HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN
Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
Practicing listed below rules helped many people all over the world to recover from all kinds of health problems and helped them to feel much better both physically and emotionally. The more of the following principles you will manage to implement the quicker you will recover and the better you will feel. Also please keep in mind that initially some individuals may not feel great due to the detoxification process but it usually lasts only about one to few days and after that you will see great improvement.
WHY WE NEED NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS
Unfortunately, due to the fact that for a very long time we’ve been using artificial fertilizers the concentration of minerals in the soil today is 70 to 100 % lower than it was a hundred years ago. As a result also food we consume is mostly deprived of proper amount of nutrients, and only biodynamic farming, but not organic, can help to solve this problem because only the biodynamic farming is able to replenish the soil. Organic foods have less pesticides and herbicides too but they are not significantly higher in nutrients.
In addition, majority of people today consume products which either deprive them of vitamins and minerals or are very low in nutrients. The most dangerous among them are foods which contain high glucose or high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), refined sugar (hidden in many different products), polished rice, and refined flour products such as white bread, doughnuts, cakes, biscuits, or refined pasta.
Also chronic psychological stress and the use of popular stimulants such as caffeine products, chocolate, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, etc. greatly contribute to nutritional deficiencies and poor health.
KEY VITAMINS AND MINERALS
It means that even if our diet looks healthy and consists of only unrefined foods we can’t be sure today we provide our body with sufficient amount of nutrients. For this reason, let me recommend to you the following most important vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals in the form of good quality supplements as they will give you multiple health benefits you will not get from food alone. They will also increase your energy levels, detoxify your body and help to improve your health or recover much faster:
– Every day after breakfast take one tablet of a good quality Multivitamin-mineral formula such as VM-2000 (Solgar), VM-75 (Solgar), Special Two (NOW Foods), Earth Source (Solgar), etc. Never buy cheap vitamins or popular multivitamin supplements such as Centrum as they are very low in vitamins and minerals and contain only poor quality low strength vitamins and minerals and only few or no additional ingredients such as herbs, super foods, or enzymes. Always compare the number of ingredients and strength of vitamins and minerals per tablet.
– Take about 5,000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily (don’t take vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol). Vitamin D is the strongest immune system booster and deficiency of this vitamin today is rampant. Even in hot parts of the world such as Africa or India majority of people are deficient in vitamin D because they do not expose their uncovered bodies to the sun. Remember to take Magnesium every day as vitamin D without enough magnesium in the body is useless. As a matter of fact, taking even highest doses of supplemental Vitamin D gives no benefits in people who are deficient in Magnesium. In addition, taking vitamin D supplements lead to magnesium deficiency resulting in sleeping problems, muscle cramps, low mood, and other symptoms!
If you suffer from arthritis, infectious diseases or cancer take 20-50,000 IU of vitamin D3 (with at least 800mg of magnesium two times a day) after breakfast until recovery or for not longer than 3 months (in case of flu or cold it may lead to recovery in only 1 to 3 days), to avoid overdosing and side effects. After that reduce to 5-10,000 IU per day. Mega doses of this vitamin often greatly speed up recovery.
Apart from magnesium also Vitamin K (vitamin K2 MK7 is the best supplement – based on fermented Natto) is important for proper absorption of vitamin D. Vitamin K improves absorption of vitamin D and prevents calcification caused by overdosing vitamin D. To maximize the benefits of vitamin D supplementation while also minimizing the potential risk of toxicity vitamin D should be taken with K2 (not K1). Vitamin K activates the MGP, a protein that helps direct calcium to the right places (bones) and lead calcium away from the undesirable areas (pineal gland, kidneys, joints or arteries) eliminating risk of hypercalcaemia and calcification of these organs. Apart from Vitamin K2 also Magnesium plays crucial role in proper conversion and absorption of Vitamin D.
– Take Magnesium of high bioavailability such as magnesium chloride oil spray (highly absorbed through the skin), magnesium citrate tablets or magnesium citrate in a pure powder form (my favourite) as it is free from binders and fillers: 200-400mg about or 1 teapoon of powder with breakfast and the same amount about 15-60 minutes before bed. Due to soil depletion and refined diet millions suffer from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it. Magnesium deficiency contributes to all health problems and it is almost impossible to detect it because it does not show up in blood tests as only 1% of the body’s magnesium is stored in the blood. Read more >
– Take 1,000-2,000mcg of B12 supplement only in the form of methylcobalamin (must be sublingual – dissolved under the tongue) every day only after breakfast. Vitamin B12 is the best vitamin to protect our nerves from being damaged by high blood sugar levels, toxins, statins and other factors. It is also an excellent energy booster and detoxifier. Deficiency of this vitamin is also very common. Read more >
– Take about 30-50 mg of Zinc after breakfast (or 15-30mg if you take multivitamin-mineral formula with 10-15 mg of zinc). Make sure your zinc formula includes about 1mg of copper. Other minerals and trace elements such as selenium, molybdenum, manganese, etc. you should have in a good multivitamin formula mentioned above.
– In mentioned above multivitamins you should have all other important vitamins, minerals and trace elements but due to so many ingredients some vitamins and minerals such as especially vitamin D, magnesium and vitamin B12 must be taken additionally even if they are present in multivitamin.
– Avoid iron and calcium supplements. If you have to take it choose only pure calcium citrate powder. If you are deficient in iron take chlorella, spirulina, moringa, wheat grass, spinach, or molasses.
– Have 2-3 Brazil nuts (soaked in clean water over night) per day, or often, to get Selenium >.
Like the above mentioned vitamins and minerals this element of the recovery plan is also extremely important and you must do your best to always practice it.
– Every day, about 30 minutes before breakfast, take 1-2 full tablespoons of mixture of super greens that should include some or all of the following (ideally organic) powders:
Chlorella, Spirulina, Barley grass, Wheat grass, Alfalfa, Moringa, Turmeric, Bee Pollen, and Maca (most important among them are Chlorella and Spirulina, plus either Barley grass or Wheat grass).
You may also buy them separately and mix at home. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture with warm water or a vegetable juice (the only good fruit juice you can use is a 100% grapefruit juice) about 30 minutes before breakfast.
If you don’t like powders or taste of the mixture you can have about 10-20 tablets (500mg each) of chlorella and 10-20 tablets of organic spirulina every day about 30 minutes before breakfast with 1-2 glasses of water, fresh vegetable juice or a smoothie. Super greens are excellent sources of best quality protein, chlorophyll, natural iron, iodine, EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and trace elements that are often missing in commercially grown foods.
Chlorella, Spirulina, Wheat grass (it’s gluten-free), and barley grass powder, like cold-pressed vegetable juices and raw vegetables, should be the most important and always present ingredients of your diet!
The above mentioned super foods can be taken two times a day but most important is to consume them before breakfast. If you take them before or instead of the second main meal (probably not later than 2pm) make sure you don’t do it too late as chlorophyll is a powerful energy booster and in case of some individuals it may make it more difficult to fall asleep.
– Take 1 teaspoon of fresh raw organic ground Turmeric two or three times a day with meals, or include turmeric in the mentioned above mixture of super foods. If you don’t like the taste take organic turmeric in vegan capsules at least 3 times 1-2 capsules with meals. According to some mind-boggling studies humble turmeric reversed memory loss in Alzheimer’s patients (although that treatment with turmeric took almost a year), gave better results in treating depression than Prozac, and unlike radiotherapy and chemotherapy was able to kill cancer stem cells!
– In order to make sure your intake of Omega-3 is sufficient, every day consume Chlorella and Spirulina because they contain both the animal (DHA/EPA) and plant based (ALA) omega 3 fatty acids. In addition, unlike fish oils, they are not contaminated with heavy metals (If you use omega 3 fish oil make sure it comes from molecularly distilled oil). In addition, take also one or two tablespoons of soaked (for at least 30 min. in water, plant milk or juice) Chia seeds and fresh ground Flaxseed with your meal. Both are the highest plant sources of ALA omega 3 fatty acids which in our body should be converted into DHA and EPA (if our body makes the required for the conversion enzyme).
– Drink 2 times a day 2 glasses of cold-pressed Vegetable Juice (mostly carrots, beets, and dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale) about 30 minutes before each meal, then start you meal with most healthy and nutritious foods. Fresh raw vegetable juices contain much higher concentration of nutrients than raw vegetable salads or smoothies as vegetables are high in fibre while juice is deprived of it. Therefore, one glass of carrot juice will contain all the nutrients found in approximately one kilo of raw carrots and those nutrients are much easier and quickly assimilated by the body.
– Every day, or often, eat fresh raw (not cooked) Sprouts (alfalfa sprouts, watercress sprouts, sunflower sprouts, etc.). Please keep in mind that some of them, such as bean sprouts, shouldn’t be consumed raw as they may contain irritating substances which are deactivated by cooking. Without it they may trigger a severe indigestion including heartburn. You must always steam them or cover them and fry for a short time (use lower temperature to avoid overheating them and destroying some of their healing properties).
PROBIOTICS FROM RAW SAUERKRAUT
– Make your own home-made raw Sauerkraut > (don’t buy it as it is heated) and have at least 1-2 tablespoons with meal every day as it is the highest natural source of extremely beneficial Probiotic Bacteria you desperately need in your intestines. Alternatively, you may take a good probiotic formula. But make sure it contains live bacteria that are stomach acid- and bile-resistant as majority of probiotic supplements and yogurts on the market contain dead bacteria or bacteria that are not able to survive in the stomach.
MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS
Take the following most powerful antioxidant supplements to slow down ageing process, prolong life, boost energy, protects and strengthen immune system, heart, nervous system and memory, increase fat and sugar metabolism, improve detoxification and liver function, prevent cancer, and more:
– Alpha-Lipoic Acid (600-1200mg a day): Very affective in reversing nerve damage in the body (especially when combined with sublingual methylcobalamin form of B12) such as peripheral neuropathy, diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc. It also helps prevent and treat diabetes, heart damage and cataract. It increases body levels of glutathione and CoQ10, improves skin condition, memory, removes heavy metals from the body and increases energy. Together with Acetyl L-Carnitine reduces sciatic pain caused by a herniated disc, lowers blood pressure and was able to improve vascular function in patients with coronary artery disease. Read more >
– Acetyl L-Carnitine (1 to 3g per day in divided doses): Like Alpha lipoic acid, it gives many benefits for the brain, nervous system, metabolism, heart, immune system, and blood sugar levels. In one study it imposed a huge energising and rejuvenating effect on ageing rats, and can do the same for ageing humans. It is even more effective when combined with Alpha lipoic acid and CoQ10. Rea more >
– NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) (500 to 1000mg a day): One experienced physician, who recommended this powerful antioxidant to his patients, wrote that “in certain cases, this supplement can make the difference between life and death.” Read more >
– Coenzyme Q10 (30-300mg a day with meals): Extremely important especially for the heart health and heart function. You must take 100-200mg per day if you are on statins as this drug causes huge deficiency of CoQ10! Deficiency of CoQ10 and Magnesium leads to heart failure and eventually to heart attack. Read more >
– Often consume foods which increase levels of Glutathione (king of all antioxidants): Asparagus, Okra, Garlic, Onions, Rice bran, Mangosteen, Chlorella, fresh Dandelion leaves and fresh Nettle leaves (rinsed with very hot water to prevent stinging), Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Maca, Turmeric, Lentils, Parsley leaves, Collard greens, Kale, Brazil nuts, Mustard greens, Radish, Turnip, Watercress, Bok Choy, Rosemary, Berries, Avocado, Peaches, Watermelon, Beets, etc.
Keep in mind that cooking (heating) reduces the glutathione content of vegetables by 30-60%! Canning is even worse as it almost completely destroys glutathione!
HERBS AND OTHER REMEDIES
– Below I also included list of my favourite and most effective natural remedies, herbs, and supplements you can successfully use to prevent and treat different health problems.
– Aloe Vera: Colon, stomach, immunity, detox, liver, inflammation, etc. Read more >
– Ashwaganda: Premature ejaculation, stress, sexual dysfunction, etc. Read more >
– Black Seed Oil: allergy, asthma, hay fever, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, autoimmune diseases, etc. Read more >
– Cayenne Pepper (Capsaicin): Inflammation, gastro-intestinal problems, immunity, etc. Read more >
– Chaga: Cancer, immune system, etc. Read more >
– Ginger: Nausea, digestive problems, immunity, colds, flu, morning sickness, inflammations, etc. Read more >
– Cat’s Claw: Cancer, weak immunity, frequent infections, etc. Read more >
– Centaurium (Centaury): Heartburn, indigestion, gas, bloating, etc. Read more >
– Charcoal: Poisoning, heartburn, indigestion, gas, bloating, diarrhoea, etc. Read more >
– Dandelion: Water retention, kidney function, detox, skin, etc. Read more >
– Essiac: Cancer, weak immunity, frequent infections, candida, etc. Read more >
– Ginkgo Biloba: Poor blood circulation in brain, legs and hands, cold feet and hands, poor memory, aged people, heart problems, oxygenates brain cells, erectile dysfunction (improves blood circulation in penis), low mood, etc. Read more >
– Ginseng: Adrenal fatigue, stress, energy, fatigue, memory, concentration, libido, stamina, etc. Read more >
– Clay (Green and Bentonite): Detox, gas, diarrhoea, bloating, poisoning, hair loss, skin problems, colon, etc. Read more >
– Holy Basil (Tulsi): Anxiety, low mood, irritability, detox, sleep problems, insomnia, etc. Read more >
– Hops: Irritability, nervousness, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, cancer, digestive problems, sex addictions, etc. Read more >
– Lemon Balm (Melissa): Irritability, nervousness, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, cancer, digestive problems, sex addictions, etc. Read more >
– Milk Thistle: Liver problems, detox, bloating, gas, indigestion, etc. Read more >
– MSM (form of sulphur): Arthritis, detox, hair, skin, immunity, cancer, etc. Read more >
– Mumio: Indigestion, gas, bloating, inflammation, immunity, hair, colon, skin, etc. Read more >
– Nettle: Diabetes, pancreas, regulates blood sugar levels, etc. Read more >
– Pau d’Arco: Candida overgrowth, cancer, weak immunity, stomach ulcer, diabetes, etc. Read more >
– Propolis: Bacterial and viral infections, weak immunity, stomach ulcer, inflammation, flu, cold, etc. Read more >
– Rhodiola: Adrenal fatigue, stress, energy, fatigue, memory, concentration, etc. Read more >
– Star Flower Oil and Evening Primrose Oil: Menopause, PMS, candida, nervous system, immunity, etc. Read more >
– Vitex (Agnus Castus, Chaste Berry): Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), low progesterone, menstrual pains, (works even better to support hormonal balance when combined with Magnesium, Vitamin B6 and B5), etc. Read more >
For external use the following are excellent for problems associated with skin, joints, gums, teeth, sex organs, anus, etc.:
– Charcoal (poultice): poisoning, stings, eye inflammation, skin inflammation, etc. Read more >
– Propolis cream or tincture (mixed with raw coconut oil or olive oil): Fungus, haemorrhoids, vaginal infections, candida, cuts, burns, skin damage, ear infections, gum inflammation, toothache, etc. Read more >
– Comfrey cream: Bruises, skin cuts, damaged skin, etc. Read more >
– Green Clay and Bentonite Clay: Skin cancer, skin ulcers, haemorrhoids, hair loss, psoriasis, etc. Read more >
– Magnesium Chloride oil spray: Excellent natural deodorant, muscle cramps, uterine cramps, etc. Read more >
– Aloe Vera gel or juice: cuts, burns, skin damage, bruises, etc. Read more >
– Ginger poultice: Arthritis, etc. Read more >
– Cayenne Pepper (Capsaicin): Arthritis, relieves pain, peripheral neuropathy (externally gives great results plus Alpha lipoic acid and sublingual Methylcobalamin internally), psoriasis (mixed with raw coconut oil), etc. Read more >
– Steamed Onion poultice: Ear infection (including children), etc. Read more >
– Potato (grated) poultice: Abscesses (boils), skin ulcers, leg ulcers, wounds, swollen eyelids, etc. Read more >
– Black Salve: Skin cancer, melanoma, skin ulcers, etc. Read more >
– Castor Oil: Hair loss, skin problems, scar tissue after surgeries, blocked fallopian tube, etc. Read more >
Your diet must include variety of unrefined plant products such as vegetables (mostly uncooked), fresh fruits, well-cooked legumes (pulses, beans), whole grains, and unroasted seeds and nuts.
– You can eat as much fresh and raw vegetables as you want (especially carrots, green leafy vegetables, and cabbage family), but if you prefer to cook them do it moderately or steam your vegetables. You will achieve much better results if your diet consists of at least 50% or even better up to 85% of raw (uncooked) and unprocessed plant foods (especially raw vegetables and raw vegetable juices).
– Include in your diet well-cooked wholegrain products, especially barley, millet, oats, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth.
– Instead of cow’s milk and dairy use plant-based milk substitutes and products such as unsweetened coconut milk, oat milk, almond milk, organic soya milk, Tofu, etc.
– Make soaked overnight and cooked pulses (beans, lentils, chick peas, etc.) your best source of protein.
– Each day have about a handful of one type of raw unsalted and unroasted soaked overnight in clean filtered water unroasted nuts or seeds (almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, ground sesame seeds, etc.), changing them every day.
– It is better to not eat any sweet and flavoured yogurts (especially based on cow’s milk) because of fat and sugar content. Instead, from time to time have some unsweetened soy yogurt and mix it with sweet fruits, seeds (or nuts), oat bran or another good source of fibre, and add some raisins, dates, or a little bit of raw honey.
EAT LESS OR AVOID
– Try to significantly reduce consumption of all foods that come from animals (meat, dairy, fish, etc.) or if possible switch to a totally plant-based (or at least mostly plant-based) unrefined diet eliminating the intake of all animal-based foods (dairy, meat products, and fish) as they contain too much protein, are packed with high-risk factors (cholesterol, triglycerides, dioxins, heavy metals, antibiotics, bacteria, virus, cancer cells, prions, etc.) and because they don’t contain fibre.
According to Professor Colin Campbell author of the bestselling book China Study, “The more you substitute plant foods for animal foods, the healthier you are likely to be.” The same scientist considers “veganism to be the ideal diet.” If you only reduce the consumption of animal products you may not see the positive results quickly which may lead to discouragement and resignation. However, when you decide to make radical changes in your diet and lifestyle you will see the positive results much quicker and thus gain stronger motivation to keep on following this excellent and optimal plan.
– Never use any animal fat and avoid also free plant fats such as refined oils or margarines. Instead use only moderate amounts of cold pressed coconut oil or flax seed oil.
– Never use refined salt but only Celtic salt, sea salt or Himalayan salt.
SUGAR AND BAD SWEETENERS
– Avoid foods containing refined sugar as it spoils your appetite, weakens your immune system and leads to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Don’t consume sweetened beverages and foods which are high in empty calories, refined sugar, white flour, and fat. Never use artificial sweeteners nor high glucose / high fructose syrup as they are more harmful than even refined sugar.
– Avoid drinking fruit juices because they have high glycaemic index due to the fact that they are deprived of fibre and are high in sugar. Drinking fruit juices between meals will also cause stomach to release some digestive enzymes thus reducing their amounts during meals and impairing digestion.
– Don’t eat overripe or unripe fruits, and avoid canned, fried, or frozen vegetables or fruits.
HEALTHY SUGAR REPLACEMENTS
– In case you have a sweet tooth try to substitute the unhealthy products with fresh and dried fruits (dates, raisins, figs, prunes, etc.). If you miss traditional dairy ice creams, which are very unhealthy, make your own delicious and healthy ice creams by blending frozen bananas or other frozen fruits. You can experiment adding some raw honey (or sweeten the ice cream with xylitol or stevia), coconut cream, lemon juice, plant-based milk, a little bit of carob powder, ground cashew or other nuts to improve the flavour.
– Always eat good breakfast and avoid skipping it as otherwise you will be tempted to snack between meals and eat more in the evening which is unhealthy and dangerous because the metabolism at night slows down. Make breakfast the largest meal while supper the lightest.
– Try to have only two meals a day with the second one not later than at 6:00 pm (if possible) remembering that any food consumed after 6 pm will tend to be stored as fat. If you must have the supper make it very light (only either vegetables or fruits). Vegetable juice would be the best option.
– Don’t eat between meals. If you are hungry drink warm water (or unsweetened herb teas) as it reduces appetite for at least 30 minutes.
– Avoid cooking and frying with any oil but if you have to use only coconut oil. Bake your food without any fat and then add some raw organic coconut oil or cold pressed flax oil if you wish.
– Avoid mayonnaise, pickled foods, vinegar, ketchup, mustard, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, pepper (black or red), cheese, soy sauce, baking soda, baking powder, or refined salt, because they tend to stimulate appetite and irritate the stomach and nervous system.
– Do not keep any junk refined foods at home as the accessibility to junk food encourage people to eat it.
– If possible you can try to fast one day each week from breakfast to breakfast, or skip one or two meals (not breakfast) one day a week as it will allow your digestive organs to rest and improve their functioning.
– Avoid eating fruits and vegetables at the same meal as it may lead to fermentation.
– Include uncooked carrots, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cauliflowers and other vegetables in your diet as they are low in calories, but high in fibre and essential nutrients. In this way your body will stop craving for more food in between meals as it will have enough nutrients. Raw cabbage reduces the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
REST AND SLEEP
– Sleep 7 to 9 hours each night and if possible go to bed before 10 pm because the more you sleep before midnight the more efficient your rest will be.
– Every week take one whole day of rest, according to the fourth commandment >
– Avoid overeating. In order to reduce appetite: Learn to control stress; Remember to drink 2 glasses of warm water between meals 3 times a day; 30 minutes before each meal drink 1 glass of cold pressed vegetable juice mixed with 1 or 2 teaspoons of spirulina or barley grass powder; Pray before each meal thanking God for the food and asking with faith for His strength to stop eating when you really should; Start each meal consuming big portion of fresh and raw vegetables; Always eat very slowly taking small bites and chewing food to a cream before swallowing. Doing this you will feel satisfied before eating too much.
– Avoid stimulants such as alcohol, caffeine (in coffee, guarana, chocolate, green tea, cola drinks, etc.), theophylline (in tea) or and theobromine (in cacao and chocolate) because although they appear to give you a short time energy boost yet it is only a borrowed energy, which means sooner or later you will have to pay for it with the loss of energy. And, as soon as you feel exhausted you it will force you to use stimulants again and again thus causing a vicious circle and addiction.
Apart from that, stimulants also weaken your immune system and lead to nutritional deficiencies and may contribute to depression and other health problems.
Don’t believe media promoting coffee and chocolate as beneficial for our health as those clames are based on studies that are sponsored by coffee and chocolate industry.
– Drink 3 times a day about 2-3 glasses of water (distilled or at least filtered) about 30 to 60 minutes before each meal or about 2 hours after. During hot days you need even more. Your urine should be transparent, if it is yellow it means you don’t drink enough water.
– As soon as you wake up in the morning, drink 2-3 glasses of water and exercise for at least 30-60 minutes. Brisk walking outside is the best exercise. In order to enable this diet to be more effectively used by your body you need to exercise on a regular basis. If you suffer from different heart conditions you even shouldn’t start with energetic exercise routine. In this case you need to change the diet first, keep in touch with your physician, continue taking your prescribed medication, and after some time start from short distance and slow walking routine, gradually and carefully increasing the pace and distance every day. Fast walking outside is the best type of exercise. If the weather is bad exercise at home. You can use exercise bike, mate, treadmill, Xbox Kinect games, etc. But please remember that aerobic exercises (outside in the open air) are the best. You need a minimum of 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity four to five times a week.
Alternative (contrast) hot and cold showers will give a tremendous boost to the blood circulation, improve metabolism, the elimination of toxins, and stimulate both the nervous and the immune system. Always start with hot shower and after about 3 – 5 minutes when your body is warm enough take a 3 – 5 min cold shower slowly reducing the temperature until it is really cold. After that, repeat this procedure alternating the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 3-5 times in a row. You can also start the whole treatment with hot shower followed by prolonged cold bath.
Another excellent and very simple water treatment is hot foot bath. Keeping your feet for about 30 minutes in hot water can be very helpful in boosting immunity and reducing congestion and pain from any area of the body. The very important benefit of water treatments such as hot foot bath is its ability to move blood from different parts of the body such as brain, chest, abdomen, etc. which is very helpful when the blood in brain and internal organs is congested, inflamed and often overloaded with toxins and impurities. It might be very beneficial in case of pain, sinusitis, headaches, cancer, arthritis, any inflammation or even fibromyalgia which is believed to be caused by too much blood in the brain which overstimulates the nervous system leading to increased sensitivity to pain.
If you are a diabetic use thermometer or ask someone to check the temperature as diabetics have lower sensitivity to heat and may burn themselves.
Find out more about HYDROTHERAPY >
– There is no scientific proof sun causes skin cancer. The opposite is true as the closer we get to the equator the lower the prevalence of skin cancer. If possible, remember to expose your uncovered body to the sun, especially during summer season between 10 am and 2 pm (15-30 minutes front and 15-30 minutes back at least 3-4 times a week) as sun rays transform your body cholesterol into vitamin D which is extremely vital for your health. Don’t take a shower after sunbathing (especially with soap) for as long as possible. Wash only armpits and intimate places. If you can’t do that you must take vitamin D supplements as deficiency of this vitamin is very dangerous.
SPIRITUAL, MORAL & EMOTIONAL EMPOWERMENT
Most of us know from experience that it is very difficult and often even impossible to control stress, overcome fear, anxiety and depression, or to become a positive-thinking person simply because those negative emotions and fears seem to be a part of our nature. The good news however is that many people claim to find inward peace and great improvement in emotional health as a result of daily heart-felt meditation and spiritual communion with a Higher Power. However, according to medical research this kind of spiritual approach is effective only when combined with a sincere faith in a powerful but at the same time loving and carrying God. On the other hand, believing in a demanding, punishing and vengeful God was associated with increased risk of depression and mental disorders.
Also thoughtful reading an uplifting spiritual literature such as the Gospel of John (found in the Bible), which presents God as always loving, saving, healing, forgiving, and self-sacrificing, is another great way to find inward peace, hope and happiness, if your reading is combined with true faith.
In case you lack strong will power, which is required to improve lifestyle, avoid junk food and stimulants, don’t forget about fervent daily prayers (not mantra-type or short but talk to God using own words until you fill His peaceful and empowering influence) and reading or listening to a good spiritual literature (such as the Bible, Desire of Ages > and “Ministry of Healing” > by Ellen G White available online free of charge). It will greatly increase the effectiveness of your improved diet and lifestyle.
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1Thessalonians 5:16-18);
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7, NIV).
Because from my own experience I know and remember how difficult it was, in my case, to change my eating habits and give up on junk food and stimulants using my own pathetic at that time will power, I recommend to you reading or listening to a book “Steps to Christ” > and Great Controversy > by Ellen White. If you carefully study all the information presented there and follow the steps, you will not only become victorious but will actually experience an inward peace and transformation which will enable you to enjoy your new lifestyle (including diet and regular physical activity).
EXTENDED VERSION OF HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved