Although overweight and obesity is much more common problem today I often meat people who ask how to gain weight as their body weight is below normal.
POSSIBLE CAUSES OF UNDERWEIGHT
– Fast metabolism.
– Fast eating without chewing food properly and long enough.
– Deficiency of digestive enzymes and stomach acid. It leads to poor digestion and absorption of fats, proteins and carbs.
– Gluten sensitivity.
– Intestinal parasites.
– Candida albicans overgrowth.
– Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid).
– Zinc deficiency (without zinc protein digestion is disturbed).
– IBS and Crohn’s disease may also lead to weight loss.
– Bulimia or Anorexia.
– Cancer and other chronic conditions.
First of all, do your best to find out whether you suffer from any of the above listed conditions. If you do go to the DISEASES. Find appropriate subject and deal with the problem according to the information and recommendations included there.
In addition, try to implement the following principles:
– Select high in calorie yet healthy foods such as: organic nut butters, soaked overnight in water nuts and seeds (Brazil nuts, cashew nuts, etc.), cold-pressed olive oil and cold-pressed flax oil (avoid other oils and fats), avocados are excellent, pulses, soya beans, Tofu, bananas, dried fruits instead of products containing refined sugar, etc. If you eat meat and dairy use only meat and dairy from grass-fed animals.
– Take good quality digestive enzyme formulas (they must include betaine and pancreatin, as deficiency of these enzymes is a frequent cause of underweight). Pancreatin is needed as its deficiency causes poor digestion and leads to weight loss. Candida (which may cause underweight) thrives in a lack of digestive enzymes, especially pancreatin and betaine, leading to weight loss.
– Use good quality probiotic formula to increase number of good bacteria in your colon and the condition of intestines. It will improve the absorption of fats, proteins and carbs.
– Take 1 heaped teaspoon of Bee pollen (“the only perfect food on earth” with meals. Use it alternatively with Royal jelly. “Orally, bee pollen is used for general nutrition, as an appetite stimulant, to improve stamina and athletic performance, for premature aging, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), hay fever or allergic rhinitis, mouth sores, rheumatism, painful urination, prostate conditions, and radiation sickness. It is also used orally for weight loss and obesity, bleeding problems including coughing or vomiting blood, bloody diarrhoea, nosebleed, cerebral haemorrhage, and menstrual problems. Bee pollen is also used for gastrointestinal (GI) problems including constipation, diarrhoea, enteritis, colitis, as a general tonic, diuretic, and for alcohol intoxication. Topically, bee pollen is used for skin care in skin softening products, and for treating eczema, pustular eruptions, and diaper rash.”
– Heal, detoxify and regenerate your gastrointestinal tract and whole body by taking Chlorella, Spirulina and other super foods. Use them alternatively. Go to “Remedies” and read about them in “Super foods”.
– Take good quality multivitamin-mineral formula after breakfast.
– Mix ground fenugreek with raw honey or Manuka honey and take 1 teaspoon of the mixture before every meal. In my former country (Poland) some farmers often mixed some fenugreek with food to fatten animals as fenugreek was improving absorption of protein and fat. Apart from that, fenugreek is very healthy and gives many benefits.
– Take 20 to 50 mg of Zinc after breakfast as zinc deficiency is very common today and without this mineral protein can’t be properly digested. Lack of zinc may also contribute to allergic reactions and gluten sensitivity. Gluten sensitivity and allergies contribute to inflammation of the intestine which disturbs proper absorption of macronutrients.
– You may also use Centaurium tincture as it is the best herb to regulate acidity of stomach and improve digestion.
– Learn to control stress.
– Eat your food very slowly and always at the same time! Do not eat more than three meals a day. Just try to eat more healthy caloric foods during those three meals. In this way your stomach and gastrointestinal tract will have some time to rest and regenerate themselves and the digestion and absorption will be improved. If you consume many meals a day, as some suggest, your gastrointestinal tract never rests and won’t work efficiently!
– Eliminate gluten and sugar from your diet!
TO IMPROVE APPETITE USE:
– Bee pollen and Royal jelly.
– Take 200 to 400 mg of Magnesium as poor appetite may be caused by magnesium deficiency!
– Spirulina, Chlorella
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved