ABDOMINAL ADHESIONS (SCAR TISSUE) AFTER MYOMECTOMY AND OTHER SURGERIES
Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
Myomectomies and other abdominal surgeries are notorious for causing adhesions. Surgical adhesions (scar tissue) are formed between tissues and organs during the healing process. It is a common complication of abdominal surgery (including myomectomies) that affects 90 percent of patients. Normally, tissues and organs have smooth surfaces that allow them to slide against each other but when adhesions form tissues and organs stick together causing pain, infertility and other problems. Abdominal adhesions are scar tissues that cause internal organs to stick together instead of move freely as they are intended to. Another complication of adhesions is bowel obstructions leading to constipation. Food and waste products are not being able to pass through the intestines properly because intestines can be deformed by adhesions or pushed out of their normal place.
The medical solution to adhesions is another surgery, which can cause more adhesions. Fortunately there are natural remedies that can be used to treat abdominal adhesions but they require patience.
– Scar tissue (adhesions) can be treated with daily massage of the area (watch video >)
Apart from massage do the following every day:
– Warm up the area of scar tissue with a hot water bottle or compress for about 3-5 minutes (heat helps to loosen the fibres of scar tissue). After 3-5 minutes apply a very cold compress or icepack for about 3 minutes and continue hot and cold applications alternatively for about 30 minutes. For better results, you can keep your feet in a container with hot water.
– Wrap a compress soaked with castor oil and keep on the affected area for at least 2 hours (the longer the better). It will help to break up adhesions (scars). Castor oil packs reduce pain and inflammation. Used regularly over time castor oil packs reduce scar tissue. In order to convert this pack into a poultice, cover the castor oil cloth with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a bandage to secure the castor oil pack to your abdomen. Apply a hot water bottle or a heating pad as heat will help the castor oil penetrate the skin. Use the castor oil pack for at least 2 hours or even better overnight. Do not use a heating pad overnight. Do it for seven days and repeat the treatment for another seven days after three days break. Women should not do this during menstruation. Sleep on old towels to prevent staining bed. You do not need to make a new castor oil pack each day. If you use this treatment for several months, start with a fresh pack each month.
– Drink more water between meals (3 glasses 3 times a day).
– Take Serrapeptase internally – at least 120,000 -240,000 IU mg every day for 3-6 months. Serrapeptase is the best and most effective natural remedy able to effectively dissolve scar tissue. It dissolves non-living tissue. It can be bought at health food stores and online. Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme (breaks down proteins into amino acids). Although the enzyme is found in silk worms, they are not used in the production of commercially available Serrapeptase supplements. It is extracted from Serratia bacteria. Since Serrapeptase is a very effective anti-fibrotic enzyme, it is used to treat arthritis, clogged arteries, inflammations, gall stones, scar tissue and numerous other conditions, including hormonal imbalance and menstrual problems in women. Serrapeptase is also regarded by many as the strongest natural pain killer which, unlike synthetic ones, does not cause side effect. It is used to soothe back pain, all types of arthritis, fibromyalgia, carpel tunnel syndrome, sinusitis, or headaches. As far as safety of using Serrapeptase is concerned there are individuals who take high doses for years without any side effects: “I am now 67 and have been taking as much as 240,000IU for the last 13 years on a daily basis. I am convinced that my excellent health is partly as a result of using this product.” (source >) Read more about Serrapeptase >
– Comfrey tea internally and externally in the form of a compress. Comfrey is an amazing herb known for its ability to heal tissue. Used regularly it has been known to heal even old scar tissue. To make Comfrey Adhesion Tea, add 1 tablespoon of comfrey leaf or root to 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and steep for 15-30 minutes. Strain and drink every day and use some for an overnight compress.
– Myrrh internally.
– If adhesions cause chronic constipation, try to implement principles from my article on CONSTIPATION > and it is necessary for you to make an ENEMA (watch the video below) every other day or at least 3 times a week. If constipation is resistant you must do the enema to prevent colon cancer and other conditions such as leaky gut syndrome, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, haemorrhoids, hiatus hernia, etc. (How to do enema VIDEO >)
HYDROTHERAPY (WATER TREATMENTS)
Alternative (contrast) hot and cold showers can help eliminate scar tissue and will give a tremendous boost to the blood circulation, improve metabolism, the elimination of toxins, and stimulate both the nervous and the immune system.
Always start with hot shower and after about 3 – 5 minutes when your body is warm enough take a 3 – 5 min cold shower slowly reducing the temperature until it is really cold. After that, repeat this procedure alternating the flow of water from hot to cold, back and forth 3-5 times in a row. You can also start the whole treatment with a hot shower followed by a prolonged cold bath.
Cold water stimulates blood to flow toward the internal organs whereas the hot water directs blood toward the skin. Hot water enlarges blood vessels while cold water causes them to shrink. Therefore, the alternating hot and cold makes the circulation move in and out like an accordion. This has the effect of increasing the rate of detoxification and moving nutrients more readily to various parts of the body. Hot and cold showers can be taken 1 to 2 times a day.
The cold shower or bath, which is even more beneficial than hot, will not harm you if you precede it with a good hot shower. Cold water by cooling our body forces it to burn more calories by activating the brown fat which boosts fat burning. Brown fat can play a very important role in controlling body weight because it is a heat-generating type of fat which burns energy instead of storing it. Although it is called “fat” it actually works more like a muscle than fat.
Apart from cold also hot treatments such as sauna can be beneficial in treating inflammations, infectious diseases, skin problems, poor blood circulation, obesity, etc. as it boosts the immune system and helps in eliminating toxins from our body. In addition, it is also effective in removing excess fat which can be explained by the fact that fats become water-soluble when they are exposed to the temperature higher than 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit) thus forcing the body to eliminate the excess fat together with water during the process of sweating triggered by sauna or another prolonged hot treatment such as hot foot bath, hot shower, etc.
Sauna is recommended especially after exercising.
If your main goal is to lose more fat it is suggested that you should drink a lot of water (1 to 2 litres) about 30 to 60 minutes before sauna and 30 minutes after but not during the time you stay in sauna.
Also remember that although sauna or other hot treatments can be beneficial and help to lose weight it must be frequently interrupted with cold showers. Apart from that, during any prolonged hot treatment a cold compress on the forehead and neck should be applied constantly.
If you experience any health problems please consult the use of sauna and other prolonged hot or cold treatments with your physician.
Find out more about HYDROTHERAPY >
Share this article!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved