MUSCLE WEAKNESS & PAIN
Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
There are many possible causes of muscle weakness including deficiency of magnesium, potasium, vitamin D, iron, zinc, calcium, B vitamins, essential amino acids, as well as various conditions such as underactive thyroid and other thyroid problems, fibromylagia, myasthenia gravis, neuralgia, diabetes (chronic high blood sugar levels), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), muscular atrophies, etc.
If your muscle weakness is due to various conditions (such as MYASTHENIA >, FIBROMYALGIA >, etc.), go to the DISEASES section, find the name of the disease that is responsible for causing the symptom, read and treat it accordingly.
– Ashwagandha: Athletes need emotional support as their profession is usually very stressful and leads to adrenal fatigue, low mood and sleep problems. Therefore, adaptogenic herbs such as Ashwagandha or Rhodiola can be very beneficial for them.
There are athletes who maintain that after few weeks of taking high enough doses of Ashwagandha and Rhodiola they managed to improve their mental health and slept much better.
Ashwagandha increases athletic endurance, muscle mass, muscle strength & regeneration. 57 resistance trainers were given either a placebo or 300mg of Ashwagandha extract twice a day for 2 months. As a result, muscle strength & endurance improved in the Ashwagandha group by 30 to 50%; Arm muscles were 5cm larger in the placebo group and 9cm larger in Ashwagandha group; Chest muscles were 1.5cm larger in the placebo group and 3.5cm larger in Ashwagandha group. Ashwagandha also improved muscle recovery time & reduced muscle damage, significantly increased testosterone levels compared to placebo group, and produced significantly greater loss of body fat (>, >, >).
In another study Ashwagandha doubled the swimming performance in rats and prevented decrease of adrenal cortisol & vitamin C (which occur due to swimming stress) (>).
Proper cognitive function of the brain, focus and response time are also important aspects of athletic and sport performance. In one controlled study, healthy men on a daily dose of 500mg of standardized Ashwagandha extract experienced significant improvement in their reaction time and task performance (>). According to a 2-month study 50 adult subjects on 300mg of Ashwagandha root extract twice daily significantly improved general memory, task performance and attention (>).
– Vitamin D -Some individuals with muscle weakness or pain have no further symptoms when treated with Vitamin D deficiency and when they maintain their 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels at more than 30 ng/ml.
Vitamin D literally saved athletes in the NFL as without supplementing this vitamin they constantly struggled with muscle problems. In addition, vitamin D is extremely important for the immune system and bone health. Vitamin D is known as a muscle hormone. While in most collision sports there is an increased risk of fractures, improved muscle function excites athletes far more than bone health. It is important to know that almost all people are deficient in vitamin D and that dark-skinned and black individuals are at even higher risk of the deficiency.
While taking vitamin D3 supplements always remember to take also well absorbed magnesium (such as citrate) as vitamin D supplements lead to magnesium deficiency over time. In addition if you do not have enough magnesium in your body vitamin D will be useless and will not help you at all. In most cases supplementation with magnesium is necessary as most people today are deficient in this precious mineral due to soil depletion and other factors.
Take at least 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day with meal. But since deficiency of this vitamin is so widespread (even in hot countries) it would be better to take 10,000 to 30,000 IU a day with meals with appropriate doses of magnesium reducing the daily dosage to 5-10,000 after 2-3 months. Another requirement for proper absorption of vitamin D is 200-400 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (Derived from Natural Natto) a day. Instead of supplementing vitamin K you can get it from leafy greens. Read more about vitamin D > and Vitamin K >
– Since Magnesium deficiency is rampant today due to soil depletion, refined diet, stress and other factors, you need to take good quality Magnesium (such as magnesium citrate – 2 times 150-300mg) as magnesium relaxes all muscles including also heart muscle, stomach, intestines, colon, uterus, etc. thus helping prevent heart attacks, reducing stomach, colon or uterine cramps.
Millions suffer from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it. Magnesium deficiency is often misdiagnosed because it does not show up in blood tests as only 1% of the body’s magnesium is stored in the blood. According to Dr. Norman Shealy, “Every known illness is associated with a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency may be responsible for more diseases than any other nutrient.” Dosage: Try to use a good quality magnesium of high bioavailability such as Magnesium citrate (powder by Viridian): 2 x 400mg 60 min before breakfast and about 1 – 3 hours before bed. If you take high doses of vitamin D3 you need 2 x 800mg (2 x 1 teaspoon).
Dosage: Magnesium citrate or another well absorbed magnesium (not sulfate): 2 times a day 200-400 mg between meals. The more vitamin D3 is used the more magnesium must be taken as D3 leads to magnesium deficiency. If you decide to take magnesium make sure you start from low dosages and increase gradually.
More facts about Magnesium >
– Externally use Magnesium Chloride oil spray on painful muscles as it speeds up muscle healing after a sports injury. It can be used for any muscle cramps or sore muscles. Immediate application of magnesium oil can instantly reduce a muscle cramp. You can add magnesium oil to your bath but in this case it’s easier to add the flakes instead of first making magnesium oil. Use at least 1/2 cup magnesium chloride flakes per bath.
– Vitamin B12 – Another extremely important nutrient to prevent and treat muscle weakness and pain seems to be also Vitamin B12 as it very effective in preventing neurological damage in the body caused, for instance, by statins, high blood sugar levels, toxins, and other factors. Vitamin B12 deficiency is regarded as rampant today (not only among vegans and elderly people) and that includes also people consuming animal foods. For this reason it is very wise to take this vitamin in the form of supplements. The most effective form of vitamin B12 is sublingual methylcobalamin. Unfortunately, the very common and inexpensive cyanocobalamin is difficult for the body to absorb, and the small amount that is absorbed usually fails to ﬁnd its way into the cells. As a result, many people who take large doses of cyanocobalamin continue to be deficient in the vitamin. Depending on your diet, lifestyle and all the mentioned above factors which may influence the absorption of vitamin B12 I would recommend taking about 2000 mcg of active vitamin B12 supplement (in the form of sublingual methylcobalamin) a day only with breakfast. Find out more fascinating facts about vitamin B12 >
– Thiamine (Vitamin B1) is essential in our body for the production of neurotransmitter acetylcholine used to send messages between nerves and muscles.
– Chlorella – Boost energy, regenerate damaged nerves and muscles, and detoxify your body from mercury by taking high doses of Chlorella!
READ MORE: CHLORELLA >
– Spirulina is another super algae that is very beneficial for athletes. A double-blind study found that spirulina increased the time people could train before they became exhausted. It also significantly reduced skeletal muscle damage and increased antioxidants in the body decreasing free radical damage. Another study has shown that spirulina could significantly improve time to fatigue in a 2 hour moderate intensity run. It also improved fat burning by 11%, and it improved exercise antioxidant status. The main difference between chlorella and spirulina is that chlorella is higher in chlorophyll (better energy booster) and more effective in detoxifying and regenerating the body while spirulina is higher in protein and nutrients. However, both are very high in chlorophyll and protein. Consuming both, or even better combined with barley grass, seems to be the best way to go. Mix all 3 ingredients in equal amounts and take 2-3 tablespoons 30 minutes before breakfast and 1-2 tablespoons before the second meal but not later than at 3-4 pm as they increase energy for many hours and therefore may interfere with sleep (if you take them too late). >
– Beetroot has also shown to reduce the maximum volume of oxygen needed during exercise, improved time-trial performance in trained cyclists and running performance in healthy adults. Scientists explain that beetroot helps to improve athletic performance mainly through the vasodilatation (widening) of the blood vessels and through reducing the need for oxygen consumption by muscles. For best results eat raw beet salads and drink 500ml to 1 litre of fresh raw beetroot juice.
– Good quality multivitamin-mineral formula (high in B vitamins): 1 tablet after breakfast. Please do not buy cheap formulas as their potency is very low and they contain only short list of inorganic ingredients. It must be a good quality formula such as Healthy Mega (HealthAid), VM75 (Solgar) or Special Two (NOW Foods) which are an excellent multi-vitamin and mineral formulas fortified with alfalfa powder, rutin, citrus bioflavonoids, bromelain, herbs, digestive enzymes and many other super nutrients. If your diet is very healthy and you stay away from refined foods, sugar and stimulants then take only 1/2 tablet after breakfast.
– Since Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folate) play very important role in dealing with muscle problems. Get B complex with one of the previously mentioned good quality multivitamin-mineral formulas which are high in B vitamins.
– Raw organic Coconut oil (1-3 tablespoons per day with meals) is popular among athletes because it is rich in healthy fatty acids, boosts testosterone, helps build muscles, is good for the brain, helps increase endurance and reduces body fat. Organic virgin coconut oil contains about 50% Medium-Chain Fatty-Acids (MCFA’s), which are converted by the liver into energy, allowing the body to use the fat for fuel immediately , rather than storing it in fat cells. Taken before workout with food, coconut oil is therefore an excellent source of quick sustained energy – perfect for athletes. Research indicates that coconut oil increases levels of testosterone which is the key hormone responsible for muscle growth, and in men, it peaks in the early 20s and subsequently starts to go down with age. According to a 2014 research paper Coconut oil shows huge increase in growth hormone production 30-90 minutes after consumption! Coconut oil is thermogenic which means body uses its fat to generate heat and warm up muscles, which is vital for any athlete to prevent injury. That is one of the reasons why so many of them use coconut oil. One of them once said, “My diet is full of MCT rich coconut oil and it’s helping me to maximise training and recovery.” A human study found that MCTs from coconut oil reduced body’s reliance on carbohydrates as a source of energy and lowered the amount of lactate produced during intense exercise, leading to greater exercise endurance. Read more >
– Alpha lipoic acid: 2 times a day 300-600mg. Alpha lipoic acid has proven its ability to prevent oxidative stress caused by radicals and other factors in nerve tissue. It helps to maintain high glutathione levels. Current research also reveals protective effects of alpha lipoic acid in neuropathy, excitotoxic amino acid brain injury, mitochondrial dysfunction, and other causes of damage to muscle, neural or brain tissue.
– Replenishing Glutathione (king of all antioxidants) is completely necessary for anyone suffering from muscle problems. The best ways to increase glutathione is by going on a mostly raw vegan unrefined diet and taking supplements and herbal remedies: NAC, Alpha Lipoic acid, Turmeric, Chlorella, Methylcobalamin, Milk thistle, etc.
– Vitamin B6: 50mg a day with meal.
– Zinc (such as citrate or picolinate): 15-30mg a day after meal. Zinc also aids in repairing tissues after exercise and plays a key role in hormone production, including testosterone, which is essential for building lean muscle mass. Unfortunately, like it is in case of vitamin D or magnesium, deficiency of zinc is a huge problem today due to soil depletion, stress, use of stimulants and refined diet. Make sure you take zinc with 0.5-1mg of copper. Zinc raises the levels of three important anabolic hormones in the body: growth hormone (GH), testosterone and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1). Low levels of zinc correlate with lower levels of testosterone, which can greatly affect strength, body fat, and recovery. According to a study, both serum total testosterone and serum free testosterone were increased after intense training in cyclists as a result of supplementing zinc for one month. Research has also shown increased levels of GH & IGF-1 after intense exercise. Following strenuous exercise, these increases in testosterone, GH, and IGF-1 levels result in increased muscle building, improved recovery time, and increased strength in both men and women. Zinc supplements may cause nausea so take them after main meals such as breakfast. I have tried various types of zinc and it seems in my case only zinc citrate doesn’t induce nausea.
– Omega 3 from fresh ground flax seed and soaked overnight chia seeds give long energy. Since Omega 3 is anti-inflammatory it really soothes aching muscles.
– Good Probiotic formula: with meals (2-3 x higher doses than recommended, for first month).
– Take supplements with Biotin. Like other B vitamins, biotin benefits muscle function, energy levels, health of the nervous system, cognitive functions and mood, due to its role as a neurotransmitter.
– Barley grass powder is a super food which is very high in vitamins and minerals and is also rich in energy boosting chlorophyll which has also anti-inflammatory properties. It can be regarded as complete protein food as it contains all 8 of the essential amino acids. Barley grass powder dissolves in water or a juice making it easy to assimilate its many active ingredients including vitamin B1, B2, B6, vitamin C, folate, Pantothenic acid, Potassium, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Phosphorus, or Manganese. It is estimated that it may contain 10 times more calcium than milk, 40 times more vitamin B2 than lettuce, and 5 times the iron of spinach. Feedbacks from barley grass users: “Barley grass is awesome! My grandfather takes it daily and runs marathons”; “The most well-known barley grass enzyme is superoxide dismutase (SOD). Many athletes take this well-known antioxidant to counteract the large amounts of free radicals which are produced by aerobic exercise”; “Barley grass powder helps to restore the alkaline balance in the body. Human blood must remain slightly alkaline in order for red blood cells to carry their maximum oxygen load”; “Barley grass powder slows down ageing process, boosts energy, and improves muscle-building”.
– Tart Cherry is very important for the post exercise lactic acid elimination from muscles. Tart cherry juice has also shown to reduce inflammation, muscle damage and pain, increase cycling economy and maximum strength following high-intensity exercise.
– Athletes use Bee Pollen and Royal Jelly to increase energy and endurance. The coach of the very successful Finnish track team from the 1972 Olympics, claimed that most of the athletes on the team consumed bee pollen. She also said that “studies show it significantly improves performance with no negative side effects.” A two year, double blind, placebo controlled study showed bee pollen shortens recovery time after intense exercise, increased recovery time of heart rate and blood pressure. The runners who took bee pollen performed much better than the control group while performing repeated intense efforts. Bee pollen is 25% protein and have a very high ORAC score (anti-oxidant levels). It is very important as antioxidants protect muscles from the oxidation that occurs with intense training. Make sure you get only organic bee pollen. Like propolis and royal jelly, pollen also boosts immunity. According to one study, swimmers who took pollen were more resistant to infections and healthy and they missed only 4 training days, as opposed to the ones taking placebo, who missed 27 days. In another study athletes who took 10 g pollen twice a day, had increased performance and the value of haemoglobin in their blood.
– Read carefully and do your best to implement all the principles and recommendations included in the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN >
– Completely exclude meat, milk and all dairy products from your diet because they contain compounds which can initiate autoimmune response. Switch to a totally plant-based (vegan) unrefined diet eliminating the intake of all animal-based foods (dairy, meat products, and fish) as they contain too much protein, are packed with high-risk factors (cholesterol, triglycerides, dioxins, heavy metals, antibiotics, bacteria, virus, cancer cells, prions, etc.) and because they don’t contain fibre.
According to Professor Colin Campbell the author of the famous China Study, “The more you substitute plant foods for animal foods, the healthier you are likely to be.” The same scientist considers “veganism to be the ideal diet.”
If you only reduce the consumption of animal products you may not see the clear positive results and you definitely wont see them quickly which may lead to discouragement and resignation. However, when you decide to make radical changes in your diet and lifestyle and go on totally plant-based unrefined diet you will see the positive results much quicker and thus gain stronger motivation to keep on following this excellent nutritional approach.
Because careful analysis of past and present scientific research inspires every honest seeker of truth to conclude that the consumption of animal foods greatly increases the risk of most dangerous diseases (including MG) I’ve been always recommending a completely plant-based diet. However, if you feel like it would be too great a sacrifice for you to avoid all meat and dairy products, please don’t give up on all ideas presented in the pages to follow because you will still be able to reduce weight even if your diet will include moderate amounts of wisely chosen animal foods.
Nevertheless, I hope that after you carefully study the whole content of this book you will be strongly motivated and willing to make more radical changes in your diet and lifestyle, all the more since you don’t have to become a strict vegetarian overnight but you can change your diet gradually. And the most convenient way of doing it is not so much by removing all the unhealthy foods but rather by adding the high in fibre and nutrients plant products. In this way you will be gradually improving your diet and reducing the consumption of the low quality refined and high in fat and sugar processed foods. By following the instructions and recipes included in this book, you will significantly increase the percentage of high-nutrient foods and as a result you will start losing weight and will greatly improve your health as well as the physical and emotional well-being. At the same time you will reduce chances of developing serious diseases or even significantly increase probability of recovering in case you already suffer from one of them. However, if you, decide to make more radical changes in your diet and lifestyle you will see the positive results much quicker and thus gain stronger motivation to keep on following this excellent and optimal recovery plan.
I am aware that initially it might appear to you challenging or difficult to implement all those principles but please do not give up and try to repeatedly study the whole content of this recovery plan on a regular basis making sure you experience a systematic progress in practicing all the included principles. The more of them you manage to implement the better results you will see:
- Avoid Amalgam (silver) fillings (remove if possible). Read more >
- Detoxify brain and body from Mercury, Fluoride, Lead, etc. using Vegatable juices, Charcoal, Milk thistle, Methylcobalamin, Tulsi tea, and especially Chlorella >
- Drink only Distilled or Filtered water (use Reverse osmosis filter) >
- Go on Hallelujah diet or plant-based unrefined diet (at least 50% raw)
- Eat variety of raw sprouts
- Use only raw organic Coconut oil. For salad dressing use only cold pressed Olive oil, Flax oil
- Avoid all Stimulants (alcohol, smoking, caffeine, cannabis, drugs, etc.)
- Treat Diabetes & Inflammatory diseases
In addition, read carefully and do your best to implement all the principles and recommendations included in the HEALTH RECOVERY PLAN >
– Many patients say that it has observed an improvement after going on a gluten-free diet.
– Never use any animal fat and avoid also free plant fats such as refined oils or margarines. Instead use only moderate amounts of cold pressed coconut oil, olive oil or flax seed oil. For cooking use only coconut oil as olive oils having low smoke point would produce free radicals being heated. Apart from animal fats found in dairy and meat products also great majority of popular plat fats such as refined oils or margarines are very unhealthy and greatly contribute to the development of insulin resistance, cancer, fatigue, etc. Those bad plant fats include especially trans fats found in margarine and polyunsaturated fats found in the following oils: corn oil, sunflower oil, soy oil, etc. Because they all are high in Omega 6 pro-inflammatory fatty acids.
– Avoid foods containing refined sugar as it spoils your appetite, is more addictive than cocaine, weakens your immune system, and leads to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Sugar rots teeth, disrupts digestion, feeds anxiety and depression and attaches to collagen causing our skin to age, line and wrinkle prematurely. The more sugar you eat, the more your body has to make internal fat to wrap the sugar in and keep it away from your vital organs. However, sugar makes people not only fat and ugly but also depressed or aggressive as a result of causing nutritional deficiencies and overgrowth of Candida albicans which uses sugar to make dangerous brain-damaging neurotoxin acetaldehyde. In case of sugar cravings take 2 x a day 1 tab of Bio-Chromium (Pharma Nord) as its bioavailability (absorption) is 10 times higher than that of regular chromium supplements. Apart from chromium also potassium is important to cope with sugar cravings. In order to have more potassium you need to consume about 7 cups of raw vegetable salad every day.
– If you tend to struggle with having a sweet tooth try to substitute the unhealthy products with fresh and dried fruits (dates, raisins, figs, prunes, etc.). If you miss traditional dairy ice creams, which are very unhealthy, make your own delicious and healthy ice creams by blending frozen bananas or other frozen fruits. You can experiment adding some raw honey (or sweeten the ice cream with xylitol or stevia), soya crème, lemon juice, plant-based milk, a little bit of carob powder, ground cashew or other nuts to improve the flavour.
– Don’t consume sweetened beverages and foods which are high in empty calories, refined sugar, white flour, and fat. Never use artificial sweeteners nor high glucose or high fructose syrup as they are more harmful than even refined sugar.
– Your vegan diet must include variety of unrefined plant products such as vegetables (mostly uncooked), fresh fruits, well-cooked legumes (pulses, beans), whole grains, and unroasted soaked overnight seeds and nuts.
– You can eat as much fresh and raw vegetables as you want (especially carrots, green leafy vegetables, and cabbage family), but if you prefer to cook them do it moderately or steam your vegetables. You will achieve much better results if your diet consists of at least 50% up to 85% of raw (uncooked) and unprocessed plant foods (especially raw vegetables and raw vegetable juices).
– Unrefined plant-based diet will lead to detoxification of the body and thus may result in some unpleasant symptoms such as headaches, nausea, rashes, pimples, diarrhoea or constipation, fatigue, etc. The healing process may also shortly increase pain or other symptoms which were felt in the diseased area of the body. If you experience these side effects, which are usually mild, don’t give up as they should disappear after a week or so and you will begin to feel much better than ever before.
– Include in your diet whole grain products, especially barley, millet, oats, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth.
– Drink 2 glasses of cold-pressed vegetable juice (mostly carrots and green leafy vegetables) about 30 minutes before each meal, then start you meal with most healthy and nutritious foods.
– Avoid drinking fruit juices because they have high glycaemic index due to the fact that they are deprived of fibre and are high in sugar. Drinking fruit juices between meals will also cause stomach to release some digestive enzymes thus reducing their amounts during meals and impairing digestion.
– Make soaked overnight and cooked pulses (beans, lentils, chick peas, etc.) your best source of protein.
– Each day have a about a handful of one type of raw unsalted and unroasted soaked overnight nuts or seeds (ground sesame seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc.), changing them every day.
– Don’t eat overripe or unripe fruits, and avoid canned, fried, or frozen vegetables or fruits.
– It is better to not eat any sweet and flavoured yogurts (especially based on cow’s milk) because of fat and sugar content. Instead, from time to time have some unsweetened soy yogurt and mix it with sweet fruits, seeds (or nuts), oat bran or another good source of fibre, and add some raisins, dates, or a little bit of raw honey.
– Always eat good breakfast and avoid skipping it as otherwise you will be tempted to snack between meals and eat more in the evening which is unhealthy and dangerous because the metabolism at night slows down. Make breakfast the largest meal while supper the lightest.
– Try to have only two meals a day with the second one not later than 5:00 pm (if possible) remembering that any food consumed after 5 pm will tend to be stored as fat. If you must have the supper make it very light (only either vegetables or fruits). Vegetable juice would be the best option.
– Don’t eat between meals. If you are hungry warm water (or unsweetened herb teas) as it reduces appetite for about 30 minutes
– Never use refined salt but only Celtic salt (regarded as most healthy), Himalayan (pink, rock) salt or sea salt.
– Avoid stimulants such as alcohol, caffeine (in coffee, chocolate, green tea, cola drinks, etc.), theophylline (in tea) or and theobromine (in cacao and chocolate) because although they appear to give you a short time energy boost yet it is only a borrowed energy, which means sooner or later you will have to pay for it with the loss of energy. And, as soon as you feel exhausted you it will force you to use stimulants again and again thus causing a vicious circle and addiction. Apart from that stimulants also weaken your immune system and lead to nutritional deficiencies and may contribute to depression and other health problems.
Dr. John Minton of Ohio State University discovered that the primary causes of breast cancer in women are coffee, tea, colas and other caffeinated foods and drinks. Dr. Minton eliminated caffeine and theobromine (chocolate, cocoa) from the diet of women with breast lumps and gave them a diet that consisted primarily of organically-grown plant foods. As a result, pain, swelling and lumps disappeared within two to six months.
– Avoid overeating. In order to reduce appetite: Learn to control stress; Remember to drink 2 glasses of warm water between meals 3 times a day; 30 minutes before each meal drink 1 glass of cold pressed vegetable juice mixed with 1 or 2 teaspoons of spirulina or barley grass powder; Pray before each meal thanking God for the food and asking with faith for His strength to stop eating when you really should; Start each meal consuming big portion of fresh and raw vegetables; Always eat very slowly taking small bites and chewing food to a cream before swallowing. Doing this you will feel satisfied before eating too much.
– Avoid mayonnaise, pickled foods, vinegar, ketchup, mustard, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, pepper (black or red), cheese, soy sauce, baking powder, or refined salt, because they tend to stimulate appetite and irritate the stomach and nervous system.
– Do not keep any junk refined foods at home as the accessibility to junk food encourage people to eat it.
– Fast one day each week from breakfast to breakfast, or skip one or two meals (not breakfast) one day a week as it will allow your digestive organs to rest and improve their functioning.
– Avoid eating fruits and vegetables at the same meal as it may lead to fermentation.
– Include uncooked carrots, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cauliflowers and other vegetables in your diet as they are low in calories, but high in fibre and essential nutrients. In this way your body will stop craving for more food in between meals as it will have enough nutrients. Raw cabbage reduces the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
– Never fry your foods but cook or bake them without oil.
– Instead of microwave use halogen oven.
– If possible and needed in your case try to include some of the most effective natural remedies, herbs, and supplements such as: Alpha-lipoic acid, Acetyl L-carnitine, NAC, Moringa, Charcoal, Green clay, Bee pollen, Bee propolis, Cat’s Claw, Pau d’Arco, Turmeric, Evening primrose oil, Hawthorn, Coenzyme Q10, Rhodiola, MSM (sulphur), Devil’s claw, Oat bran, Aloe vera, Noni juice, Goji berries, etc. Contact us if you are not sure which one to use in your case.
– Sleep 7 to 9 hours each night and go to bed before 10 pm because the more you sleep before midnight the more efficient your rest will be.
– Drink 3 times a day 2 or 3 glasses of distilled (or at least filtered) water about 30 to 60 minutes before each meal or about 2 hours after. During hot days you need even more. Your urine should be transparent, if it is yellow it means you don’t drink enough water.
The best way to obtain safe drinking water is distillation. I believe this method is even better than reverse osmosis because it not only removes all contaminants but also all dangerous inorganic minerals from water. In addition, water distillers are not expensive (I bought mine for only £50), easier to use and more economic. Distillation is most effective because it removes the water from the contaminants, rather than trying to remove the contaminants from the water.
Read more about DISTILLED WATER >
– Please read carefully the most important section of this website titled the “GOSPEL OF FREEDOM” and also the “MOTIVATION and EMPOWERMENT“. It reveals the secret of finding the only source of true inward peace which “surpasses all knowledge”.
Combined with true faith this message will lead you to freedom from negative emotions such as anxiety or existential fears (one of the key sources of deadly free radicals). It will empower you with moral strength necessary to overcome long-cultivated bad habits or addictions often impossible to defeat on our own. This unique and most wonderful good news of the gospel will give you a powerful motivation to not only practice but also enjoy your new and very healthy way of life.
HYDROTHERAPY (WATER TREATMENTS)
Alternative (contrast) hot and cold showers will give a tremendous boost to the blood circulation, improve muscle function, metabolism, the elimination of toxins, and stimulate both the nervous and the immune system.
Always start with hot shower and after about 3 – 5 minutes when your body is warm enough take a 3 – 5 min cold shower slowly reducing the temperature until it is really cold. After that, repeat this procedure alternating the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 3-5 times in a row. You can also start the whole treatment with hot shower followed by prolonged cold bath.
Cold water stimulates blood to flow toward the internal organs whereas the hot water directs blood toward the skin. Hot water enlarges blood vessels while cold water causes them to shrink. Therefore, the alternating hot and cold makes the circulation move in and out like an accordion. This has the effect of increasing the rate of detoxification and moving nutrients more readily to various parts of the body. Hot and cold showers can be taken 1 to 2 times a day.
The cold shower or bath, which is even more beneficial than hot, will not harm you if you precede it with good hot shower. Cold water by cooling our body forces it to burn more calories by activating the brown fat which boosts fat burning. Brown fat can play a very important role in controlling body weight because it is a heat-generating type of fat which burns energy instead of storing it. Although it is called “fat” it actually works more like a muscle than fat.
Apart from cold also hot treatments such as sauna can be beneficial in treating inflammations, infectious diseases, skin problems, poor blood circulation, obesity, etc. as it boosts immune system and helps in eliminating toxins from our body. In addition it is also effective in removing excess fat which can be explained by the fact that fats become water-soluble when they are exposed to the temperature higher than 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit) thus forcing the body to eliminate the excess fat together with water during the process of sweating triggered by sauna or another prolonged hot treatment such as hot foot bath, hot shower, etc.
Sauna is recommend especially after exercising.
Also remember that sauna must be frequently interrupted with cold showers. Apart from that, during any prolonged hot treatment a cold compress on the forehead and neck should be applied constantly.
If you experience any health problems please consult the use of sauna and other prolonged hot or cold treatments with your physician.
Find out more about HYDROTHERAPY >
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved
Share this article!