Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
– Cirrhosis develops when normal (healthy) tissue of the liver is replaced with the scar tissue. It happens when the healthy liver cells are damaged due to toxic overload, viral infections (hepatitis), bad diet, medications, frequent use of stimulants such as alcohol, etc.
The scar tissue gradually makes the liver more lumpy and hard leading to liver failure which usually requires liver transplant.
The liver carries out several necessary functions, including making and storing vital chemicals, detoxifying harmful substances, etc. Hepatitis and Cirrhosis of the liver often has no signs or symptoms until liver damage is extensive. When signs and symptoms do occur, they may include the following:
– Jaundice (Yellow discolouration in the skin and eyes )
– Decreased liver function leads to fluid accumulation in abdomen and legs (oedema) caused by deficiency of albumins and other proteins
– Itchy skin due to toxins deposited in the skin
– Bleeding and bruising easily due to deficiency of proteins required for blood clotting
– Loss of appetite
– Fatigue and weakness
– Drowsiness and slurred speech (hepatic encephalopathy)
– Hepatitis is a condition characterised by inflammation of the liver. It is usually caused by viral infection. Hepatitis C is the most common type of viral hepatitis. The next most common is hepatitis B. Hepatitis D can only be the result of hepatitis B. Hepatitis can be also caused by heavy alcohol use, certain medications or medical conditions, stimulants, bad diet high in unhealthy fat and refined sugar, etc. There are several different types of hepatitis including Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E, Alcoholic hepatitis, and Autoimmune Hepatitis. Some types of hepatitis may pass without serious problems, while others are chronic (chronic) leading to a dangerous liver damage (cirrhosis), loss of liver function and, in some cases, liver cancer.
– Fatty liver disease is caused by the build-up of fat in the liver. Regular alcohol consumption may lead to this problem but it may happen even if you don’t drink alcohol as a result of diet high in bad fat, sugar, fructose, chronic high blood sugar levels, metabolic syndrome, overweight, high blood cholesterol and triglycerides in your blood, or high blood pressure.
The following conditions and factors may contribute to this process and degradation of the liver:
– Alcoholism. However, alcoholism is not the most common cause of this condition.
– Nutritional deficiencies and lack of antioxidants also greatly contribute to liver problems.
– Prescribed drugs or prolonged exposure to environmental toxins leading to toxic hepatitis
– Metabolic diseases such as alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency, galactosemia and glycogen storage disorders
– Autoimmune hepatitis. Read about autoimmune diseases >
– Hemochromatosis or Wilson disease (copper accumulated in the liver)
– Biliary cirrhosis
– Heart failure with liver congestion
– Iron build-up in the body (hemochromatosis)
– Cystic fibrosis
– Poorly formed bile ducts (biliary atresia)
– Inherited disorders of sugar metabolism (galactosemia or glycogen storage disease)
– Genetic digestive disorder (Alagille syndrome)
OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES
– Vitamin D3 deficiency. There is a growing amount of research which suggests that a lack of vitamin D could be an important factor contributing to any inflammation including hepatitis, weakness of the immune system and its inability to overcome viral infections as well as autoimmune problems. Almost every person in England is deficient in vitamin D which is very important also for human nervous and immune system. Read more about vitamin D
Interestingly, a 2009 study indicated that 92% of people who developed muscle damage from statins (myositis-myalgia) were able to reverse this side effect with vitamin D supplementation. In other words, taking a supplement of vitamin D may help correct liver damage caused by statins. Perhaps other drug side effects can be helped by vitamin D.
– Magnesium, Zinc, and Selenium deficiency.
– Toxins: Mercury (from dental fillings, tap water, fish, flu shots, etc.) lead, fluoride, and other toxins.
– Stress, anxiety and depression. A number of published papers have shown that stress and negative emotions contribute to inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases.
– Consumption of trans fats, margarine and bad oils (high in pro-inflammatory omega 6) and deficiency of omega 3 healthy fats high in foods such as Flax seed, Chia seed, etc..
– Bad lifestyle, unhealthy diet high in sugar, processed refined foods, nutritional deficiencies, artificial sweeteners, lack of exercise, stimulants, drugs, medication.
– Consumption of meat and dairy (especially heated) products.
– Gluten and heated animal protein (found especially in dairy) may also stimulate human immune system to turn against own body and trigger an autoimmune reaction leading to autoimmune hepatitis.
– The most important aspect of successful treatment is lifestyle and diet according to the recommendations listed in the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN > Please study it carefully and do your best to use the remedies and implement all the principles. If you manage to do it you will recover from this problem.
HERBAL REMEDIES & SUPPLEMENTS
– Boost Glutathione levels which is a most powerful of all antioxidants and strengthens the immune system and is one of the most effective remedies against inflammations . It boosts body’s ability to modulate and regulate the immune system. It is also important to provide body with ingredients that increase glutathione production in the liver by taking turmeric, milk thistle, L-cysteine or NAC (N-acetyl cysteine), Alpha Lipoic Acid, bilberry, vitamin C, asparagus, broccoli, peaches, avocado, spinach, garlic, squash, grapefruit.
Read about all the best methods to increase GLUTATHIONE >
Researchers have demonstrated that Chlorella and Spirulina are effective in treating hepatitis C infections! The scientists treated patients who suffered from chronic hepatitis C with Chlorella. After 3 months of treating patients with relatively small doses of Chlorella the researchers discovered that the condition of 70% of the patients significantly improved.
In addition, the immune system of the patents treated with Chlorella was stronger and almost 80% of them reported increased energy levels. The scientists also noted that the chlorella didn’t cause any negative side effects.
READ MORE ABOUT AMAZING CHLORELLA > & SPIRULINA >
A similar positive results were achieved by another group of scientists who treated patients with hepatitis C virus for six months with either Spirulina or Silymarin (an active ingredient found in Milk thistle) with no negative side effects. The researchers noted that according to the study, which was published in 2012, Spirulina was slightly more effective than Milk thistle.
Petri dish and animal studies suggested that the algae, chlorella, could affect natural killer cell activity, but there was no direct evidence for the effect of chlorella supplementation on such a response in humans, until this randomized double-blind placebo controlled trial gave people about two teaspoons of chlorella a day for eight weeks, and compared to placebo, they got a significant increase in natural killer cell activities.
Does this actually translate, though, into clinical benefits? We didn’t know until now. The efficacy of chlorella supplementation in adults with chronic hepatitis C infection. It is estimated that up to four million people in the U.S. have chronic hepatitis C virus infection, the leading cause of liver transplants, and estimated to kill a quarter million Americans this decade. The current treatment is costly and brutal, costing up to $85,000, and nearly half can’t even complete the treatment, due in part to the many complications associated with the treatment. So that’s why there’s such a need for novel treatment options.
– Herbs that are very helpful in treating hepatitis and other liver problems include Pau d’Arco, nettle, dandelion root, licorice root, burdock root, milk thistle, turmeric, red clover, gentian root, goldenseal, and olive leaf extract.
– Bee Propolis seems to do wonders for the liver and, like garlic, it is also famous for its powerful anti-viral properties and therefore may be very beneficial in both hepatitis (caused by viral infection) and cirrhosis as it also helps to regenerate liver tissue.
– Garlic is a good natural remedy for hepatitis and liver damage: “In a 2011 issue of “Indian Journal of Experimental Biology,” researchers fed rats a lead compound for seven days and then gauged the amount of liver injury induced. They then gave the rats a water extract of fresh garlic, which reduced the amount of liver damage. They theorized that this was due to garlic’s antioxidant capabilities. Antioxidants hunt down and disable unstable oxygen molecules that cause cellular damage. In another animal study, scientists used alcohol to induce liver injury in rats and then gave them black garlic extract, which increased antioxidant liver enzymes. It also reduced DNA damage to white immune blood cells called lymphocytes, as reported in a 2011 issue of “Journal of Medicinal Food.” More human studies need to be completed before garlic can be recommended as a therapy for liver disease.” (source >)
– Evening primrose oil or Star flower oil (a least 1000 mg a day). Both are best sources of GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) – a fatty acid which promotes healthy nervous system, immune system, skin, hair and nails.
– Take good quality omega 3 fish oil supplements (molecularly distilled and therefore perfectly free from mercury and other contaminants): 1000 mg 2 times a day with meals. I recommand this one also because it is high in both EPA and DHA (DHA omega 3 is more important in improving brain function while EPA in coping with inflammation). Research has confirmed that omega-3 fatty acids can improve the symptoms of ADHD more effectively than drugs. If you don’t want to use a molecularly distilled omega 3 fish oil it’s much better to use high in DHA omega 3 oil from algae (expensive) and not from fish as unlike fish oils, the algae-derived omega 3, is free from toxins that may be present in some low quality fish oils. In case you prefer to avoid swallowing gelatine capsule pierce or cut the omega 3 capsule and squeeze it into a meal or liquid.
– Zinc (helps produce thyroid hormone) – 30 to 50mg a day after breakfast. Zinc deficiency can cause gastrointestinal system to malfunction (for example, without zinc proteins can’t be properly digested), so foods aren’t completely digested. These food particles can then be absorbed into bloodstream where body misidentifies them as antigens and then produces antibodies against them. Also gluten can lead to a similar problem.
– Take good quality probiotic formulas as inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases are linked with the deficiency of the probiotic bacteria in the gut.
– You must take Vitamin D3 because almost all patients suffering from inflammations (including hepatitis) and autoimmune diseases are deficient in Vitamin D! While using vitamin D3 supplements always remember to take also well absorbed magnesium (such as citrate) as vitamin D supplements will not benefit you at all if you are deficient in magnesium. In addition, supplemental vitamin D will gradually lead to magnesium deficiency over time, sleep problems, muscle cramps, etc. Take at least 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day with breakfast. But since deficiency of this vitamin is so widespread (especially in the UK) it would be better to take 20,000 to 30,000 IU a day with meals with appropriate doses of magnesium (200mg twice daily). Another requirement for proper absorption of vitamin D is 200 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (Derived from Natural Natto) a day to prevent calcification. Read more about vitamin D >
– Magnesium citrate powder or another well-absorbed magnesium (orotate, bisglycinate, etc.): 2 times a day 200-300 mg between meals. The more vitamin D3 is used the more magnesium must be taken as D3 leads to magnesium deficiency. However for people with kidney and liver problems the best form of magnesium is colloidal as it is almost completely absorbed into the blood. Read more about Magnesium >
– Vitamin B12: 1,000 to 2,000 mcg a day under the tongue (must be sublingual Methylcobalamin!). Many people with inflammations, weak immune system and autoimmune diseases have low levels of this most important vitamin. Read a fascinating article on B12 >
– Taking selenium supplements and increasing consumption of foods high in selenium (Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, mushrooms, garlic, onions, etc.).
– Good quality Multivitamin-mineral formula or Vitamin B-complex: 1 tablet after breakfast. Please do not buy cheap formulas as their potency is very low and they contain only short list of inorganic ingredients. It must be a good quality formula such as VM75 (Solgar), VM-2000, Healthy Mega, or Special Two (NOW Foods) which are an excellent multi-vitamin and mineral formulas fortified with alfalfa powder, rutin, citrus bioflavonoids, bromelain, herbs, digestive enzymes and many other super nutrients. If your diet is very healthy and you stay away from refined foods, sugar and stimulants then take only 1/2 tablet after breakfast.
– Since Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folate) play very important role in dealing with autoimmune diseases I recommand getting B complex with a good quality multivitamin-mineral formula which is high in B vitamins. One of my favourite ones is Healthy Mega (HealthAid) as it is not only high in B vitamins and at the same time it contains zinc, selenium, herbs, digestive enzymes, micronutrients, and few super grasses. Compared with other popular formulas Healthy Mega may contain even up to 60 times more vitamins per tablet (see the picture below)!
Adults may take 1 tablet of Healthy Mega after breakfast, children 1/2 tablet (or less) crushed and mixed with juice after breakfast.
– Nothing works better in controlling pain than hydrotherapy (water treatments) such as alternative hot and cold showers or compresses and charcoal poultices on the effected area.
Death Is Not An Option
The following is an interview Hallelujah Acres conducted with Rev. Irene Hamill, whose amazing story of recovery from a staggering number of life-threatening diseases is nothing short of miraculous.
Hallelujah Acres: How does your story begin?
Irene: This all started in 1988 when I fell three stories. I was a contractor and I fell through a hole in a floor. I survived that but had to wear a leg brace for seven years. I was put on pain medications, one after another, until they began attacking my liver.
As if that wasn’t enough, about 17 years ago I had survived a train wreck; it was at this point that I knew I had to do something about all of my medications because my liver was getting worse.
At the time, I was working in a print shop (that’s where I met my future husband, Roy) and I had gone for a liver biopsy. I had hepatitis-C, which gave me cirrhosis of the liver, which triggered lots of other things. The medication I sustained throughout the years had injured my body to the point that medicine was killing me.
I can’t tell you the number of pills I swallowed over the years!
Hallelujah Acres: How did Roy support you during this time?
Irene: Up to this point I had never met anyone like Roy. He was very supportive and cared for me genuinely. He loved my animals, he loved my kids, and was very attentive. He didn’t drink, and that was a major thing for me because I was trying to get healthy. I was drinking a lot of water when I got off my medication. I was living a different lifestyle but still struggling with my liver problems.
Hallelujah Acres: When did all of this come to a head?
Irene: I finally went to a doctor to see why my liver problems were still happening and he told me that I had a year or two to live. My eyes locked with his and time just stopped. I didn’t know if I was going to hit the floor or how I was going to absorb the shock of his statement that I had liver cancer.
When we came out of the doctor’s office into the hallway, all of my emotions came out at once. I slammed the wall with my fist so hard that I made a dent in the drywall. I kept saying “I’m not going to die, I’m not going to die!”
Roy grabbed my hand and looked right into my eyes and said, “Look at me; death is no option – we’re going to do what we have to and you are not going to die!”
Later on I went to my primary care doctor and went to a liver doctor where I got a biopsy that confirmed I had cirrhosis. They put on 3 million cc’s of interferon every three days for 6 months, enough for a 300-pound man; it was in a shot that I had to give myself. I went down to 89 pounds. I laid on the couch for 6 months. I couldn’t even open my eyes.
My hair fell out. I was so sick. I was a mess. I couldn’t eat or do anything.
Hallelujah Acres: Did you have any other health problems at the time?
Irene: All the physical stress of the situation caused me to have multiple strokes and heart attacks — I can’t tell you how many hospitals I was in and out of. Meanwhile I was trusting the doctors but I wasn’t getting better. I reached out to God but didn’t know what to do.
Hallelujah Acres: How many medications were you taking?
I was on 17 medications and was practically bed-ridden for 3 years.
Irene: During the worst of it, I was on 17 medications and was practically bed-ridden for 3 years; I only got up to go to the bathroom. I couldn’t even get myself in and out of the tub; worse yet, I couldn’t even bear to have anyone help me because I ached so badly from fibromyalgia. I had candida, too. Sores covered my body. I was even diagnosed with full blown multiple sclerosis.
Hallelujah Acres: How bad did it get? What was your low point?
Irene: On November 8, 2008 I told Roy, “It’s time; I need to go to the hospital. I’m really dying, Roy. This is it.” His eyes welled up and his voice cracked; but as much as it killed him to hear those words, he still supported me. He did what I asked and helped me down the stairs.
I made some phone calls. I called my kids to say good-bye. My last call was to my daughter Lindie. Before I could even finish my good-byes, she said, “Mom, I’m on my way. She came all the way from New Mexico.
Hallelujah Acres: What happened then?
Irene: I went to Tampa General where I sat in triage for 16 hours. I had seizures, I passed out; I felt like I was almost finished. They took my blood and determined that I had leaky gut syndrome and that I needed a liver transplant. The young doctor who cared for me was so positive – he was determined to save my life. He left the room to admit me, but when he came back, he had the saddest face. He had tears rolling down his face when he told me that they couldn’t admit me.
I looked at him, nodded, and told him that I would be OK. He hugged me and was so beside himself that all he could do was walk away. At that point, I thought for sure God had something else in mind. I just had this feeling that God was going to heal me. I didn’t know how or who He was going to send.
Roy: When we came home from the hospital, I was just praying for a miracle because nothing else had worked. We didn’t have insurance so they wouldn’t even perform any tests. I hadn’t given up, but I didn’t know what else to do. But when we got home, there was Lindie. And she had an idea.
Hallelujah Acres: Was Lindie the one who introduced you to The Hallelujah Diet?
Irene: A decade prior, Lindie had seen Hallelujah Acres products in a health food store. She went online to check it out, tried it, and had great success with her uterine cancer — it literally saved her life! She was even bitten by a snake once but never experienced any ill effects because of all the juicing she was doing. Knowing what it did for her, she put me on The Hallelujah Diet.
Hallelujah Acres: How soon did you start seeing indications that you might be getting well?
There was no question that I was dying, but today I’m not.
Irene: Within 3 days of Lindie helping me get off of my meds and on The Hallelujah Diet I started to see a difference.
Roy: The very first day on The Hallelujah Diet, Irene started getting color back in her face and in her hands. She started looking better than she had in years — in just the first day!
Irene: I remember seeing the first indication in my lips. They had been completely blue, but in just a few short days on The Hallelujah Diet, the color came back. My nausea went away, too. Within days I began to heal. And today I know I’m completely well!
My clothing proves it. I used to have to wear loose shirts because just the sense of clothing on my skin made me nauseous. My husband couldn’t touch me, literally, for years! I also wore loose shirts because my body was swelling due to renal failure.
There was no question that I was dying, but today I’m not. I have no symptoms at all! Not even headaches – everything I was experiencing has disappeared. Today Hallelujah Acres products are the only thing I take to stay well.
Roy: A few months later, I began having hope that maybe this could really be our answer. It was. Today Irene looks better than when I met her!
Irene: Just three or four months after I started on The Hallelujah Diet, I got up and painted my porch and inside of my house. I did all of that after being in bed for years!
Hallelujah Acres: What kept you going? What was the turning point?
Roy: Irene’s belief in God kept her going when everything else was pretty bad. I can’t tell you the number of times we went to the hospital. I had prayed for a miracle because it was the only thing left.
When Lindie came here with her Hallelujah Diet message, that was the miracle.
But it took me a while before I could actually accept the fact that I wouldn’t have to check on Irene every morning to make sure she was still alive. So many times, before Lindie arrived, I had to check to see if she was even breathing. But ever since Irene changed her diet and started taking Hallelujah Acres products, she’s just gotten better and better. And I made sure that she didn’t cheat!
Hallelujah Acres: Are you both on The Hallelujah Diet?
Irene: Roy had never been on The Hallelujah Diet like I had, but he’s on it now — because he had a heart attack just a few weeks ago! Ever since the heart attack he’s changed his diet and I juice for him. I tell him, just like he told me, “death is no option!”
Roy: After seeing how well The Hallelujah Diet worked for Irene, I have no hesitation trying it myself.
Hallelujah Acres: What do other people think of your recovery?
Irene: My friends are beside themselves when they see me. I couldn’t even tie my shoes before; I couldn’t bend down. I couldn’t clean my house – nothing! I tell people everywhere I go about Hallelujah Acres. I’m spreading the word on Facebook, too! There are people on my Facebook page that really need help. That’s my church! I work out of my home doing counseling and volunteering for various causes.
I want to save the world, I really do! I tell everybody about Hallelujah Acres everywhere I go. In fact, there’s a fellow at Publix who wants me to send my photos to his wife because she can’t believe how well I’m doing.
I’m celebrating life! I’ve been sick for so long but now I don’t even take aspirin. I was getting seizures and heart attacks – it was unbelievable. I was over 200 pounds and sick, and now I’m 120 pounds and very healthy (I’m exactly 5 feet tall).
I don’t even get headaches any more! Hallelujah – I don’t know what else to say!
By Agatha M. Thrash, M.D.
Hepatitis C is a serious liver disease caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) which is found in the blood of persons who have this disease. This form of hepatitis is much more likely than Hepatitis A to progress to chronic active hepatitis and eventually cirrhosis or possibly cancer of the liver. It is most often spread by contaminated blood products being introduced into the body, either from blood transfusions, accidental sticking with needles, or sharing needles by drug-users. Sexual contact, either heterosexual or homosexual, can also be a mode of infection. Not everybody who gets hepatitis C, not even all of those who get some scarring in the liver, have a lot of difficulty with hepatitis C. Unfortunately there is no way to predict at the outset which person may be more likely to have severe liver damage and which will receive no damage at all.
Not everybody who gets hepatitis C, not even all of those who get some scarring in the liver, have a lot of difficulty with hepatitis C. Unfortunately we have no way to predict at the outset which one may be more likely to have severe liver damage and which will receive no damage at all. There are several things that will be very helpful for you with hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C is difficult to treat, but we use hydrotherapy, exercise, a totally vegetarian diet with nothing between meals, and no free fats or free sugars but adequate numbers of nuts and seeds, whole grains, and beans. Breakfast should consist of fruit and whole grains and lunch should consist of vegetables and whole grains. Either meal should have nuts, seeds, or legumes.
Maintain proper nourishment using a totally vegetarian diet, principally consisting of fruits and whole grains with adequate amounts of nuts and seeds, and beans.
Breakfast should consist of fruit and whole grains, and lunch should consist of vegetables and whole grains. Either meal should also have nuts, seeds, or legumes. Do not overeat or anything else that will put a burden on the liver. Use no more than three dishes at a meal.
Take flaxseed daily (two tablespoons freshly ground each morning on cereal or at lunch sprinkled on salads or rice, etc.).
Avoid free fats and oils, as in margarine and salad oils. Also avoid heavy protein foods, even though vegetable in origin, and all free sugars. Do not use spices, vinegar, baking soda, baking powder, caffeinated beverages, or alcohol.
You should also be taking high-potency lecithin (get it from Twinlabs)—50% phosphatidyl choline—1 teaspoon per day.
We also advise that individuals with Hepatitis C take certain herbal remedies such as Silymarin and ginkgo. Take the silymarin, derived from the milk thistle, one cup of tea or two capsules three or four times a day. In chronic active cases, it should be continued indefinitely.
Japanese clinicians have used glycyrrhizin, an extract of licorice, for over 20 years in hepatitis with good results. Since the extract is not currently available in the U.S., licorice tea may be used. Caution: Long-term use may cause salt and fluid retention, and increased blood pressure. It should be used with caution in people with hypertension; and probably should be used only two weeks of the month in those with normal pressure.
Phyllanthus urinaria increased antibodies from 51% to 89% over a three-month period in one study. It is believed this herb can be of help in hepatitis.—Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine 126(4):350;1995.
Astragalus root, licorice root, and turmeric are all good herbs to use in hepatitis C. —Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 3:77;1997. Goldenseal and echinacea are also recommended.
Gently boil one and a half quarts of water to which has been added half a cup of Echinacea purpurea root; three tablespoons of milk thistle seed; two heaping tablespoons of Oregon grape root; and two tablespoons of dandelion root. Remove from the heat after 25 minutes; strain. This is one day’s dose. Give it in small divided doses scattered throughout the day. If the patient tolerates it all right, the second day the dose should be doubled.
Eurocel, an herbal blend beneficial in Hepatitus C cases is available from Nutricology Allergy Research Group (800-545-9960). This product helps to cause HCV-RNA to return to normal. The liver enzymes become low again. The herbs used are Patrinia villosa, Artemisia capillaris, and Schizandra fructus. Artichoke capsules, two capsules three or four times daily, are liver protective.
The herbal program can be directed by Dr. Christopher Deatherage, tel: 417-683-1300.
Hydrotherapy should be given in the acute phase in the form of hot baths and fomentations over the liver. The hot baths can be used to elevate the mouth temperature to around 102 degrees for 15 treatments (see instructions in this book). The fomentations over the liver should be kept hot for 15 minutes and followed by a cold compress for one minute and repeated three times each day = 45 minutes. In chronic active hepatitis, artificial fever treatments two or three days a week with fomentations over the liver on the off days can be beneficial. The hydrotherapy is described in our book Home Remedies under fomentations to the abdomen.
Charcoal compresses and charcoal by mouth (one tablespoon three to four times daily) as well as wheat bran by mouth (one tablespoon with each meal) can reduce the amount of bile salts and the degree of jaundice.
Treatment for Jaundice
The European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 28(5)359-363, May 1998, states that when jaundice produces itching it can be relieved by giving guar gum.
Other Suggestions for Hepatitis C
It is quite proper even in the acute phase to be active, but avoid becoming overly tired. Prolonged bed rest can lead to increased symptoms and weakness.
Drink water generously. Avoid constipation and any other toxic condition.
Avoid any kind of toxic fumes, cleaning compounds and drugs, including birth control pills, aspirin, and corticosteroids (such as cortisone and prednisone) as they encourage later relapses.
For more information contact: Uchee Pines Lifestyle Center, 30 Uchee Pines Road #75, Seale, Alabama 36875
Azocar J, Diaz A. Efficacy and safety of Chlorella supplementation in adults with chronic hepatitis C virus infection. World J Gastroenterol. 2013 Feb 21;19(7):1085-90.
Yakoot M, Salem A. Spirulina platensis versus silymarin in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. A pilot randomized, comparative clinical trial. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012 Apr 12;12:32.
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.