CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PREVENTION & TREATMENT
Written by Slawomir Gromadzki, MPH
Table of contents
WHAT IS VIRUS
Every day hundreds of millions of viruses get into our body with food, water, and air we breathe in. Fortunately, only some of them can be life-threatening, and only if our immune system is compromised.
A virus is an extremely small pathogen that can only replicate inside the living cells of other organisms. Viruses are made up of an outer shell of protein that carries DNA (or RNA) – the genetic code with the instructions for making new copies of the virus.
Viruses kill around 15 million people every year – twice as many as cancer does. Because they can’t reproduce on their own they invade our cells, reprogram their DNA and transform them into very efficient factories producing millions of copies of a specific virus. During an infection, we may have several million viruses per every millilitre of our blood.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) began to spread late last year (2019) in Wuhan, China. The virus appears to have first passed to humans from live animals sold for food in a large market. According to the Guardian, “80% of the UK population are expected to be infected with Covid-19 in the next 12 months, and up to 8 million people may require hospitalisation.” (>)
The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic in March 2020. This led to closures of public life in the UK, the United States, Europe, and many other countries all over the world to prevent widespread infection. By March, 80,000 people had been sickened and 3,200 people had died in China. Worldwide, in over 100 countries, approximately 200,000 cases of COVID-19 had been confirmed, with 8,000 deaths. More than 1000 people in the United States have been diagnosed, including at least 50 people who have died. By comparison, about 50 million Americans have been infected by the flu virus this season, and about 40,000 have died (many more compared to the current number of deaths caused by coronavirus). However, for the coronavirus, experts predict between two and six times as many infections and deaths, in the absence of social distancing and lack of effective medication.
UNPRECEDENTED APPROACH & ECONOMIC IMPACT
Some experts in the field of immunology express their astonishment at the fact that there is so much hype and unprecedented closure of schools, businesses and public life (at the huge economic cost) even though there shouldn’t be much difference between the effect of the regular annual flu pandemics and the spread of coronavirus. Every year about 70% of the population experience symptoms of viral infections (mostly flu) and about 15 million die globally without any radical national policies.
The radical policies practiced in the UK, the US, Europe and many countries all over the world will lead to a huge economic crisis. For instance, in the United States, only the nationwide closure of schools for one month may cost the economy up to $50 billion mostly due to the fact that many parents have to stay with children at home instead of going to work. The UK government is going to guarantee £330bn of loans to businesses to shore up the economy against the coronavirus impact.
There are renown epidemiologists that believe that only people with the compromised immune system, elderly, small children and individuals with certain health conditions require special attention. In addition, since there is no available medication against coronavirus, governments, health authorities, NHS, and mass media should encourage people to avoid factors that are known to weaken immunity and at the same time improve lifestyle and use listed below nutritional supplements, foods and herbs that are known to boost immunity and have antiviral properties.
As with other lung and flu-like infections, people infected with COVID-19 may experience similar symptoms including cough, fever, tiredness, and shortness of breath. About 80% of those infected experience mild to moderate symptoms. About 20% experience more severe symptoms, which may include pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and death (1-3%).
HOW IMMUNE SYSTEM DEALS WITH VIRUSES
If it weren’t for our immune system, none of us would live very long. After recognising a virus, the immune helper T-cells activate B-cells which now become plasma cells (antibody factories). Plasma cells immediately multiply and after receiving necessary data from other leukocytes about the specific shape of viral antigens they start producing about 2000 antiviral antibodies per second. After 4-7 days, those antibodies (IgG) are detectable in the blood giving evidence about an ongoing war and infection. Antibodies (1,000 times smaller than a virus) bind to viral antigens, weakening viruses and marking them as enemies so that other white blood cells (such as macrophages) could engulf and destroy them. Antibodies have countless shapes to match all types of viruses. Every person has more than 10 billion different kinds of antibody – which means there are more types of antibodies inside us than there are people in the world.
Certain types of immune cells such as natural killer cells (NK) fight with viruses independently. They have the ability to “scan” cells and if they detect a viral presence they force infected cells to “commit suicide” and if they refuse NK cells inject into those cells special poison and destroy them together with viruses.
Apart from immune cells, also all other cells in our body have their independent way of defending themselves when they detect an intruder such as viruses. Cells do it by making interferons — antiviral molecules and by exposing on their surfaces the pieces of viral replication to let immune cells, such as natural killer cells, know that they are infected with a virus.
There is a constant unbelievable intelligent war between our immune system and evil viruses going on inside us. According to Prof. Nicholas Wade, „Viruses have learned to hide inside cells, and the immune system has developed a system for identifying cells that hold hidden invaders! Viruses have learned how to deceive the immune system; the immune system has a backup method for marking the cells where it was deceived!”
Unfortunately, instead of helping the immune system to protect us and save our lives many of us seem to cooperate with viruses by weakening immune cells through chronic deficiency of Vitamin D, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, and Vitamin B12; unhealthy toxic diet (high in sugar, bad fats and heated animal protein); fear, irritability and pessimism; use of stimulants and antibiotics; lack of sleep and exercise; as well as other factors.
CAN ANTIBIOTICS KILL VIRUSES
The scary thing about contracting a virus is that antibiotics can’t kill them because bacteria and viruses have different mechanisms to survive and replicate. The antibiotic has no target to attack in a virus.
ARE THERE ANY VACCINES AGAINST CORONAVIRUS
Scientists are currently working on vaccines against coronavirus but it will take a long time (probably about a year) to make it finally available. It is also difficult to guarantee the effectiveness of vaccines because they seem to be unpredictable and often ineffective as viruses mutate (coronavirus already did). They somehow find a way of escaping these vaccine-induced immune responses and can make things even worse by leading to chronic infections.
There are no drugs that can kill viruses but there are some that may inhibit the development of these pathogens. Unfortunately, like other synthetic medications, they are not free from side effects. Most of the antiviral drugs available are designed to help cope with influenza, HIV, herpes, and hepatitis viruses.
Designing effective antiviral medication is not easy, as “hidden” in cells viruses make it difficult for a drug to interfere with the viral replication without harming cells at the same time. In addition, the difficulty in developing effective anti-viral drugs and vaccines is due to viral variations and mutations which often make them resistant to drugs and vaccines.
WHAT ABOUT RECENT DISCOVERY OF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN COMBINATION
A combination of hydroxychloroquine (a less toxic form of Chloroquine which is normally used to treat or prevent malaria) and azithromycin (the antibiotic prescribed to treat infections) have been found to be surprisingly helpful against COVID-19, although it still needs confirmation (>).
In a French study, patients confirmed to have COVID-19, received 600 mg of hydroxychloroquine daily. Depending on the symptoms of participants, azithromycin was also added to their treatment. Untreated patients from another centre and patients who refused the treatment with hydroxychloroquine & azithromycin were included in the study as negative controls. Overall, 20 patients were treated in the study, which demonstrated a significant reduction of the viral carriage compared to controls, and a much lower average carrying duration than reported of untreated patients. In cases where azithromycin was added to hydroxychloroquine, the combination was found to be significantly more efficient for virus elimination.
Based on the above study, currently, some experts recommend the following treatment for individuals already infected with COVID-19:
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate: 200mg three times a day orally for up to 10 days.
Azithromycin: 500mg once a day orally on day 1, then 250mg orally on days 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Unfortunately, in a statement issued recently (>), three professional cardiology groups issued a statement warning that either of these drugs can cause serious arrhythmias that may lead to sudden cardiac death and that taking these two medications together might be even more dangerous for some people (>). In the general population, the chance that these drugs will cause cardiac death is fairly low, but it may happen. People at greatest risk are those who already have cardiovascular disease.
CAN FACE MASKS PREVENT INFECTIONS
Wearing a face mask can’t guarantee that you won’t get sick as tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. Viruses can also get into your body through the eyes. However, masks help capture droplets, which is one of the main viral transmission routes and therefore wearing a mask can be beneficial, but only when you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected.
WHY ONLY SOME INFECTED PEOPLE DEVELOP SYMPTOMS
Even if a virus enters the body it was demonstrated that a strong immune system can easily handle the invasion. Therefore, the key cause of diseases triggered by viral infections is the weakness of the immune system caused by the listed below factors. This is true even with regards to the AIDS virus. Unfortunately, a great majority of people still think that if they are infected with HIV virus sooner or later they will have to face the music, develop aids and die. But it doesn’t have to be so as long as infected with HIV individuals are wise and manage to develop a strong immune system through a healthy lifestyle and use of natural remedies. Here is the proof: „Some people infected with HIV never get treatment for it and never get sick from it. Their immune system somehow controls the virus” (Scientific American, Nov 18, 2009).
According to Dr Lynn Enquist, a virologist at Princeton University, „The AIDS virus is forced to hide until the immune system is changed or compromised. Then it will strike. With acute viruses like flu, it’s wham, bam, thank you ma’am — the immune system is very good at taking care of them. But slower-growing viruses like HIV and hepatitis have to figure out how to replicate in the presence of the immune system. Unfortunately, somehow they know how to do this, and they do it in 57 different ways.”
Please remember that although viruses may learn how to trick white blood cells, yet they can do it only when you weaken your immune system by unhealthy lifestyle, bad diet, deficiency of vitamins and minerals, use of antibiotics and stimulants, lack of probiotic bacteria in your intestines, chronic stress and fear, lack of sleep, and sedentary lifestyle. Otherwise, viruses, including coronavirus, are powerless!
Read more on HIV & AIDS myth >
KEY CAUSES OF WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM
– Deficiency of vitamin D, C, B12, zinc, selenium, magnesium, and antioxidants; use of antibiotics and medications; insufficient number of good probiotic bacteria in the colon; high levels of toxins; chronic stress, irritability, negative thinking, depression and anxiety; cigarette smoking, regular use of alcohol, illegal drugs, caffeine, and other stimulants; a diet high in refined foods such as sugar or white flour products; regular consumption of meat, cheese, pizza, milk and dairy products.
In order to boost your immunity and protect yourself against coronavirus, you must address the listed above possible causes!
– Vitamin D3 deficiency. There is a growing amount of research which suggests that a lack of vitamin D greatly contributes to the weakness of the immune system and its inability to overcome viral infections. Almost every person in England is deficient in vitamin D. Read more about vitamin D >
QUESTION: Why in UK and US Covid-19 (coronavirus) is much more prevalent among black and Asian communities and why it is more widespread in countries such as Spain, Italy and France?
ANSWER: Spain, Italy and France are regarded as severe Vitamin D deficiency countries. Dr Baiarda explains that black and Asian communities are prone to vitamin D deficiency because higher levels of melanin in the skin lead to lower levels of Vitamin D absorption. This is only exacerbated in colder countries like the UK, which see less sunlight.
“As the photographs of the first UK doctors to die of COVID-19 gradually unfolded on the television screen, myself and my family made one, quiet, uncomfortable observation. None of them were white!”
Dr Baiarda told ITV News: “There was research into the Vitamin D deficit that tends to occur in black and Asian people because of the amount of pigment in their skin, and that could be contributing to the lack of immunity that has caused COVID to be so much more severe in these populations.”
– Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium deficiency.
– Toxins: Mercury (from dental fillings, tap water, fish, flu shots, etc.) lead, fluoride, and other toxins.
– Stress, anxiety and depression. A number of published papers have shown that stress and negative emotions contribute to inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases.
– Consumption of trans fats, margarine and bad oils (high in pro-inflammatory omega 6) and deficiency of omega 3 healthy fats high in foods such as Flaxseed, Chia seed, etc.
– Bad lifestyle, unhealthy diet high in sugar, processed refined foods, nutritional deficiencies, artificial sweeteners, lack of exercise and sleep, stimulants, drugs, medication.
– Overconsumption of heated animal protein, meat and dairy products.
PREVENTION & TREATMENT
There is no drug able to kill coronavirus and no vaccine against this new pathogen yet. Don’t take any antibiotics in order to fight coronavirus because antibiotics may kill only bacteria and are powerless against viruses. Antibiotics will only kill the beneficial probiotic bacteria in your gut and weaken your immune system making you more vulnerable against coronavirus.
Fortunately, there are many powerful antiviral and immune system strengthening remedies you can use to protect yourself and your family against coronavirus or other viral infections, including flu, cold, HIV, etc.
HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN
The most important aspect of successful treatment is lifestyle and diet according to the recommendations listed in the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN > Please study it carefully and do your best to implement all the principles. If you manage to do this and use the listed below remedies, coronavirus will not be able to defeat your strong immune system.
SHORT EXPLANATION OF PREVENTION & TREATMENT
There are foods, herbs, nutritional supplements, and healthy lifestyle factors that can help destroy or weaken coronavirus. In addition, they will stimulate the immune system to be much more effective in killing these pathogens.
TAKE THE FOLLOWING:
– Vitamin D3 (not D2): 5000IU after breakfast (as prevention); 30,000IU as soon as you notice symptoms of viral infection (continue this dose for 2-3 weeks, not longer than one month). After the recovery return to the maintenance daily dose of 3,000IU to 5,000IU. Vitamin D is the strongest immune system booster. If you are deficient in this vitamin (without supplementation all of us are), your immune system is very weak and unable to protect you against coronavirus.
Prof. Adit Ginde: “The clinical trial that we did a couple years ago in Colorado was actually in over 20 long term care facilities. So with older people living in assisted living and nursing homes, and actually found that giving vitamin D-deficient individuals high doses of vitamin D, reduces their risk of getting respiratory viral infections by 40%… We have no specific evidence for COVID-19, however, coronaviruses in general are common respiratory viruses. This one’s just more potent and more contagious. Circumstantially there would be some reason to believe that vitamin D would work in a similar fashion.“ (VIDEO >)
– Remember to take well-absorbed Magnesium (such as citrate or bisglycinate: 150-200mg twice daily). If you are deficient in this mineral (almost all of us are due to soil depletion and other factors), Vitamin D will remain inactive and will not boost your immunity. In addition, Magnesium itself plays an important role in maintaining a strong immune system.
– 15-30mg Zinc and 50-200mcg Selenium daily with meals in a good immune supplement, such as Betaimune, Beta Glucan Complex, Wintervits or Day-vit Probio. Both minerals are absolutely crucial for strong immunity.
– Cold-pressed organic Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa): 1 teaspoon 2-3 times a day with meals. Studies demonstrated its potent antiviral properties (including against HIV which uses the same pathways as coronavirus). In addition (or alternatively), you can also take Neem Oil, Propolis or Garlic extract (such as Allicin Max). It must be standardised for allicin as otherwise, it may not have antiviral properties).
– Vitamin C: 500-1500mg, two to three times a day with meals. Only high doses of Vitamin C seem to help inhibit viral activity and are much more effective in promoting strong immunity. Some sources claim China has successfully used 6-12 grams/day (or 100mg/kg) of oral Vitamin C preventatively. For those already infected with complications still higher dosage of 6-25gr daily of intravenous Vitamin C is required. In China, also Prebiotics are recommended as prevention.
– Good quality live Probiotics such as UltraProbio, ImmuProbio or DailyProbio. Probiotics are essential for maintaining strong immunity. Some strains have even shown a direct inhibiting influence against coronavirus. List of probiotic strains that may help boost immunity and inhibit coronavirus: Lactobacillus gasseri (seems to be the most important strain against coronavirus), Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus. Other probiotics known to help fight coronavirus by boosting immunity: L. casei, B. bifidum, B. longum, L. paracasei, L. helveticus, L. johnsonii, L. brevis, L. lactis, L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, L. delbrueckii, L. fermentum, Saccharomyces boulardii, B. longum, B. animalis.
– Vitamin B12 in the form of sublingual Methylcobalamin (such as Metcobin): 1000mcg tablet under the tongue after breakfast. Deficiency of this vitamin is very common not only among elderly and vegans but also meat-eaters and it is often masked by folic acid and undetected due to norms that are way too low. Deficiency of B12 leads to low WBC count and compromised immunity.
– Serrapeptase: Those already infected with coronavirus may take also Serrapeptase (must be enteric-coated) 250,000 IU daily or 80,000 IU 2-3 times daily on an empty stomach. Serratia peptidase or serrapeptase is a digestive enzyme made by a probiotic bacteria. It helps keeps mucus secretions in an optimal state – not too thick and not too watery. Serrapeptase was recently shown to exert antiviral effects by digesting proteins that coat the virus. Other proteolytic enzymes, such as bromelain, may also be effective. In case of coronavirus which attacks the lungs, Serrapeptase is also important because it helps clear mucus and reduces inflammation in chronic respiratory diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, pulmonary hypertension, cough, sinusitis, difficulty breathing, & overproduction of mucus. Read more on serrapeptase >
– As far as Antioxidants are concerned, the most important seems to be Pine bark Extract (such as Pycnogenol) and amino acid L-cysteine (or NAC).
– Do not take antibiotics if you are diagnosed with a viral infection. Antibiotics do not work against viruses. They will only weaken your immune system putting you in a much higher risk of developing complications including pneumonia.
– Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatories drugs (
NUTRITIONAL & LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
– Go to bed as early as possible and sleep 7-8 hours; Exercise every day (at least 1 hour); Whenever possible spend some time in the sun & enjoy nature; Avoid coronavirus hype, don’t let fear control your emotions, think positive & smile frequently :-).
– Every day consume fresh raw vegetable juices, smoothies and raw vegetable salads (especially raw garlic, onion, spring onion, raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, leafy greens (especially kale) and other raw vegetables. To improve their taste use lemon juice, hummus or cold-pressed olive oil.
– Avoid: anything with sugar (makes immune cells behaving like drunken soldiers) (use stevia, xylitol, erythritol, raw organic honey instead of sugar), white flour products, white rice, artificial sweeteners, stimulants (smoking, alcohol, caffeine, etc.), meat & dairy (usually contain antibiotics), cheese, pizza, and heated animal protein (has a detrimental influence on immunity).
– Avoid processed foods, refined oils and bad fats. Use raw coconut oil instead.
– Every hot shower end with a short cold one (excellent immune booster).
DETAILED EXPLANATION OF PREVENTION & TREATMENT
Key Probiotics to fight coronavirus: Lactobacillus gasseri, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
Take good quality probiotic formulas as inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases are linked to the deficiency of the probiotic bacteria in the gut. The weakness of our immune system, which is greatly influenced by the ratio between good and bad bacteria in the gut, is one of the key causes of acute and chronic infectious diseases, cancers, or 160 autoimmune conditions.
Probiotics that have been proved to inhibit coronavirus: Lactobacillus gasseri (seems to be the most important one), Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus. Other probiotics help fight coronavirus by boosting immunity: L. casei, B. bifidum, B. longum, L. paracasei, L. helveticus, L. johnsonii, L. brevis, L. lactis, L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, L. delbrueckii, L. fermentum, Saccharomyces boulardii, B. longum, B. animalis.
“According to a research team at Ehwa Womans University Medical Center (South Korea), probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus gasseri extracted from fermented sea buckthorn berry, represses the activation of purine, an energy source required for the mutation of new coronavirus… The researchers, led by Professor Yoon Ha-na of the Urology Department, also discovered that sea buckthorn berry had abundant amounts of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus rhamnosus, which have the same chemical binding site to the COVID-19 and affect the protein activity of AIDS… Also in China, a research team led by Professor Ruan Jishou from Nankai University in Tianjin recently discovered that COVID-19 in the human body mutated in a similar way to that of the Ebola and AIDS virus. According to the Chinese research team, the new coronavirus creates spike protein to survive within the human body… Professor Jeong Goo-bo of Gachon University Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, also said, “I believe L. gasseri, derived from plants, can be effective in preventing COVID-19 spread because it affects the activation of purine enzyme, the energy source for AIDS, hepatitis, Ebola, and COVID-19 virus.” (>)
BLACK SEED OIL
According to my knowledge, the strongest natural remedy against coronavirus is Black seed oil & Neem oil as both showed the strongest antiviral properties able to kill even HIV which uses similar pathways as coronavirus.
Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa) contains thymol (found also in thyme essential oil), a natural monoterpene which is commonly used as a medical and general-purpose disinfectant to kill various viruses and bacteria, including TB.
Nigella sativa has been used with surprising results in alternative HIV protocols for years. This was a remarkable discovery, described by the researchers as follows: “Nigella sativa had been documented to possess many therapeutic functions in medicine but the least expected is sero-reversion in HIV infection which is very rare despite extensive therapy with highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART).” (>)
“Complete recovery and sero-reversion of adult HIV patient after the six months treatment with Nigella sativa.”
“Several repeats of the HIV tests remained sero-negative, aviraemia and normal CD4 count since 24 months without herbal therapy.” It means that two years after the treatment with Black seed was over there was no HIV nor antibodies against it found in the body and the helper T cell count (type of immune cells attacked by HIV) was normal!
“This case report reflects the fact that there are possible therapeutic agents in Nigella sativa that may effectively control HIV infection.”
Read more about HIV and AIDS >
Read more about Black seed oil >
Neem leaf extract safely increases CD4 cell levels in patients with HIV/AIDS which uses similar pathways as coronavirus. In 2008 India successfully completed the phase two trial of a neem-based microbicide gel for women. Researchers hope the gel will help protect against vaginal transmission of HIV/Aids. Studies reported in 1992 and 1994 showed neem’s ability to enhance the cell-mediated immune response may be used to provide protection from vaginal contraction of the disease if neem is used as a vaginal lubricant preceding intercourse. AIDS may possibly be treated by ingesting neem leaf extracts or the whole leaf or by drinking a neem tea. Neem bark killed the AIDS virus in a preliminary 1993 in vitro study (Larson, 1993). A study in test tubes and petri dishes, not in people! Another 1993 in vitro study showed that neem bark and leaf extracts reduced the production of viral proteins in cells, indicating that neem may inhibit replication of the virus (Upadhyay et al, 1993). Studies reported in 1992 and 1994 (Beardsley,1992 and Caldwell, 1994) showed that neem stimulates cell-mediated immune response. Researchers suggested this may be used to protect against vaginal contraction of AIDS. (A very promising follow up study was reported in 2008, see below.)
A 2003 in vitro study showed that an acetone-water neem leaf extract can protect lymphocytes against invasion by HIV. Note that the extract protected 75% of the lymphocytes, not 100%. The same extract was used in 10 patients: 1000 mg neem leaf extract for 10 days improved the condition of patients, increasing haemoglobin concentrations, platelet count, CD4+ cell count and body weight. (Udeinya et al, 2003) Scientists have discovered that Neem, used for centuries by Indians to treat inflammation, fever and malaria, could help kill cancer cells.
There is currently a lot of discussion and opposing views concerning garlic’s ability to kill coronavirus. Although it is true that by now there is no scientific proof that certain constituents of garlic are able to destroy coronavirus, yet on the other hand research provides enough data to believe garlic might be able to kill other viruses and may stimulate the immune system to be more effective in coping with them.
Studies have demonstrated that garlic helps reduce the risk of viral infections such as flu or clods and may reduce the severity of symptoms. One study gave 146 volunteers either garlic supplements or a placebo for three months. The garlic group had a 63% lower risk of getting a cold, and their colds were also 70% shorter. Another study also concluded that colds were on average 60% shorter for subjects on garlic, compared to a placebo group. Their colds were also less severe.
Intact garlic bulbs contain high amounts of g-glutamylcysteines that are hydrolysed and oxidized to form alliin which as a result of cutting, crushing, or chewing and the influence of an enzyme called alliinase form allicin known to have a potent anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Furthermore, the same allicin decomposes to other compounds, such as diallyl sulphide (DAS), diallyl disulphide (DADS), diallyl trisulphide (DAT), dithiins and ajoene. G-glutamylcysteines are also converted to S-allylcysteine (SAC) via pathway other than the alliin/allicin one. SAC is one of the water-soluble organosulfur compounds, regarded as a major contributor to garlic’s health benefits.
In garlic, not only allicin but also diallyl disulphide and ajoene seem to possess antiviral properties. For instance, in a cell-based study, diallyl disulfide in garlic inhibited cell growth and selectively killed HIV-infected immune cells. The same active ingredient also inhibited viral replication by decreasing the production of proteins involved in it [>].
Ajoene (garlic’s organosulfur constituent) managed to prevent healthy blood cells from fusing with HIV-infected cells and inhibited HIV replication in infected cells. It was discovered that ajoene can prevent cell fusion by inactivating platelet integrins (proteins causing cells to fuse together) [>].
Garlic’s active ingredients are also able to stimulate certain immune cells to be more effective in fighting viruses (Wang et al. 2010). Garlic has been demonstrated to have the potential to stimulate immune T cells and natural killer (NK) cells, to activate inflammation necessary to kill viruses. In one study (Susan et al. 2016) 120 healthy participants were taking capsules with a daily dose of 2.56g of garlic extract for 3 months. As a result, T cells nearly doubled their ability to proliferate, whereas the NK cells almost tripled their proliferation numbers.
Experiments have shown that garlic compounds can be effective at killing countless pathogens responsible for not only the most common infections such as cold or flu but also those that trigger rare infections. In one study (>), participants were given either garlic supplements or a placebo for 3 months during the cold season. Those who supplemented with garlic extract were significantly less likely to get a cold, and if they did, they recovered much faster. The placebo group had a significantly greater likelihood of contracting cold during the period. Allicin, in particular, seems to play a key role in garlic’s antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal abilities.
If you want garlic supplements to have antimicrobial properties, make sure you choose a good quality extract which is standardised for the presence of allicin as regular garlic powders, most garlic oils and products containing processed garlic available on the market do not contain allicin. They may have some other benefits of garlic but they probably will not be able to kill pathogens including viruses.
According to Dr Martin Hum, from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition, colloidal silver is one of the most effective and quickest natural remedies to stop viruses. It can be used as an anti-viral remedy for pneumonia, flu and cold, HIV/AIDS, herpes, shingles or warts. Colloidal silver has shown its ability to suffocate viruses and significantly weaken even the very stubborn HIV virus and its activity. There are also numerous testimonials written by individuals claiming colloidal silver’s effectiveness against the hepatitis C virus.
In one study researchers took 100 children (under the age of 12) with common cold and nasal congestion. Half of them were treated with a solution of colloidal silver and beta-glucan, and the second half with a saline solution. As a result, both groups benefited from the treatments, but 90% of the colloidal silver group completely recovered! Colloidal silver spray or liquid can be applied directly into the throat and nasal cavity to effectively treat sinusitis and sore throat. Read more on COLLOIDAL SILVER >
Astragalus extract is regarded as an excellent energy and immune system booster. It is also an adaptogen herb known to lower excessive cortisol (stress hormone) levels and reduce the bad effects of chronic stress.
A 2012 study displayed its ability to control T-helper cells 1 and 2, essentially regulating the body’s immune responses. As a result of taking astragalus extract, the macrophages and the natural killer cells of the immune system have a markedly enhanced ability to fight intruders, including viruses, five- to six-fold! It looks like no other herb can be a more effective immune system stimulator than Astragalus.
According to Dr Randy Horwitz, Medical Director at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, “Astragalus has been found to have both antiviral and immune-enhancing properties. Research shows that the 50 or so different compounds in astragalus work by stimulating immune cells, such as T-cells, phagocytes, and macrophages, to fight off disease. In Asia, it’s even given to cancer patients.” Astragalus – Like zinc, selenium, and vitamin D does not only makes the immune system stronger but it also modulates immunity helping prevent leukocytes from attacking own body and reducing symptoms of inflammation as well as various autoimmune diseases.
A 2004 study (>) evaluated the effects of astragalus on herpes simplex virus type 1 and confirmed inhibiting properties. Another study (>) published in the Chinese Medical Sciences Journal stated that astragalus was able to inhibit the growth of Coxsackie B virus in rodents. Astragalus also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Those already infected with coronavirus may take also Serrapeptase (must be enteric-coated) 250,000 IU daily or 80,000 IU 2-3 times daily on an empty stomach. Serratia peptidase or serrapeptase is a digestive enzyme made by a probiotic bacteria. It helps keeps mucus secretions in an optimal state – not too thick and not too watery. Serrapeptase was recently shown to exert antiviral effects by digesting proteins that coat the virus. Other proteolytic enzymes, such as bromelain, may also be effective. In case of coronavirus which attacks the lungs, Serrapeptase is also important because it helps clear mucus and reduces inflammation in chronic respiratory diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, pulmonary hypertension, cough, sinusitis, difficulty breathing, & overproduction of mucus. Read more on serrapeptase >
– Propolis >. Due to its proven anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties Propolis can help prevent and shorten the duration of common respiratory diseases such as flu or cold. In one study regular daily doses of propolis were given to a group of school children during the cold season. As a result, the children treated with propolis had significantly fewer colds with acute or chronic symptoms. According to the results of another trial, the group of adults on propolis extract became free of cold symptoms two and a half times faster than the control group. It was reported that Propolis improves the cellular immune response by increasing mRNA for interferon-γ and activating the production of cytokines.
– Elderberry has a long, rich history of use for medicinal benefits by numerous cultures. It fights infections including influenza, herpes, viral infections and bacterial infections. Fruit, flowers, leaves, bark, and root seem to have similar antiviral and antibacterial properties. A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine concluded that elderberry can be used as a natural antiviral herbal remedy against flu.
– Cat’s Claw (bark and root) have been used by South Americans to treat conditions including inflammation, infections, cancers, fevers, stomach ulcers, digestive problems, or dysentery. Cat’s claw has also antiviral (including HIV), anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, and can help get rid of herpes. This powerful herbal remedy is used to treat digestive problems such as ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, or colitis.
– Compounds found in Olive leaves kill pathogens and don’t allow viruses to cause an infection and replicate. According to a study conducted at the New York University School of Medicine, olive leaf extracts reversed many HIV-1 infection-associated changes (>).
– Quercetin: Helps protect against influenza virus as it has been known to have antiviral benefits; Helps reduce inflammation and symptoms of cold & flu.
– Oregano oil contains two compounds, carvacrol and thymol, that have powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is the carvacrol that treats viral infections, as well as allergies, cancers, parasites and inflammations. There are over 800 studies that give evidence about the amazing health benefits of carvacrol.
– Ginger: According to numerous cellular studies, it can kill viruses, bacteria, and yeasts. It not only soothes a sore throat but can kill rhinoviruses (the cause of most colds) and stimulates the immune system by increasing body temperature. Ginger also prevents the accumulation of toxins that make you susceptible to viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
– Maitake mushroom powder: A potent immune stimulant. According to a 2014 trial, “Immunomodulating glucans from Maitake and Shiitake mushrooms strongly stimulated both the cellular and humoral branch of immune reactions.”
– Echinacea: “Largest ever clinical study into Echinacea finds herbal remedy CAN protect against flu and colds… In the majority of participants, the recurring infections were cut by 60%… The duration of the illness suffered by patients also went down by an average of 26%… Researchers also found that Echinacea caused no adverse side effects on the participants.” Also, a 2000 meta-analysis based on sixteen trials revealed that the majority of studies reported positive results for echinacea in the prevention and reduction of flu symptoms.
– Chlorella > and Spirulina > are very beneficial in AIDS and HIV infections and are effective in treating other viral infections such as hepatitis C. Scientists treated patients who suffered from chronic hepatitis C with Chlorella. After 3 months of treating patients with relatively small doses of Chlorella researchers discovered that the condition of 70% of the patients significantly improved.
– Siberian mixture of fermented garlic and lemon juice: I was given this recipe from my Polish colleague who spent some time in Siberia. It also lowers bad cholesterol and triglycerides, regulates blood sugar level and blood pressure, boosts the immune system, and kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, candida, or cancer cells. In order to make this mixture, you need two ingredients: fresh juice from 24 lemons and 400 grams of squeezed fresh raw garlic. Place both ingredients in a glass jar and mix them together. Cover the opening of the jar with a clean cloth and live it in a dark cool place for 14 days until the content ferments. After two weeks strain the fermented mixture pouring the liquid into smaller glass jars. Close them with lids and keep the jars in the fridge. Always shake before use and for insomnia take one teaspoon with a half glass of warm water about one hour before going to sleep. After one month of using the mixture take a 7 days break and after that you can start using it again. After using it for 3 months you will need a whole month break. In this way, it shouldn’t lose its effectiveness.
– Monolaurin is a fatty acid found in raw coconut oil that is also available as a dietary supplement. It has antiviral effects with confirmed activity against viruses similar to coronavirus. Many viruses are enveloped by a protective membrane composed of fatty substances (lipids). Monolaurin has demonstrated its ability to dissolve lipids in the fatty envelope, disintegrating the viral protective shield and making viruses much easier prey for the immune system. The recommended dosage of monolaurin in 1,000-1,500 mg twice daily.
Vitamin D3 >: To help prevent any viral infections, take 5-10,000IU of Vitamin D3 (not D2) after breakfast every day. You also must take 200mg of Magnesium twice daily because without enough Magnesium in your body Vitamin D will remain inactive. As soon as you experience symptoms of viral infection, increase to 50,000 IU every day after breakfast until recovery (about 2 weeks). After that reduce to 10,000 IU a day. After another month start taking the maintenance dose of 2000-5000IU daily.
Recently researchers investigated and compared data from 25 studies on vitamin D that involved 10,000 people to explore the effect of vitamin D in preventing cold, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. Their conclusion suggests vitamin D supplementation was very beneficial in preventing respiratory tract infections.
According to the NHS new guidelines on vitamin D, everyone should consider taking vitamin D supplements during the winter months: “… The advice is to consider taking vitamin D supplements because it is difficult to get enough from food alone.”
“Vitamin D reduces the ACE2 enzyme which viruses like coronavirus use to gain access to our cells” (>).
“Vitamin D boosts the levels of antimicrobial (antiviral) peptides in the lungs” (>).
“The antiviral effect of vitamin D3 has been shown in various viral infections such as HCV, rhinovirus, and dengue virus” (>).
“Vitamin D increases the antiviral activity of bronchial epithelial cells”. (>)
Magnesium plays an important role in proper conversion and absorption of Vitamin D. Therefore, in cases where large doses of Vitamin D don’t seem to work the true problem is Magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is necessary to activate all the enzymes that metabolize Vitamin D. Magnesium deficiency causes Vitamin D to be stored and inactive. Unfortunately, almost all people are now deficient in Magnesium due to soil depletion, chronic stress, use of stimulants, refined diet, etc.
Another requirement for proper absorption of vitamin D is 100–200 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (Derived from Natural Natto) every day. To maximize the benefits of vitamin D supplementation while also minimizing the potential risk of toxicity, vitamin D should be taken with Magnesium and Vitamin K2. Vitamin K activates the MGP, a protein that helps direct calcium to the right places (bones) and lead calcium away from the undesirable areas (pineal gland, kidneys and arteries) eliminating the risk of hypercalcaemia and calcification of these organs.
Vitamin C: At least 500mg twice daily as smaller doses may not help protect against viral infections, although it has been suggested higher dosage is required for increased effectiveness. Some sources claim China has successfully used 6-12 grams/day (or 100mg per every kg body weight) of oral Vitamin C preventatively. For those already infected with complications still higher dosage of 6-25gr daily of intravenous Vitamin C is required. In China, also Prebiotics are recommended as a prevention.
Being an antioxidant Vitamin C helps maintain strong immune system by protecting it against oxidative damage caused by free radicals: “Vitamin C is known as an essential anti-oxidant and enzymatic co-factor for hormone production, collagen synthesis and immune potentiation.”
According to Linus Pauling, “Effectiveness of ascorbic acid in providing protection against viral diseases results from its function in the synthesis and activity of interferon in preventing the entry of virus particles into the cells… For many people, 1000 mg to 2000 mg of Vitamin C per day is the optimum rate of ingestion.“
A 2013 research maintains that “Vitamin C Is an Essential Factor on the Anti-viral Immune Responses through the Production of Interferon-α/β at the Initial Stage of Influenza Virus Infection.”
To help prevent viral infections and reduce symptoms, apart from vitamin C, also zinc, selenium and especially vitamin D3 (with magnesium) are recommended for much better results.
Vitamin C deficiency leads to impaired immunity and higher susceptibility to viral infections. In addition, infections lead to vitamin C deficiency due increased requirements for antioxidants such as vitamin C in inflammatory and infectious diseases. Vitamin C accumulates in phagocytic immune cells, such as macrophages and neutrophils, and can enhance chemotaxis and phagocytosis. It is also needed for apoptosis (death of infected cells) (>). Vitamin C has been shown to enhance differentiation and proliferation of B- and T-cells, likely due to its gene-regulating effects (>). Vitamin C supplementation helps prevent and treat respiratory infections. However, treatment of already existing infections seems to require mega doses of vitamin C to compensate for the increased inflammatory response and metabolic demand. According to data provided by current Chinese experience effective prevention requires at least 6 grams of orally taken vitamin C per day and high intravenous doses of vitamin C in treating coronavirus infections.
Zinc: 30 to 50mg a day after breakfast (should be with Selenium and Copper). Zinc is required for a strong immune system. In a zinc-deficient body immune system is not able to overcome viral infection. Deficiency can cause the gastrointestinal system to malfunction (for example, without zinc proteins can’t be properly digested), so foods aren’t completely digested. These food particles can then be absorbed into the bloodstream where the immune system often misidentifies them as antigens and produces antibodies against them, although they are not needed. Such needless immune-stimulation and antibody production weakens the immune system.
Zinc inhibits influenza & cold viruses; Taking Zinc at the start of a cold or flu helps minimise duration and severity of symptoms. In 2014 meta-analysis of 67 studies researchers have found that zinc is the best supplement for warding off colds and flu! According to the 2013 study, “Zinc (lozenges) administered within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms reduces the duration of symptoms.”
Selenium boosts immunity and helps defend viral and bacterial infections, autoimmune diseases and allergies. For instance, in people who already contracted HIV, selenium has been shown to also be able to slow down the progression of the disease into AIDS. It was discovered that 200 micrograms of Selenium per day help prevent viruses from replicating.
NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) (600 to 1800mg a day) offers significant benefits at doses of 600 mg 2-3 times daily to boost most important body antioxidant – glutathione (strong immune system stimulator) and for individuals who have, or are at risk for coronavirus infection, chronic lung conditions such as COPD and IPF (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis). In some cases, oral L-cysteine or NAC therapy has proved excellent for the treatment of asthmatics. NAC is also popular due to its “mucolytic” effect. It breaks up mucus in the respiratory tract by removing specific bonds in mucus proteins. It is able to break up or loosen sputum making it easier to cough up. A review of 40 clinical trials on NAC found that it was safe and effective as a natural treatment for chronic bronchitis. Because it helps reduce the viscosity (thickness) of sputum, NAC benefits ability to expectorate and to reduce the severity of coughs.
Vitamin B12: 1,000 to 2,000 mcg a day under the tongue (must be sublingual Methylcobalamin!). This vitamin is involved in the production of white blood cells which are responsible to deal with viral infections and many people with inflammations, weak immune system and autoimmune diseases have low levels of this most important vitamin. “Vitamin B12 deficiency is common among both vegans and meat-eaters alike. The Framingham Offspring Study found that not just vegetarians or older people are deficient in vitamin B12. This study showed no difference in the B12 blood levels of younger and older adults. Most interestingly there was no difference between those who ate meat, poultry, or fish and those who did not eat those foods.” (Jennifer Rooke, MD, November 1, 2014) Read a fascinating article on B12 >
– Rutin: Contains anti-inflammatory properties; Useful in alleviating the symptoms of respiratory infections such as the runny nose.
– Boost Glutathione levels which is the most powerful of all antioxidants and strengthens the immune system and is one of the most effective remedies against inflammations. It boosts the body’s ability to modulate and regulate the immune system. It is also important to provide the body with ingredients that increase glutathione production in the liver by taking turmeric, milk thistle, L-cysteine or NAC (N-acetyl cysteine), Alpha Lipoic Acid, bilberry, vitamin C, asparagus, broccoli, peaches, avocado, spinach, garlic, squash, grapefruit.
– Hot and cold alternative showers twice daily (read more in HYDROTHERAPY >). Every day in the morning and evening you must take alternative hot and cold showers as it is one of the best ways to boost your immunity and weaken any virus. In addition, it will improve circulation, elimination of toxins and will stimulate the nervous system. Start with hot shower, and after about 5 minutes when your body is warm enough take a short (3 min) cold shower slowly reducing the temperature. Then alternate the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 5-7 times in a row. Before using this treatment consult your physician first if you have any chronic health conditions especially if they are associated with the heart. Find out more about HYDROTHERAPY >
– One of the most powerful remedies against upper respiratory diseases is Hot Foot Bath. Before bed keep your feet in hot water plus very cold compress on forehead and neck and a lot of water to drink as you should sweat a lot. VIDEO >
NUTRITIONAL & LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
– Avoid or significantly reduce consumption of cheese, pizza, meat, bad fats & dairy. They weaken the immune system and are mucus-producing making symptoms worse. „German researchers discovered that vegetarians have more than twice the natural killer cell activity of meat-eaters. Natural killer cells are specialized white blood cells that attack and neutralize cancer cells” (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine).
– Learn to control stress and always think positive! Never think negative and get rid of anxiety and fear as all negative feelings have a very bad effect on the immune system and increase chances of developing diseases triggered by viral infections.
It is interesting that over a hundred years before modern science proved it an American prolific author, by the name Ellen White, seemed to know about this, even though she lived in the XIX century. In her beautiful book Mind, Character and Personality she wrote the following inspired words: „Few realize the power that the mind has over the body. A great deal of the sickness which afflicts humanity has its origin in the mind and can only be cured by restoring the mind to health… The mind needs to be controlled, for it has the most powerful influence upon the health. The imagination often brings severe forms of disease. Many die of diseases which are mostly imaginary. They bring upon themselves actual disease by the influence of the imagination… Thousands are sick and dying around us who might get well and live if they would, but their imagination holds them. They fear that they will be made worse if they labor or exercise, when this is just the change they need to make them well. Without this they never can improve. They should exercise the power of the will, engage in useful employment, and forget that they have aching backs, joints, or heads.”
In the beautiful book „Ministry of Healing” Ellen G. White wrote that, “The sick, shut within four walls, look out on houses and pavements, with perhaps not even a glimpse of blue sky or sunshine, of grass or flower or tree. Shut up in this way, they brood over their suffering and sorrow, and become a prey to their own sad thoughts. The pure air, the glad sunshine, the flowers and trees, and outdoor exercise amid these surroundings, are health- and life-giving. Outdoor life is the only remedy that many need. It has a wonderful power to heal diseases caused by the excitements and excesses of fashionable life, a life that weakens and destroys the powers of body, mind, and soul. How glad would they be to sit in the open air, rejoice in the sunshine, and breathe the fragrance of tree and flower! There are life-giving properties in the balsam of the pine, in the fragrance of the cedar and the fir, and other trees also have properties that are health restoring. In nature may always be found something to divert the attention of the sick from themselves and direct their thoughts to God. The beauty of nature leads them to think of the heavenly home, where there will be nothing to mar the loveliness, nothing to taint or destroy, nothing to cause disease or death.”
Dr Lee Berk of Loma University Medical Centre, has been conducting laughter therapy research for decades. In 1989, Berk studied the effects of laughter in healthy males. Five experimental subjects watched an hour-long comedy while others didn’t. Blood samples taken from the participants revealed that cortisol (the hormone our body releases under stress) had decreased more rapidly in comparison to the control group. The research has also revealed that the level of natural killer cells (immune cells that fight virus and cancer cells) was increased through laughter. These same cells are suppressed if the body suffers consistent long-term stress. Read more >
– Don’t use stimulants such as caffeine products or alcohol.
– Exercise in the morning outside to boost serotonin!
– Increase consumption of foods high in Tryptophan (to boost serotonin): 5-HTP, cooked organic soybeans, organic Tofu, beans, lentils, ground sesame, tahini, hummus, etc.
– Light therapy. Expose your body to sunlight whenever it is possible or use strong light imitating sunlight.
– Go to sleep as early as possible. Try to sleep at least seven or eight hours a day.
– Avoid foods with refined sugar as it makes leukocytes behave like drunken soldiers. Also, white flour products weaken the immune system because they are quickly converted to sugar. Instead of sugar and other harmful sweeteners you can use xylitol, erythritol, stevia or organic raw honey in moderation.
– Avoid all artificial sweeteners! Artificial sweeteners can usually be identified by many different names such as sucralose, saccharin, or aspartame (Splenda, Equal, Sweet n Low). There are almost a hundred side effects listed by the FDA, including depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, memory loss, nerve cell damage, Alzheimer’s, migraines, reproductive disorders, brain lesions, weight gain, food cravings, seizures and more.”
– Avoid high glucose/fructose syrup (HFCS).
– Avoid monosodium glutamate (MSG).
– Switch to a well-balanced plant-based and unrefined diet with plenty of raw vegetable juices and raw vegetable salads.
– The only oil to use is raw organic coconut oil as it can kill virus and bacteria.
– Increase Serotonin! We know that serotonin is very important in fighting depression, fatigue, or insomnia, but it also benefits the immune system. Serotonin is the “feel-good” hormone and neurotransmitter which helps us regulate moods and use good judgement. Unfortunately, the older we get the less serotonin we tend to produce. Dr Carolyn Meltzer’s research has demonstrated that with age serotonin receptors decrease by over 50%. People who struggle with overweight, obesity, and depression, those who commit serious crime as well as people who commit suicide have a very low level of this extremely important hormone. Unfortunately, if you don’t have enough serotonin or when the number of serotonin receptors is low then it leads to depression. Serotonin deficiency can be caused by sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activity), insufficient light during the day, refined and low in nutrients diet, use of stimulants (alcohol, nicotine, coffee, tea, cola drinks, chocolate and other caffeine products), or insufficient amount of sleep.
Fever (high body temperature) – Normal body temperature range is between 97.5°F (36.4°C) and 99.5°F (37.5°C). Temperature above 100.4°F (38°C) is usually regarded as a sign of a fever. A fever of about 101°F (39°C) is considered mild and usually doesn’t require medication.
IS FEVER GOOD OR BAD: Fevers are generally beneficial and can be considered a sign that your immune system is working properly. A fever is usually triggered by the body to stimulate the immune system and weaken viruses, bacteria or cancer cells. In some chronic conditions such as bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, cancer, etc. it is even recommended to increase body temperature using prolonged hot bath (with a cold compress on the forehead and neck), hot foot bath or hot shower as higher body temperature stimulates the immune system and weakens pathogens and cancer cells.
AVOID DEHYDRATION: However, when body temperature gets too high it can be dangerous as it leads to dehydration. For this reason, you must drink plenty of water and herbal teas, raw vegetable juices, etc. Make sure your urine is transparent. If it is yellow it means you must drink more water. During fever, you need at least 3 or more litres of water daily, depending on body temperature, the amount of water you lose, your diet (fruits and veggies are high in water). Don’t give a child too much fruit juices as they contain sugar, but rather dilute them with water.
WATER TREATMENTS: A lukewarm bath (15-40min) or wrapping the entire body in a lukewarm or cool wet sheet works very well in cooling down a fever. Read more about water treatments >
REMEDIES: Remedies depend on the cause of the fever. Find the condition that causes the fever in the DISEASES section and use recommended their remedies (in most cases you will need the following: a good Probiotic supplement, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc, Vitamin C, B vitamins, Antioxidants (Pine Bark extract, etc.) and listed below Herbs).
HERBS (helping lower excessive body temperature): Most important is
Also, Ginger (Zingiber officinale) root is a useful herbal diaphoretic (promotes perspiration) commonly used as a natural remedy for fever. It combines well with listed above herbs that are useful for treating fever.
Remember, the more you sweat the more water you must drink.
SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF TREATMENT
– Learn to control stress, depression and anxiety by positive thinking, frequent smiling and laughter exercises, taking care of others, helping people in need, going for a walk, enjoying life and the beauty of nature. In this way you will boost good hormones, program cells to live longer, build new strong neural pathways, greatly reduce the number of free radicals, and greatly boost your immune system. As a result, those smart and intelligent tiny soldiers (leukocytes) will protect and fight for you with coronavirus like Kamikazes. Read more in the article MIND CURE >
Unfortunately, from experience, we know that for most of us it is very difficult and often even impossible to control stress, overcome fear, anxiety and depression, or to become a positive thinking person simply because those negative emotions and fears are so deeply rooted and even seem to be a part of our nature. Sometimes we even feel like slaves of those negative attitudes and bad emotions.
And that is the very reason I included on my website a very special, unique and even most important section called EMPOWERMENT >. So please read it carefully and then study also another article – the GOSPEL OF FREEDOM >, which is even more significant as it reveals the secret of finding the only source of true inward peace which according to Apostle Paul “surpasses all knowledge” and which can “guard (protect) our hearts and minds (emotions)”. Combined with true strong faith this message will lead you to freedom from negative emotions such as anxiety or existential fears (one of the key source of deadly free radicals). It will also empower you with moral strength necessary to overcome long-cultivated bad habits or addictions, often impossible for us to defeat on our own. Finally, this unique and most wonderful Good News of the Gospel will also give you a new strength and a powerful motivation to not only practice but also enjoy the new and very healthy way of life.
– Malter M. Natural killer cells, vitamins, and other blood components of vegetarian and omnivorous men. Nutr and Cancer. 1989;12:271-278.
– Linus Pauling, Vitamin C and the Common Cold, p. 38, 84
– Susan, S. (2016). Aged Garlic Extract Modifies Human Immunity. The Journal of Nutrition. 16 (4), 54-60.
– Wang, D., Feng, Y. et al. (2010). Black Garlic (Allium sativum) extract enhances the immune system. Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science and Biotechnology. 4 (1),
– Yejin Kim, Hyemin Kim, Seyeon Bae, et al (2013) Immune Netw. 2013 Apr; 13(2): 70–74
– The Telegraph, G. Michael Allan, MD and Bruce Arroll, MB ChB PhD (2014) Prevention and treatment of the common cold: making sense of the evidence. 28 Jan 2014 CMAJ. 2014 Feb 18
– Singh M1, Das RR (2013) Zinc for the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Jun 18;(6)
– V Vetvicka, J Vetvickova (2014) Immune-enhancing effects of Maitake.
– Propolis: Otolaryngologia Polska 1989;43(3):180-4.
– Propolis: Isr Med Assoc J 2002 Nov;4(11 Suppl):923-7.
– Propolis: Int Immunopharmacol. 2004 Jul;4(7):975-82.
– Propolis: Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007 Mar 15;116(1-2):79-84.
– Echinacea: Daily Mail 10/10/2012
– Melchart D, Linde K, Fischer P (2000) Echinacea for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD000530.
– Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data. BMJ 2017; 356 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6583 (Published 15 February 2017): http://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.i658
– NHS: The new guidelines on vitamin D – what you need to know, Thursday, July 21 2016: https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/the-new-guidelines-on-vitamin-d-what-you-need-to-know/
– Nantz MP1, Rowe CA, Muller CE, Creasy RA, Stanilka JM, Percival SS. (2016). Supplementation with aged garlic extract improves both NK and γδ-T cell function and reduces the severity of cold and flu symptoms: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled nutrition intervention. Clin Nutr. 2012 Jun;31(3):337-44. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2011.11.019. Epub 2012 Jan 24.
– Josling P1. (2001). Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. Adv Ther. 2001 Jul-Aug;18(4):189-93.
– Astragalus: https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-cold-remedy-that-actually-works-20160316
Share this article!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved