Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
Shingles (herpes zoster) is a viral infection of a nerve and corresponding skin. A weakened immune system can make shingles more likely to occur and can also make symptoms of shingles worse.
Shingles are caused by the varicella-zoster virus – the same one that causes chickenpox. The condition occurs in approximately 10 percent of people who previously had chickenpox. In case of most of us, the virus remains dormant causing no issues. However, some people have their virus reactivated, especially at times when immune system becomes compromised by nutritional deficiencies, bad diet, use of antibiotics, stress, age, and unhealthy lifestyle.
It has been found that cortisone or antibiotics such as penicillin therapy used for another condition may activate shingles.
Even if a virus enters the body it was demonstrated that a strong immune system can easily handle the invasion. Therefore, the key cause of diseases triggered by viral infections is weakness of the immune system caused by the following possible factors:
– Regular use of illegal drugs and stimulant, diet high in refined sugar, cheese, pizza, milk and all dairy products, use of antibiotics and meds, insufficient number of good probiotic bacteria in the colon, alcohol, smoking, chronic stress, lack of vitamin D (sun), and nutritional deficiencies caused by refined unhealthy diet (especially zinc, magnesium and B12 deficiency).
– Vitamin D3 deficiency. There is a growing amount of research which suggests that a lack of vitamin D could be an important factor greatly contributing to weakness of the immune system and its inability to overcome viral infections. Almost every person in England is deficient in vitamin D which is very important also for human nervous and immune system. Read more about vitamin D >
– Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium deficiency.
– Toxins: Mercury (from dental fillings, tap water, fish, flu shots, etc.) lead, fluoride, and other toxins.
– Stress, anxiety and depression. A number of published papers have shown that stress and negative emotions contribute to inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases.
– Consumption of trans fats, margarine and bad oils (high in pro-inflammatory omega 6) and deficiency of omega 3 healthy fats high in foods such as Flax seed, Chia seed, etc..
– Bad lifestyle, unhealthy diet high in sugar, processed refined foods, nutritional deficiencies, artificial sweeteners, lack of exercise, stimulants, drugs, medication.
– Overconsumption of meat and dairy (especially heated) products.
– Gluten and heated animal protein (found especially in dairy).
Shingles occurs in approximately 2 of every 1,000 persons per year, increasing in incidence with age. In the U.S. alone, one in three people are affected by shingles at some point during lifetime.
Weakened immunity and age are the key risk factors. Shingles is a rare condition in childhood and it is most commonly seen in persons over age 50. Half of the people aged 85 experience at least one attack of shingles.
Risk of this disease is higher in persons with diabetes, malignant cancers and those on radiation, chemo therapy, immunosuppressant drugs such as cortisone or on antihistamines.
Any other factors that weaken immune system such as deficiency of vitamin D, zinc, selenium, magnesium, B vitamins, chronic stress, sedentary lifestyle, regular consumption of foods with refined sugar, white flour products, unhealthy fats, heated animal protein, dairy products, meat, stimulants, etc.
Shingles cause nerve pain, itching, fever and fluid-filled blisters. The skin lesions are characterized by small blisters filled with pale tan fluid surrounded by redness. The skin eruption develops with pain. After the skin lesions have cleared up entirely, the pain over the area often persists for months or even years, especially in older people.
Shingles most commonly develop on the chest. Sometimes they may be found on the head, causing headache. It may even involve the eye and cause blindness.
Shingles usually affect a small area of just one side of the body and pain is usually the common initial symptom. A few days later, a red rash can be seen, but not always as some people experience only pain without a rash.
A person may have more than one attack of shingles.
Shingles duration is most often between three to five weeks.
– The most important aspect of successful treatment is lifestyle and diet according to the recommendations listed in the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN > Please study it carefully and do your best to use the remedies and implement all the principles. If you manage to do it you will recover from this problem.
According to some sources the drug medications (especially cortisone) commonly used in treatment of shingles should not be used, because although they may reduce pain, there is a risk they may lead to a widespread scattering of the shingles and a fatal complication.
– Hot and cold alternative showers 2 x a day. See HYDROTHERAPY > Every day in the morning and evening you must take alternative hot and cold showers as it is one of the best ways to boost your immunity and weaken any virus. In addition it will improve circulation, elimination of toxins and will stimulate the nervous system. Start with hot shower, and after about 5 minutes when your body is warm enough take a short (3 min) cold shower slowly reducing the temperature. Then alternate the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 5-7 times in a row. Before using this treatment consult your physician first if you have any chronic health conditions especially if they are associated with heart. Find out more about HYDROTHERAPY >
– One of the most powerful remedies against upper respiratory diseases is Hot Foot Bath. Before bed keep your feet in hot water plus very cold compress on forehead and neck and a lot of water to drink as you should sweat a lot. VIDEO >
– Comfrey leaves or roots applied as a wash, poultice or ointment are excellent for shingles, bruising, sciatica, boils, rheumatism, neuralgia, varicose veins, bed sores, wounds, ulcers, insect bites, tumours, muscular pain, pulled tendons, gangrene, and dermatological conditions.
– During the time when blisters are present, the area should not be bandaged, except by a light gauze that may prevent staining of the clothing from the blisters.
– Applying a natural wet cloth over the area gives considerable comfort.
– Direct heat in the form of hot compresses or fomentations may be used to good advantage. The application of a heating pad can be very helpful.
– A charcoal compress applied over the skin lesions has been effective in reducing the likelihood of the dreaded post herpetic neuralgia.
– Exposing the infected area to the sun has been recommended as beneficial.
– In the acute stage, melted paraffin has been used, applied to the skin by a cotton sponge and allowed to harden while making successive applications of fresh liquid paraffin until a thick layer, one-quarter to one-third inch thick, has been accomplished.
– According to Uchee Pines Institute, post-herpetic neuralgia can be nicely treated by ice massage. The technique is quite simple. Place a towel in a position to catch the runoff water and hold a cube of ice in a wash cloth while gently rubbing the skin over the entire area back and forth, up and down, keeping the ice moving. After about 12-20 minutes the pain should be much relieved, and relief should continue for at least four hours, and in many cases, overnight. The ice massage may be repeated as often as 2 or 3 times daily, but is usually unnecessary more often than once in 24 hours.6 A paper or styrofoarn cup may be filled with water and frozen; this can be used in place of the ice cube. Just cut or peal away the bottom of the cup, then place this bottom portion on the top of the ice to protect your hand from the cold as you massage. Continue to peal away the bottom of the cup as the ice melts. Because of the tapered shape of the cup, the ice will not fall out the narrow bottom end. (source >)
– Another nice treatment for the post-herpetic neuralgia is the application of a tincture of cayenne. The daily application of this tincture will take up p substance, a neurotransmitter of the pain impulse. To make the tincture, place a quantity of cayenne pepper in a jar and then pour in enough rubbing alcohol to cover the pepper by one to two inches. Swirl the mixture daily for three weeks. At the end of this time, pour the alcohol into a clean jar and discard the pepper. Simply rub the resulting capsaicin-laden alcohol tincture over the area of pain daily until all symptoms cease. Be careful not to get this mixture in the eyes. (source >)
BLACK SEED OIL
Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa) contains thymol (found also in thyme essential oil), a natural monoterpene which is commonly used as a medical and general-purpose disinfectant to kill various viruses and bacteria, including TB.
Nigella sativa has been used with surprising results in alternative HIV protocols for years. This was a remarkable discovery, described by the researchers as follows: “Nigella sativa had been documented to possess many therapeutic functions in medicine but the least expected is sero-reversion in HIV infection which is very rare despite extensive therapy with highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART).” (>)
“Complete recovery and sero-reversion of adult HIV patient after the six months treatment with Nigella sativa.”
“Several repeats of the HIV tests remained sero-negative, aviraemia and normal CD4 count since 24 months without herbal therapy.” It means that two years after the treatment with Black seed was over there was no HIV nor antibodies against it found in the body and the helper T cell count (type of immune cells attacked by HIV) was normal!
“This case report reflects the fact that there are possible therapeutic agents in Nigella sativa that may effectively control HIV infection.”
Read more about HIV and AIDS >
According to a 2010 study Nigella sativa oil was effective in overcoming the Helicobacter pylori infections, which is known to contribute to stomach ulcers.
At the same time it appears to be able to kill MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
Nigella sativa seems to be effective in killing various multi-drug resistant bacteria known as “superbugs”. A study conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College researchers has evaluated how potent Nigella sativa oil is against some of these superbugs compared to antibiotics, such as Tetracycline, Amoxicillin, or Gatifloxacin. According to the study, “Out of 144 strains tested, most of which were resistant to a number of antibiotics, 97 were inhibited by the oil of black cumin.” (>) The researchers suggested that few things on the planet can boast this type of potency to pathogens as thymoquinone, thymohydroquinone and thymol found in black seed.
Read more about Black seed oil >
Neem leaf extract safely increases CD4 cell levels in patients with HIV/AIDS. In 2008 India successfully completed the phase two trial of a neem-based microbicide gel for women. Researchers hope the gel will help protect against vaginal transmission of HIV/Aids. Studies reported in 1992 and 1994 showed neem’s ability to enhance the cell-mediated immune response may be used to provide protection from vaginal contraction of the disease if neem is used as a vaginal lubricant preceding intercourse. AIDS may possibly be treated by ingesting neem leaf extracts or the whole leaf or by drinking a neem tea. Neem bark killed the AIDS virus in a preliminary 1993 in vitro study (Larson, 1993). A study in test tubes and petri dishes, not in people! Another 1993 in vitro study showed that neem bark and leaf extracts reduced the production of viral proteins in cells, indicating that neem may inhibit replication of the virus (Upadhyay et al, 1993). Studies reported in 1992 and 1994 (Beardsley,1992 and Caldwell, 1994) showed that neem stimulates cell-mediated immune response. Researchers suggested this may be used to protect against vaginal contraction of AIDS. (A very promising follow up study was reported in 2008, see below.)
A 2003 in vitro study showed that an acetone-water neem leaf extract can protect lymphocytes against invasion by HIV. Note that the extract protected 75% of the lymphocytes, not 100%. The same extract was used in 10 patients: 1000 mg neem leaf extract for 10 days improved the condition of patients, increasing haemoglobin concentrations, platelet count, CD4+ cell count and body weight. (Udeinya et al, 2003) Scientists have discovered that Neem, used for centuries by Indians to treat inflammation, fever and malaria, could help kill cancer cells.
TESTIMONIALS ON NEEM
“A friend of mine got healed just by taking 10 fresh leaves of neem for three months. He took three cups of tea of neem leaves boiled in one litre of water for 15 min. The HIV is nowhere to be found.”
“Hi everybody, The neem tree is a given gift of God. A friend of mine got healed just by taking 10 fresh neem leaves of for three months. He took three cups of tea of neem leaves, boiled in one liter of water for 15 min. You do not have to search any longer. The neem is the solution. People are getting healed, while I am writing to you now. Everybody is to have a neem tree in his house or planted in his garden. If you do not have seeds, you can buy some on the internet. This tree is wonderful; it can cure all the diseases causes by; viruses, bacteria, fungus. I have been healed from herpes 1 thanks to it. Believe you me; I am talking about things I know. I take It every day. God bless you.”
Colloidal silver >. According to Dr. Martin Hum, from the Institute for Optimum Nutrition, colloidal silver is one of the most effective and quickest natural remedies to stop viruses. It can be used as an anti-viral remedy for pneumonia, flu and cold, HIV/AIDS, herpes, shingles or warts. Colloidal silver has shown its ability to suffocate viruses and significantly weaken even the very stubborn HIV virus and its activity. There are also numerous testimonials written by individuals claiming colloidal silver’s effectiveness against the hepatitis C virus.
In one study researchers took 100 children (under the age of 12) with common cold and nasal congestion. Half of them were treated with a solution of colloidal silver and beta glucan, and the second half with saline solution. As a result both groups benefited from the treatments, but 90% of the colloidal silver group completely recovered! Colloidal silver spray or liquid can be applied directly into the throat and nasal cavity to effectively treat sinusitis and sore throat.
– Selenium boosts immunity and helps defend viral and bacterial infections, autoimmune diseases and allergies. For instance, in people who already contracted HIV, selenium has been shown to also be able to slow down the progression of the disease into AIDS. It was discovered that 200 micrograms of Selenium per day helps prevent viruses from replicating.
– Astragalus extract is regarded now as energy and immune system booster. A 2012 study displayed its ability to control T-helper cells 1 and 2, essentially regulating the body’s immune responses. As a result of taking astragalus extract the macrophages and the natural killer cells of the immune system have a markedly enhanced ability to fight intruders, including viruses, five- to six-fold!. It looks like no other herb can be more effective immune system stimulator than astragalus.According to Dr. Randy Horwitz, Medical Director at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, “Astragalus has been found to have both antiviral and immune-enhancing properties. Research shows that the 50 or so different compounds in astragalus work by stimulating immune cells, such as T-cells, phagocytes, and macrophages, to fight off disease. In Asia, it’s even given to cancer patients.” Astragalus – Like zinc, selenium, and vitamin D does not only makes immune system stronger but it also modulate immunity helping prevent leukocytes from attacking own body and reducing symptoms of inflammation as well as various autoimmune diseases.
– Propolis >. Due to its proven anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties Propolis can help prevent and shorten the duration of common respiratory diseases such as flu or cold. In one study a regular daily doses of propolis were given to a group of school children during the cold season. As a result the children treated with propolis had significantly fewer colds with acute or chronic symptoms. According to the results of another trial, the group of adults on propolis extract became free of cold symptoms two and half times faster than the control group. It was reported that Propolis improves the cellular immune response by increasing mRNA for interferon-γ and activating the production of cytokines.
– Garlic: Studies have demonstrated that garlic helps reduce the risk of flu or clods and may reduce the severity of symptoms. One study gave 146 volunteers either garlic supplements or a placebo for three months. The garlic group had a 63% lower risk of getting a cold, and their colds were also 70% shorter. Another study also concluded that colds were on average 60% shorter for subjects on garlic, compared to a placebo group. Their colds were also less severe.
– Siberian mixture of fermented garlic and lemon juice: I was given this recipe from my Polish colleague who spent some time in Siberia. It also lowers bad cholesterol and triglycerides, regulates blood sugar level and blood pressure, boosts immune system, and kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, candida, or cancer cells. In order to make this mixture you need two ingredients: fresh juice from 24 lemons and 400 grams of squeezed fresh raw garlic. Place both ingredients in a glass jar and mix them together. Cover the opening of the jar with a clean cloth and live it in a dark cool place for 14 days until the content ferments. After two weeks strain the fermented mixture pouring the liquid into smaller glass jars. Close them with lids and keep the jars in the fridge. Always shake before use and for insomnia take one teaspoon with a half glass of worm water about one hour before going to sleep. After one month of using the mixture take a 7 days break and after that you can start using it again. After using it for 3 months you will need a whole month break. In this way it shouldn’t lose its effectiveness.
– Cat’s Claw (bark and root) have been used by South Americans to treat conditions including inflamations, infections, cancers, fevers, stomach ulcers, digestive problems, or dysentery. Cat’s claw has also antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties (including HIV), and can helps get rid of herpes. This powerful herbal remedy is used to treat digestive problems such as ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, or colitis.
– Compounds found in Olive leaves kill pathogens and don’t allow viruses to cause an infection and replicate. According to a study conducted at the New York University School of Medicine olive leaf extracts reversed many HIV-1 infection-associated changes (>).
– Quercetin: Helps protect against influenza virus as it has been known to have antiviral benefits; Helps reduce inflammation and symptoms cold & flu.
– Oregano oil contains two compounds, carvacrol and thymol, that have powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is the carvacrol that treats viral infections, as well as allergies, cancers, parasites and inflammations. There are over 800 studies that give evidence about amazing health benefits of carvacrol.
– Ginger can kill viruses, bacteria, and yeasts accortding to numerous cellular studies. It not only soothes a sore throat, but can kill rhinoviruses (the cause of most colds) and stimulates immune system by increasing body temperature. Ginger also prevents the accumulation of toxins that make you susceptible to viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
– Maitake mushroom powder: A potent immune stimulant. According to a 2014 trial, “Immunomodulating glucans from Maitake and Shiitake mushrooms strongly stimulated both the cellular and humoral branch of immune reactions.”
– Echinacea: “Largest ever clinical study into Echinacea finds herbal remedy CAN protect against flu and colds… In majority of participants the recurring infections were cut by 60%… The duration of the illness suffered by patients also went down by an average of 26%… Researchers also found that Echinacea caused no adverse side effects in the participants.” Also a 2000 meta-analysis based on sixteen trials revealed that the majority of studies reported positive results for echinacea in the prevention and reduction of symptoms of the flu.
– Chlorella > and Spirulina > are very beneficial in AIDS and HIV infections and are effective in treating other viral infections such as hepatitis C. Scientists treated patients who suffered from chronic hepatitis C with Chlorella. After 3 months of treating patients with relatively small doses of Chlorella researchers discovered that the condition of 70% of the patients significantly improved.
– Cayenne Pepper: The following is a passage taken from the Complete Handbook of Cayenne Home Remedies by Dr. Patrick Quillin, Director of the Rational Healing Institute with a doctorate degree in nutrition: “It’s known to stop a heart attack, lower blood sugar in diabetics, normalize blood pressure, stop bleeding in seconds, improve circulation, prevent motion sickness – even halt the common cold! Again and again, the therapeutic value of cayenne pepper has been medically validated! Scientific evidence also indicates that cayenne pepper can be effective in treating allergies, indigestion, abscesses, tonsillitis, kidney problems, sore muscles, nose bleeds, bursitis, psoriasis, shingles, night blindness and much more!
Many individuals also report significant relief from using cayenne (capsaicin) topically in the form of cream, oil or poultice for various inflammatory conditions including shingles, arthritis, joint pain, or back pain.
– Zinc: 30 to 50mg a day after breakfast (should be with Selenium and Copper). Zinc required for strong immune system. In a zinc deficient body immune system is not able to overcome viral infection. Deficiency can cause gastrointestinal system to malfunction (for example, without zinc proteins can’t be properly digested), so foods aren’t completely digested. These food particles can then be absorbed into bloodstream where body misidentifies them as antigens and then produces antibodies against them weakening immune system.
Zinc inhibits influenza & cold viruses; Taking Zinc at the start of a cold or flu helps minimise duration and severity of symptoms. In 2014 meta-analysis of 67 studies researchers have found that zinc is the best supplement for warding off colds and flu! According to the 2013 study, “Zinc (lozenges) administered within 24 hours of onset of symptoms reduces the duration of symptoms.”
– Take good quality probiotic formulas as inflammations, weakness of the immune system and autoimmune diseases are linked with the deficiency of the probiotic bacteria in the gut.
– Vitamin B12: 1,000 to 2,000 mcg a day under the tongue (must be sublingual Methylcobalamin!). This vitamin is involved in the production of white blood cells which are responsible to deal with viral infections and many people with inflammations, weak immune system and autoimmune diseases have low levels of this most important vitamin. Read a fascinating article on B12 >
– Vitamin D3 >: 50,000 IU every day after breakfast until recovery or not more than a month. After that reduce to 10,000 IU a day. Recently researchers investigated and compared data from 25 studies on vitamin D that involved 10,000 people to explore the effect of vitamin D in preventing cold, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. Their conclusion suggests vitamin D supplementation was very beneficial in preventing respiratory tract infections. According to the NHS new guidelines on vitamin D, everyone should consider taking vitamin D supplements during the winter months: “… The advice is to consider taking vitamin D supplements because it is difficult to get enough from food alone.”
– Magnesium plays important role in proper conversion and absorption of vitamin D. Therefore, in cases where large doses of vitamin D don’t seem to work the true problem is magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is necessary to activate all the enzymes that metabolize vitamin D. Magnesium deficiency causes vitamin D to be stored and inactive. Unfortunately, almost all people are now deficient in magnesium due to soil depletion, chronic stress, use of stimulants, refined diet, etc.
Another requirement for proper absorption of vitamin D is 100–200 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (Derived from Natural Natto) every day. To maximize the benefits of vitamin D supplementation while also minimizing the potential risk of toxicity vitamin D should be taken with K2. Vitamin K activates the MGP, a protein that helps direct calcium to the right places (bones) and lead calcium away from the undesirable areas (pineal gland, kidneys and arteries) eliminating risk of hypercalcemia and calcification of these organs.
– Rutin: Contains anti-inflammatory properties; Useful in alleviating the symptoms of respiratory infections such as runny nose.
– Vitamin C: Being an antioxidant Vitamin C helps maintain strong immune system by protecting it against oxidative damage caused by free radicals: “Vitamin C is known as an essential anti-oxidant and enzymatic co-factor for hormone production, collagen synthesis and immune potentiation.”
According to Linus Pauling, “Effectiveness of ascorbic acid in providing protection against viral diseases results from its function in the synthesis and activity of interferon in preventing the entry of virus particles into the cells… For many people 1000 mg to 2000 mg of Vitamin C per day is the optimum rate of ingestion.“
A 2013 research maintains that, “Vitamin C Is an Essential Factor on the Anti-viral Immune Responses through the Production of Interferon-α/β at the Initial Stage of Influenza Virus Infection.”
To prevent flu and reduce its symptoms, apart from vitamin C, also zinc and vitamin D3 are recommended for better results.
– Boost Glutathione levels which is a most powerful of all antioxidants and strengthens the immune system and is one of the most effective remedies against inflammations . It boosts body’s ability to modulate and regulate the immune system. It is also important to provide body with ingredients that increase glutathione production in the liver by taking turmeric, milk thistle, L-cysteine or NAC (N-acetyl cysteine), Alpha Lipoic Acid, bilberry, vitamin C, asparagus, broccoli, peaches, avocado, spinach, garlic, squash, grapefruit.
NUTRITIONAL AND LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
– Don’t use stimulants such as caffeine products or alcohol.
– Learn to control stress and always think positive! Never think negative and get rid of anxiety and fear as all negative feelings have very bad effect on immune system and increase chances of developing diseases triggered by viral infections! In the beautiful book „Ministry of Healing” Ellen G. White wrote that, “The sick, shut within four walls, look out on houses and pavements, with perhaps not even a glimpse of blue sky or sunshine, of grass or flower or tree. Shut up in this way, they brood over their suffering and sorrow, and become a prey to their own sad thoughts. The pure air, the glad sunshine, the flowers and trees, and outdoor exercise amid these surroundings, are health- and life-giving. Outdoor life is the only remedy that many need. It has a wonderful power to heal diseases caused by the excitements and excesses of fashionable life, a life that weakens and destroys the powers of body, mind, and soul. How glad would they be to sit in the open air, rejoice in the sunshine, and breathe the fragrance of tree and flower! There are life-giving properties in the balsam of the pine, in the fragrance of the cedar and the fir, and other trees also have properties that are health restoring. In nature may always be found something to divert the attention of the sick from themselves and direct their thoughts to God. The beauty of nature leads them to think of the heavenly home, where there will be nothing to mar the loveliness, nothing to taint or destroy, nothing to cause disease or death.”
– Increase Serotonin! We know that serotonin is very important in fighting depression, fatigue, or insomnia. Serotonin is the “feel good” hormone and neurotransmitter which helps us regulate moods and use good judgement. Unfortunately, the older we get the less serotonin we tend to produce. Dr. Carolyn Meltzer’s research has demonstrated that with age serotonin receptors decrease by over 50%. People who struggle with overweight, obesity, and depression, those who commit serious crime as well as people who commit suicide have very low level of this extremely important hormone. Unfortunately, if you don’t have enough of serotonin or when the number of serotonin receptors is low then it leads to depression. Serotonin deficiency can be caused by sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activity), insufficient light during the day, refined and low in nutrients diet, use of stimulants (alcohol, nicotine, coffee, tea, cola drinks, chocolate and other caffeine products), or insufficient amount of sleep.
– Exercise in the morning outside to boost serotonin!
– Increase consumption of foods high in Tryptophan (to boost serotonin): 5-HTP, cooked organic soy beans, organic Tofu, beans, lentils, ground sesame, tahini, humus, etc.
– Light therapy. Expose your body to sunlight whenever it is possible or use strong light imitating sunlight.
– Go to sleep as early as possible. Try to sleep at least seven or eight hours a day.
– Avoid foods with refined sugar as it makes leukocytes behave like drunken soldiers. Also white flour products weaken immune system because they are quickly converted to sugar. Instead of sugar and other harmful sweeteners you can use xylitol, erythritol, stevia or organic raw honey in moderation.
– Avoid eating foods rich in refined sugar and other refined carbohydrates such as white flour products (body turn white flour into blood sugar) as they weaken immune system that help fight off infection.
– Avoid all artificial sweeteners! Artificial sweeteners can usually be identified by many different names such as sucralose, saccharin, or aspartame (Splenda, Equal, Sweet n Low). There are almost a hundred side effects listed by the FDA, including depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, memory loss, nerve cell damage, Alzheimer’s, migraines, reproductive disorders, brain lesions, weight gain, food cravings, seizures and more.”
– Avoid high glucose/fructose syrup (HFCS).
– Avoid monosodium glutamate (MSG).
– Do not consume Agave syrup since as it is almost all fructose. Your blood sugar will spike just as it would if you were consuming regular sugar or HFCS. Agave’s rise in popularity is due to a great marketing campaign, but any health benefits present in the original agave plant are processed out.
– Switch to a well-balanced plant-based and unrefined diet with plenty of raw vegetable juices and raw vegetable salads.
– The only oil to use is raw organic coconut oil as it can kill virus and bacteria.
– Avoid or significantly reduce consumption of cheese, pizza, meat, bad fats & dairy. They weaken immune system and are mucus producing making symptoms worse.
– Unrefined plant diet of raw fresh vegetable juices, smoothies, salads while avoiding bad fats, sugar, stimulants, milk, dairy, meat, and all refined foods are helpful.
– Permanent scarring of the skin and permanent muscle weakness and neuralgia are occasional complications of shingles. The extent, duration, and dissemination of lesions in shingles are inversely related to the amount of interferon found in the vesicles, and this affects the course of the disease. The more interferon the better. Anything that will increase the effectiveness of the immune system, such as exercise, a simple diet-even fasting a meal or two, freedom from stress, heat treatments, a cold mitten friction treatment, healthful clothing warm and loose, and an abundance of fresh air, water and sunshine, should help produce interferon. (source >)
– Drink 8-10 glasses of clean water per day between meals as adequate hydration is the key to flushing out the toxins from the infected body.
– Every day eat raw garlic and onions as they have antiviral properties and can help boost immune function.
SPIRITUAL ASPECT OF TREATMENT
– Learn to control stress, depression and anxiety by positive thinking, frequent smiling and laughter exercises, taking care of others, helping people in need, going for a walk, enjoying life and the beauty of nature. In this way you will boost good hormones, program cells to live longer, build new strong neural pathways, greatly reduce the number of free radicals, and greatly boost your immune system. As a result those smart and intelligent tiny soldiers (leukocytes) will protect and fight for you with HIV like Kamikazes.
Unfortunately, from experience we know that for most of us it is very difficult and often even impossible to control stress, overcome fear, anxiety and depression, or to become a positive thinking person simply because those negative emotions and fears are so deeply rooted and even seem to be a part of our nature. Sometimes we even feel like slaves of those negative attitudes and bad emotions.
And that is the very reason I included on my website a very special, unique and even most important section called EMPOWERMENT >. So please read it carefully and then study also another article – the GOSPEL OF FREEDOM >, which is even more significant as it reveals the secret of finding the only source of true inward peace which according to Apostle Paul “surpasses all knowledge” and which can “guard (protect) our hearts and minds (emotions)”. Combined with true strong faith this message will lead you to freedom from negative emotions such as anxiety or existential fears (one of the key source of deadly free radicals). It will also empower you with moral strength necessary to overcome long-cultivated bad habits or addictions, often impossible for us to defeat on our own. Finally, this unique and most wonderful Good News of the Gospel will also give you a new strength and a powerful motivation to not only practice but also enjoy the new and very healthy way of life.
– Read also: DEPRESSION & SEROTONIN >
– Linus Pauling, Vitamin C and the Common Cold, p. 38, 84
– Yejin Kim, Hyemin Kim, Seyeon Bae, et al (2013) Immune Netw. 2013 Apr; 13(2): 70–74
– The Telegraph, G. Michael Allan, MD and Bruce Arroll, MB ChB PhD (2014) Prevention and treatment of the common cold: making sense of the evidence. 28 Jan 2014 CMAJ. 2014 Feb 18
– Singh M1, Das RR (2013) Zinc for the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Jun 18;(6)
– V Vetvicka, J Vetvickova (2014) Immune-enhancing effects of Maitake.
– Propolis: Otolaryngologia Polska 1989;43(3):180-4.
– Propolis: Isr Med Assoc J 2002 Nov;4(11 Suppl):923-7.
– Propolis: Int Immunopharmacol. 2004 Jul;4(7):975-82.
– Propolis: Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007 Mar 15;116(1-2):79-84.
– Echinacea: Daily Mail 10/10/2012
– Melchart D, Linde K, Fischer P (2000) Echinacea for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD000530.
– Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data. BMJ 2017; 356 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6583 (Published 15 February 2017): http://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.i658
– NHS: The new guidelines on vitamin D – what you need to know, Thursday July 21 2016: https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/the-new-guidelines-on-vitamin-d-what-you-need-to-know/
– Nantz MP1, Rowe CA, Muller CE, Creasy RA, Stanilka JM, Percival SS. (2016). Supplementation with aged garlic extract improves both NK and γδ-T cell function and reduces the severity of cold and flu symptoms: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled nutrition intervention. Clin Nutr. 2012 Jun;31(3):337-44. doi: 10.1016/j.clnu.2011.11.019. Epub 2012 Jan 24.
– Josling P1. (2001). Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. Adv Ther. 2001 Jul-Aug;18(4):189-93.
– Astragalus: https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-cold-remedy-that-actually-works-20160316
Share this website to bring relief to the suffering!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved