Written by Slawomir (“Swavak”) Gromadzki, MPH
Morning sickness is a common term used to describe nausea during pregnancy, especially within the first monts. It is estimated that 50 to 80 % of all pregnant women experience morning sickness at some point.
POSSIBLE TRIGGERS AND CAUSES
Deficiency of magnesium, molybdenum, zinc, B6, B12, vitamin D, foods high in sugar, sulphites and nitrites, alcohol, toxins, stress, hormonal imbalance, overeating, flu symptoms, kidney or liver stones, migraine headaches, etc. It is also believed that morning sickness can be triggered by changes in hormone levels, especially rising estrogen levels.
– Most important remedies to treat morning sickness are: Magnesium, ginger, fresh lemon juice, and molybdenum.
– Magnesium is one of the main causes of nausea during pregnancy. Almost all people today are deficient in magnesium due to soil depletion, refined diet, use of stimulants, stress and other factors, and pregnency makes this deficiency even worse. For this reason you need to take two times a day 200-400 mg of magnesium citrate (also good to treat constipation). Magnesium is the number one most important element to eliminating morning sickness. It works even better if you start taking it months before getting pregnant. But let me explain why magnesium is so important to prevent and treat morning sickness. Cortisol, which is made by your adrenal glands whenever you experience stress, triggers huge sugar (glucoses) spikes, resulting in tiredness and nausea (morning sickness). Normally, it is magnesium that balances cortisol levels by cleaning the excess of this hormone from the blood. Unfortunately, since almost all people are already deficient in magnesium and hormones during pregnancy inhibit our ability to absorb magnesium it leads excess of stress hormones that cause nausea! In addition you may also add some epsom salt or magnesium oil to your bath.
– Avoid inorganic iron. If you are deficient in iron take 2 tablespoons of organic spirulina powder before breakfast, 1 tablespoon of molasses with meals, avoid caffeine, etc. As far as supplemetation is concerned try using only iron bisglycinate.
– Apart from magnesium you also need 10-50 mg of vitamin B6 and 15-50 mg of zinc citrate (must be citrate as other types of zinc may trigger nausea) after breakfast as both B6 and zinc deficiency (very common today) are believed to contribute to nausea during pregnancy.
– During pregnancy one of the key causes of nausea can be molybdenum deficiency as this trace mineral is very important in eliminating nitrates from the body. Without molybdenum nitrates cant be removed and trigger nausea. A study found lower morning sickness in areas where the diet was high in foods that are good sourcess of molybdenum such as legumes and whole grains (especially oats and barley). We know that sulfites cause morning sickness and nausea if they are not removed from the body by molybdenum. Molybdenum is used in our body by enzymes including sulfite oxidase to convert sulfites to sulfates (which are recycled or excreted in urine). Foods that interfere with sulfite oxidase (especially sulfites and nitrites) are believed to be common triggers for nausea, morning sickness and motion sickness. Keep in mind that molybdenum is a trace mineral which due to soil depletion will never even be found in large enough doses in food. It is therefore recommended to take it in the form of supplements. The Linus Pauling institute suggests about 50 mcg for pregnant women and to treat morning sickness.
– Ginger contains powerful oils and compounds – gingerols and shogaols that calm the stomach and digestive system. One gram of ginger daily is often enough to curb both nausea and vomiting in pregnant women. Ginger can be more effective than Dramamine for motion sickness and nausea, with the added benefit of not causing side effects such as drowsiness.
– Lemon juice is another particularly effective nausea treatment. Lemons contain specific neutralizing acids that generate bicarbonates in the stomach, in turn relieving nausea caused by a number of conditions. Lemon juice can be added in tea or taken directly from the lemon itself.
– Red Raspberry Leaf: “From experience this is the absolute best remedy for morning sickness. I couldn’t drink the tea because the smell made me sick. A friend recommended red-raspberry leave capsules. You must get them with just red raspberry, no mixture (often mixed with rose hips). Take two three times a day. Gets rid of 80% of morning sickness. After the first three months, reduce dose to two one time a day throughout pregnancy to strengthen uterus. Makes labor and recovery much easier.” Posted by Toni (Oregon) (source)
– Studies demonstrated that vitamin B12 reduces nausea and vomiting in many pregnant womenwho are usually deficient in this vitamin as it is used by fetus. There has been no sign of harm to the fetus with the use of vitamin B12 supplements. In fact, a combination of vitamin B12 and folic acid (methylfolate is much better form of supplementation) is the most effective way to prevent neural tube defects in the growing fetus. Take 1,000 to 2,000 mcg of B12 a day under the tongue (must be in the form of sublingual Methylcobalamin!). Read a fascinating article on B12 >
– One of the best natural remedies from God’s pharmacy I know is activated charcoal. With charcoal you can effectively treat many health problems including morning sickness and nausea.
– Antihistamines such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and cyclizine (Marezine) are usually recommended for motion sickness but they they can be unpleasantly sedating and cause other side effects. It is therefore much better to try first natural antihistamines in the form of supplements that are free from side effects. One of the best formulas with antyhistamines is Allergforte by HealthAid as it contains quercetin, pine bark extract and other important ingredients effective in lowering histamine levels.
– Avoid alcohol, caffeine, low-quality meat, fish, poultry, eggs, greasy and fatty foods, refine salt, processed/packaged foods.
– Plant-based unrefined diet seems to be very beneficial as according to the greenmedinfo, “It has been found that nausea and vomiting in the morning happen far less frequently in countries where diets are centered on plants like fruits, vegetables and grains. For example, India is a country where eating meat is far less common than in the Western world. Many animals that are considered livestock in the United States are revered and respected in India. As a result of eating mostly plant foods, India is at the bottom of the list when it comes to frequency of morning sickness at just 35%.” >
– If combine the use of described here remedies and principles with sincere fervent prayers you will experience great results very quickly.
– If you believe in existence of God don’t forget about daily fervent prayers and reading or listening to a good spiritual literature (such as the Bible, Desire of Ages > and “Ministry of Healing” > by Ellen G White available online free of charge) which presents God as loving, healing, forgiving, carrying and saving from eternal death Person. All this will greatly increase the effectiveness of your improved diet and lifestyle: “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1Thessalonians 5:16-18, NIV); “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7, NIV). Because from my own experience I know and remember how difficult it was, in my case, to change my eating habits and give up on junk food and stimulants using my own pathetic at that time will power, I recommend to you reading or listening to a book “Steps to Christ” > and Great Controversy > by Ellen White. If you carefully study all the information presented there and follow the steps, you will not only become victorious but will actually experience an inward transformation which will enable you to enjoy your new lifestyle (including diet and physical activity).
SOURCESS AND REFERENCES
Share this article to save lives and bring relief to the suffering!
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
© 2016 Slawomir Gromadzki – All Rights Reserved