quercetin, pine bark extract and other important ingredients effective in lowering histamine levels.
– TravelProbio Capsules contain a probiotic blend of Lactobacillus, acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus bulgaricus; fortified with a prebiotic (FOS). It is designed to help build the body’s resistance before and during travel by maintaining the balance of a healthy intestinal flora. HealthAid uses special acid & bile resistant strains, which prevent the stomach juices destroying the ingredients before they reach the intestines, ensuring their purity and potency.
– Read also HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN >
Share this article to save lives and bring relief to the suffering!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved