By Slawomir Gromadzki, MPH
Peripheral Neuropathy (PN) is a result of damage to peripheral nerves. It causes numbness and burning pain, usually in feet and hands. It can also affect other areas of your body.
– Peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage) is often caused by chronically high blood sugar and diabetes as too much glucose in the blood damages small blood vessels. As a result they are unable to provide nutrients to the nerve cells leading to their death and burning pain.
– Gluten sensitivity or intolerance may contribute to PN: Neuropathy associated with gluten sensitivity >
– The condition is also common among cancer suffers.
– Malnutrition, alcohol abuse, autoimmune disorders (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.), chemotherapy, radiotherapy and some other conditions and factors can trigger PN as well.
– The most common symptom of Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) deficiency seems to be a burning feet syndrome.
– Since Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) and antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid are most effective in protecting nerves from damage, their deficiency can be one of the key causes of PN.
– Metformin contributes to PN by causing B12 deficiency.
– Statins. Apart from prolonged high blood sugar levels, also extremely popular cholesterol lowering drags statins often lead to peripheral neuropathy. Statins damage small blood vessels. As a result they are unable to provide nutrients to the nerve cells leading to their death and burning pain. There are many studies that proved it. Here is the title of an article based on one of those studies (published in 2011): “Cholesterol Lowering Statins Found To Damage Peripheral Nerves!”
To prevent PN all people on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs should be encouraged to take at least Vitamin B12 (in the form of sublingual Methylcobalamin) and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Often the nerve damage caused by high sugar levels and statins are so profound that the condition is regarded as incurable or irreversible. But the good news is that this diagnosis doesn’t have to be true as I personally know at least four individuals who were diagnosed with irreversible peripheral neuropathy and yet they recovered from it after improving their lifestyle, diet, and using some very effective supplements and herbal remedies (listed below) I have recommended.
This condition can be prevented and successfully treated by taking certain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (listed below). There are about 20 different herbal remedies, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants and super foods that can prevent and treat PN. The most important are the following:
– Alpha Lipoic Acid (2 x 300-600 mg per day). Alpha lipoic acid has proven its ability to prevent oxidative stress caused by radicals and other factors in nerve tissue. It helps to maintain high glutathione levels which are found to be depleted in individuals diagnosed with neurological conditions. Current research also reveals protective effects of alpha lipoic acid in neuropathy, excitotoxic amino acid brain injury, mitochondrial dysfunction, and other causes of damage to neural or brain tissue.
– Vitamin B12 (must be not Cyanocobalamin but in the form of sublingual Methylcobalamin – 2000-3000 mcg after breakfast).
– Acetyl-l-carnitine (2 x 300-600 mg per day) is another excellent remedy to treat PN:
– Organic Chlorella (1 heaped tablespoon 2 x a day 30 minutes before breakfast and before lunch) contains nucleic acids DNA and RNA believed to help reverse neurological damage. Since Chlorella is a powerful detoxifier and energy booster it is better to start with a smaller dose such as 1 teaspoon or 3 tablets 30 minutes before breakfast and the same amount 30 minutes before lunch with 2 glasses of water, vegetable juice or smoothie. Then gradually increase the intake every day (by approximately 1 tablet) until reaching the maximum dose of 2 or 3 heaped tablespoons or 10 – 20 tablets (500mg) 30 min before breakfast and the same amount 30 min before lunch. Altogether you can take 2-6 round tablespoons or about 20-40 tablets (500mg per tablet) of chlorella a day. The dose of course also depends on age and body weight. After three months instead of Chlorella use Spirulina or even better Clean Greens (Pukka) for a month or two and then come back to Chlorella.
– Magnesium citrate or bisglycinate (2 x 150mg in the morning and evening)
– Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU after breakfast): The severity of peripheral neuropathy is associated with lower vitamin D levels >
– Vitamin K2 (MK-7) (200-400mcg with breakfast)
– Good quality Multivitamin (high in B Complex, zinc, and selenium) such as Healthy Mega (HealthAid), Vm-75 (Solgar), Special Two (NOW), etc.
– Because Cayenne Pepper boosts peripheral circulation it is one of the best remedies against peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage caused by use of statins, chronic high blood sugar levels, and deficiency of vitamin B12). Apart from using cayenne pepper internally (3 x a day half teaspoon or 10 drops of tincture), in order to quickly recover from peripheral neuropathy, also apply a cayenne pepper external poultice (compress) to the affected area (usually feet). For still better results take also alpha lipoic acid, chlorella and sublingual methylcobalamin, as these 3 are most effective in reversing neurological damage.
CAYENNE POULTICE ON FEET TO TREAT PN IS A WONDERFUL REMEDY (WATCH EXCELLENT VIDEO BELOW)
In addition to the above poultice every day in the morning and evening you must keep your feet in hot water for about 1 minute and icy water for about 30 seconds and do it alternatively about 5 times. This treatment will greatly improve blood circulation to the feet and significantly shorten the recovery time. However, since the feet of people with PN may be less sensitive to hot to prevent burning first check temperature of hot water with your fingers or elbow. Read more about water treatments >
IMPORTANT: I know that there are many supplements listed in this article that can help in peripheral neuropathy and you wonder which ones you should chose. Most important according to my knowledge and experience are the Methylcobalamin, Acetyl-l-carnitine and Alpha lipoic acid. But if you want the effect to be seen quicker I would add Magnesium citrate, high doses of Vitamin D3, and a good quality Multivitamin-mineral formula such as Healthy Mega (HealthAid) containing zinc and high-strength B vitamins. It would be also ideal to add Chlorella to this combination.
At the same time read carefully the Health Recovery Plan and do your must to implement all the principles until recovery. Most important, make sure every day you include in your diet: Fresh cold-pressed vegetable juices, fresh raw sprouts, and raw vegetable salads. In addition, you must avoid or significantly reduce intake of all animal foods (meat, dairy), sugar, refined foods, processed foods, stimulants (coffee, tea, other caffeinated products, chocolate, alcohol, smoking etc.).
Eventually, as a result of implementing the Health Recovery Plan including improved lifestyle and use of the powerful natural remedies, supplements and phytochemicals (listed above), after one to three months all those who suffered from that regarded as incurable condition recovered and were completely free from pain. In case of one of them the problem was so severe that he couldn’t even walk so he sent his daughter asking for help in reducing pain. After one month he himself came to our shop perfectly pain free. Another person suffered from peripheral neuropathy for many years and initially was very sceptical toward the treatment. He told me he didn’t believe he could recover as he suffered from that problem for a very long time and was brainwashed with the idea that it was incurable. However, eventually also he completely recovered after few months.
In case your Peripheral neuropathy is resistant to this treatment go on HALLELUJAH DIET for about 6 months and at the same time keep on using the above mentioned remedies and recommendations.
If your blood sugar is higher than normal address the problem according to the description included in DIABETES >
– In order to detoxify your body from mercury take high doses of chlorella!
READ MORE: CHLORELLA >
You must take Vitamin D3 because almost all people in the UK are deficient in Vitamin D! While using vitamin D3 supplements always remember to take also well absorbed magnesium (such as citrate) as vitamin D supplements lead to magnesium deficiency over time. If you can’t afford higher doses take at least 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day with meal. But since deficiency of this vitamin is so widespread (especially in the UK) it would be better to take 20,000 to 30,000 IU a day with meals with appropriate doses of magnesium. Children need lower doses of D3 of course. Another requirement for proper absorption of vitamin D is 200 mcg of Vitamin K2 MK-7 (Derived from Natural Natto) a day. Read more about vitamin D >
The most important way of obtaining vitamin D is of course through regular sun exposures during summer time between 10am and 2pm. Vitamin D has properties that defend against cell injury caused via free radicals and it affects detoxification pathways which are of importance in disc cell nutritional balance. Vitamin D also affects sensory neurons to modulate pain, influences neuron excitability and acts at the level of substantia gelatinosa and spinal ganglion in the process of sensory perception.
Since vitamin D supplements lead to magnesium deficiency, and because according to recent studies almost every in the UK person is now deficient not only in vitamin D but also magnesium, you must take 400 to 800mg of good quality magnesium every day.
– Magnesium citrate or another well absorbed magnesium: 2 times a day 200-400 mg between meals. The more vitamin D3 is used the more magnesium must be taken as D3 leads to magnesium deficiency.
Evidence is overwhelming that low levels of magnesium contribute to the heavy metal deposition in the brain that precedes different neurological conditions.
– Good quality multivitamin-mineral formula (high in B vitamins): 1 tablet after breakfast. Please do not buy cheap formulas as their potency is very low and they contain only short list of inorganic ingredients. It must be a good quality formula such as Healthy Mega (HealthAid), VM75 (Solgar) or Special Two (NOW Foods) which are an excellent multi-vitamin and mineral formulas fortified with alfalfa powder, rutin, citrus bioflavonoids, bromelain, herbs, digestive enzymes and many other super nutrients. If your diet is very healthy and you stay away from refined foods, sugar and stimulants then take only 1/2 tablet after breakfast.
– Since Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folate) play very important role in dealing with ADHD I recommand getting B complex with a good quality multivitamin-mineral formula which is high in B vitamins. One of my favourite ones is Healthy Mega (HealthAid) as it is not only high in B vitamins and at the same time it contains zinc, selenium, herbs, digestive enzymes, micronutrients, and few super grasses. Compared with other popular formulas Healthy mega may contain even up to 60 times more vitamins per tablet!
Adults may take 1 tablet of Healthy Mega after breakfast, children 1/2 tablet (or less) crushed and mixed with juice after breakfast.
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved