Written by Slawomir Gromadzki, MPH
Nasal polyps are soft, painless, noncancerous growths on the lining of the nasal passages or/and sinuses.
Since nasal polyps tend to block normal airflow and fluid drainage they can lead to complications including sleep problems, irritability, fatigue, compromised immune system, etc.
They usually appear as a result of chronic inflammation involving nasal cavities and sinuses and may be associated with chronic sinusitis and other chronic upper respiratory infection, asthma, allergies, drug sensitivities and autoimmune conditions.
t seems that a long-term irritation and swelling (inflammation) of the lining of the nasal cavities and sinuses leads to polyps but we don’t yet fully understand what really causes nasal polyps and why some people with chronic upper respiratory inflammations develop them and others don’t.
There’s some evidence that the development of polyps has something to do with abnormal immune responses as people with polyps have different immune system responses and different chemical markers in their mucous membranes than do those who don’t develop polyps. We know that various abnormalities in the functioning of the immune system are caused by high levels of toxins, chronic stress and poor mental health, deficiency of vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, selenium, and antioxidants, unhealthy high in sugar and animal foods diet, allergies, lack of exercise, as well as other factors.
In order to reduce the risk of developing reoccurring nasal polyps after treatment try to implement the following:
– Improve the function of your immune system >
– Address allergies > and asthma >
– Prevent or recover from chronic sinusitis > and bronchitis >
– Make sure you drink enough properly filtered or distilled water (2-3 glasses 3 times daily) to avoid dehydration of the mucosal lining in your nasal cavities and sinuses.
– Avoid nasal irritants including cigarette smoke, airborne toxins, and chemical fumes such as air fresheners, deodorants, etc. that are likely to contribute to swelling or irritation in the nose and sinuses,
– Avoid allergens such as gluten.
– Using a humidifier may help moisten nasal passages and sinuses helping prevent blockages and inflammations.
In order to treat already developed polyps you can use the following (apart from implementing the above-listed principles):
– Apply bee propolis cream to your nasal polyps as often as possible starting from a very small amount and waiting 24 hours to check if you are not allergic to bee products.
– Do daily inhalations (using herbs such as chamomile or essential oils)
– Sinus rinse (Nasal rinse). Irrigating the nose with saline solution (saltwater) may help soothe sinusitis and inflammation. First make a Saline Solution: Mix 1/5 teaspoon of sea salt or other salts in a 1/4 glass of boiled warm, distilled water and add a 1/5 teaspoon of baking soda. Bend over a sink and sniff a bit of solution into one nostril at a time, allowing it to drain back out through the nose or mouth; do this twice a day.
– Steam your sinuses. Breathing steam refreshes and soothes irritated sinuses, and it helps rid the nasal passages of bacteria and mucus. Boil one litre of water with herbs (chamomile, sage, calendula, mint, etc.). Lean carefully over the bowl or pot, and drape a towel over your head. Breathe gently for 10 minutes or longer two times a day. When you’re finished breathing steam, use the water for a hot compress on your sinuses: Saturate a washcloth in hot water, and hold the cloth on your sinuses (to the sides of your nose).
– Hot and cold alternative showers 2 x a day. See HYDROTHERAPY > Every day in the morning and evening you must take alternative hot and cold showers as it is one of the best ways to boost your immunity and weaken any virus. In addition, it will improve circulation, elimination of toxins and will stimulate the nervous system. Start with hot shower, and after about 5 minutes when your body is warm enough take a short (3 min) cold shower slowly reducing the temperature. Then alternate the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 5-7 times in a row. Before using this treatment consult your physician first if you have any chronic health conditions especially if they are associated with the heart. Find out more about HYDROTHERAPY >
– One of the most powerful remedies against upper respiratory diseases is Hot Foot Bath. Before bed keep your feet in hot water plus very cold compress on forehead and neck and a lot of water to drink as you should sweat a lot. VIDEO >
– Vitamin D3 >: 20,000 IU after breakfast every day until recovery (not longer than 1 month). After that 5000-10,000 IU a day. (Must be with Magnesium as if you are deficient in this mineral Vitamin D is useless. In addition, Vitamin D will lead to magnesium deficiency, sleep problems, etc.). Take also 200mcg of K2 MK7 as this vitamin prevents vitamin D from leading to calcification. Recently researchers investigated and compared data from 25 studies on vitamin D that involved 10,000 people to explore the effect of vitamin D in preventing cold, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. Their conclusion suggests vitamin D supplementation was very beneficial in preventing respiratory tract infections. According to the NHS new guidelines on vitamin D, everyone should consider taking vitamin D supplements during the winter months: “… The advice is to consider taking vitamin D supplements because it is difficult to get enough from food alone.”
– Magnesium plays an important role in proper conversion and absorption of vitamin D. Therefore, in cases where large doses of vitamin D3 don’t seem to work the true problem is magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is necessary to activate all the enzymes that metabolize Vitamin D. Magnesium deficiency causes vitamin D to be stored and inactive.
– Zinc: 20 to 30mg a day after breakfast (should be with Selenium and Copper). Zinc required for the strong immune system. In a zinc-deficient body immune system is not able to overcome viral infection. Deficiency can cause the gastrointestinal system to malfunction (for example, without zinc proteins can’t be properly digested), so foods aren’t completely digested. These food particles can then be absorbed into the bloodstream where the body misidentifies them as antigens and then produces antibodies against them weakening the immune system.
– Selenium (100-200mcg daily with a meal) boosts immunity and helps defend viral and bacterial infections, autoimmune diseases and allergies.
– Take quality Probiotic formula such as ImmuProbio for to 2-4 months, or eat raw home-made sauerkraut every day, as inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases are linked to the deficiency of the probiotic bacteria in the gut.
– Goldenseal tincture: 3 x 1 teaspoon between meals with water.
– Propolis >. Due to its proven anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties Propolis can help prevent and shorten the duration of common respiratory diseases such as flu or cold. In one study regular daily doses of propolis were given to a group of school children during the cold season. As a result, the children treated with propolis had significantly fewer colds with acute or chronic symptoms. According to the results of another trial, the group of adults on propolis extract became free of cold symptoms two and a half times faster than the control group. It was reported that Propolis improves the cellular immune response by increasing mRNA for interferon-γ and activating the production of cytokines.
– Ginger can kill viruses, bacteria, and yeasts according to numerous cellular studies. It not only soothes a sore throat but can kill rhinoviruses (the cause of most colds) and stimulates the immune system by increasing body temperature. Ginger also prevents the accumulation of toxins that make you susceptible to viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
– Garlic: Studies have demonstrated that garlic helps reduce the risk of flu or clods and may reduce the severity of symptoms. One study gave 146 volunteers either garlic supplements or a placebo for three months. The garlic group had a 63% lower risk of getting a cold, and their colds were also 70% shorter. Another study also concluded that colds were on average 60% shorter for subjects on garlic, compared to a placebo group. Their colds were also less severe.
– Siberian mixture of fermented garlic and lemon juice: I was given this recipe from my Polish colleague who spent some time in Siberia. It also lowers bad cholesterol and triglycerides, regulates blood sugar level and blood pressure, boosts the immune system, and kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, candida, or cancer cells. In order to make this mixture, you need two ingredients: fresh juice from 24 lemons and 400 grams of squeezed fresh raw garlic. Place both ingredients in a glass jar and mix them together. Cover the opening of the jar with a clean cloth and live it in a dark cool place for 14 days until the content ferments. After two weeks strain the fermented mixture pouring the liquid into smaller glass jars. Close them with lids and keep the jars in the fridge. Always shake before use and for insomnia take one teaspoon with a half glass of warm water about one hour before going to sleep. After one month of using the mixture take a 7 days break and after that you can start using it again. After using it for 3 months you will need a whole month break. In this way, it shouldn’t lose its effectiveness.
– Cat’s Claw (bark and root) have been used by South Americans to treat conditions including inflammations, infections, cancers, fevers, stomach ulcers, digestive problems, or dysentery. Cat’s claw has also antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties (including HIV), and can help get rid of herpes. This powerful herbal remedy is used to treat digestive problems such as ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, or colitis.
– Astragalus extract is regarded now as an energy and immune system booster. A 2012 study displayed its ability to control T-helper cells 1 and 2, essentially regulating the body’s immune responses. As a result of taking astragalus extract, the macrophages and the natural killer cells of the immune system have a markedly enhanced ability to fight intruders, including viruses, five- to six-fold!. It looks like no other herb can be a more effective immune system stimulator than astragalus. According to Dr Randy Horwitz, Medical Director at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, “Astragalus has been found to have both antiviral and immune-enhancing properties. Research shows that the 50 or so different compounds in astragalus work by stimulating immune cells, such as T-cells, phagocytes, and macrophages, to fight off disease. In Asia, it’s even given to cancer patients.” Astragalus – Like zinc, selenium, and vitamin D does not only makes the immune system stronger but it also modulates immunity helping prevent leukocytes from attacking own body and reducing symptoms of inflammation as well as various autoimmune diseases.
– Compounds found in Olive leaves kill pathogens and don’t allow viruses to cause an infection and replicate. According to a study conducted at the New York University School of Medicine, olive leaf extracts reversed many HIV-1 infection-associated changes (>).
– Quercetin: Helps protect against influenza virus as it has been known to have antiviral benefits; Helps reduce inflammation and symptoms cold & flu.
– Oregano oil contains two compounds, carvacrol and thymol, that have powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is the carvacrol that treats viral infections, as well as allergies, cancers, parasites and inflammations. There are over 800 studies that give evidence about the amazing health benefits of carvacrol.
– Chlorella > and Spirulina > are very beneficial in AIDS and HIV infections and are effective in treating other viral infections such as hepatitis C. Scientists treated patients who suffered from chronic hepatitis C with Chlorella. After 3 months of treating patients with relatively small doses of Chlorella researchers discovered that the condition of 70% of the patients significantly improved.
– The most important aspect of successful treatment is lifestyle and diet according to the recommendations listed in the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN > Please study it carefully and do your best to use the remedies and implement all the principles. If you manage to do it you will recover from this problem.
NUTRITIONAL AND LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
– Don’t use stimulants such as caffeine products or alcohol.
– Learn to control stress and always think positive! Never think negative and get rid of anxiety and fear as all negative feelings have a very bad effect on the immune system and increase chances of developing diseases triggered by viral infections! In the beautiful book „Ministry of Healing” Ellen G. White wrote that, “The sick, shut within four walls, look out on houses and pavements, with perhaps not even a glimpse of blue sky or sunshine, of grass or flower or tree. Shut up in this way, they brood over their suffering and sorrow and become prey to their own sad thoughts. The pure air, the glad sunshine, the flowers and trees, and outdoor exercise amid these surroundings, are health- and life-giving. Outdoor life is the only remedy that many need. It has a wonderful power to heal diseases caused by the excitements and excesses of fashionable life, a life that weakens and destroys the powers of body, mind, and soul. How glad would they be to sit in the open air, rejoice in the sunshine, and breathe the fragrance of tree and flower! There are life-giving properties in the balsam of the pine, in the fragrance of the cedar and the fir, and other trees also have properties that are health restoring. In nature may always be found something to divert the attention of the sick from themselves and direct their thoughts to God. The beauty of nature leads them to think of the heavenly home, where there will be nothing to mar the loveliness, nothing to taint or destroy, nothing to cause disease or death.”
– Increase Serotonin! We know that serotonin is very important in fighting depression, fatigue, or insomnia. Serotonin is the “feel-good” hormone and neurotransmitter which helps us regulate moods and use good judgement. Unfortunately, the older we get the less serotonin we tend to produce. Dr. Carolyn Meltzer’s research has demonstrated that with age serotonin receptors decrease by over 50%. People who struggle with overweight, obesity, and depression, those who commit serious crime as well as people who commit suicide have a very low level of this extremely important hormone. Unfortunately, if you don’t have enough serotonin or when the number of serotonin receptors is low then it leads to depression. Serotonin deficiency can be caused by sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activity), insufficient light during the day, refined and low in nutrients diet, use of stimulants (alcohol, nicotine, coffee, tea, cola drinks, chocolate and other caffeine products), or insufficient amount of sleep.
– Exercise in the morning outside to boost serotonin!
– Increase consumption of foods high in Tryptophan (to boost serotonin): 5-HTP, cooked organic soybeans, organic Tofu, beans, lentils, ground sesame, tahini, hummus, etc.
– Light therapy. Expose your body to sunlight whenever it is possible or use strong light imitating sunlight.
– Go to sleep as early as possible. Try to sleep at least seven or eight hours a day.
– Avoid foods with refined sugar as it makes leukocytes behave like drunken soldiers. Also, white flour products weaken the immune system because they are quickly converted to sugar. Instead of sugar and other harmful sweeteners you can use xylitol, erythritol, stevia or organic raw honey in moderation.
– Avoid all artificial sweeteners! Artificial sweeteners can usually be identified by many different names such as sucralose, saccharin, or aspartame (Splenda, Equal, Sweet n Low). There are almost a hundred side effects listed by the FDA, including depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, memory loss, nerve cell damage, Alzheimer’s, migraines, reproductive disorders, brain lesions, weight gain, food cravings, seizures and more.”
– Avoid high glucose/fructose syrup (HFCS).
– Avoid monosodium glutamate (MSG).
– Do not consume Agave syrup since as it is almost all fructose. Your blood sugar will spike just as it would if you were consuming regular sugar or HFCS. Agave’s rise in popularity is due to a great marketing campaign, but any health benefits present in the original agave plant are processed out.
– Switch to a well-balanced plant-based and unrefined diet with plenty of raw vegetable juices and raw vegetable salads.
– The only oil to use is raw organic coconut oil as it can kill virus and bacteria.
– Avoid or significantly reduce consumption of cheese, pizza meat, bad fats & dairy. They weaken the immune system and are mucus-producing making symptoms worse.
SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF TREATMENT
– Learn to control stress, depression and anxiety by positive thinking, frequent smiling and laughter exercises, taking care of others, helping people in need, going for a walk, enjoying life and the beauty of nature. In this way you will boost good hormones, program cells to live longer, build new strong neural pathways, greatly reduce the number of free radicals, and greatly boost your immune system. As a result those smart and intelligent tiny soldiers (leukocytes) will protect and fight for you with HIV like Kamikazes.
Unfortunately, from experience, we know that for most of us it is very difficult and often even impossible to control stress, overcome fear, anxiety and depression, or to become a positive thinking person simply because those negative emotions and fears are so deeply rooted and even seem to be a part of our nature. Sometimes we even feel like slaves of those negative attitudes and bad emotions.
And that is the very reason I included on my website a very special, unique and even most important section called EMPOWERMENT >. So please read it carefully and then study also another article – the GOSPEL OF FREEDOM >, which is even more significant as it reveals the secret of finding the only source of true inward peace which according to Apostle Paul “surpasses all knowledge” and which can “guard (protect) our hearts and minds (emotions)”. Combined with true strong faith this message will lead you to freedom from negative emotions such as anxiety or existential fears (one of the key source of deadly free radicals). It will also empower you with moral strength necessary to overcome long-cultivated bad habits or addictions, often impossible for us to defeat on our own. Finally, this unique and most wonderful Good News of the Gospel will also give you new strength and a powerful motivation to not only practice but also enjoy the new and very healthy way of life.
Share this article!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved